PDA

View Full Version : We should have taken clevlands trade offer..

acehole
04-30-2007, 04:09 PM
We would of had POZ and a boat load of picks including clevlands # 1 next year.....

patmoran2006
04-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I've thought of that too. Buffalo must've REALLY been higher on Lynch than they let on. Can't really judge it though until we see how Lynch is, but considering basically what we gave up in Comp from Cleveland to reject the trade and select Lynch, he needs to be worth it.

Personally, if he keeps his nose clean (my big worry) he'll be worth it. Plus, if that went down people would've exploded (probably myself too) about PISS on waiting til next year, lets get some talent this year.

Bling
04-30-2007, 04:14 PM
That's not how it works. Cleveland says I'm only giving a 1st and 2nd to get back in. Want it? You don't negotiate, because Cleveland knows that it'll be a while before Brady is gone.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Well I'm thinking that Lynch is going to be the better addition so I'm happy with what we did. If you want to *****, ***** about not staying put and still getting Poz. Our 3rd rounder could have really helped us.

jdbillsfan
04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
From Peter King's Article:

He got on the phone. He called Houston, which owned the 10th pick, then Buffalo, which had the 12th pick, followed by St. Louis (No. 13) and Carolina (14). No, no, no, no. When Savage was on the phone with the Rams, Browns owner Randy Lerner joked, "Trade me to the Rams if you can get Quinn. They'll throw in [owner] Georgia Frontiere.''

Savage got a nibble from Green Bay at 16. Cleveland offered its first-round pick in 2008, and offered to flip picks with the Packers in rounds two, three and four. "I thought it was going to work,'' Savage said. "But they thought about it, called back and said no.''

The deal didn't seem to be as good as the one Dallas got. I think they were more desperate at that time. A first next year would have been good, but to swap in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th isn't very enticing to move out of the first round.

X-Era
04-30-2007, 04:26 PM
We would of had POZ and a boat load of picks including clevlands # 1 next year.....

Saw this coming.

Your not the Bills, you hold no call over what they do. Frankly, I respect your opinion but I respect the Bills decision and the Bills decision making a helluva lot more.

Mr. Pink
04-30-2007, 04:27 PM
I still personally wish no one would have taken Savages' offer.

Jan Reimers
04-30-2007, 04:35 PM
Well I'm thinking that Lynch is going to be the better addition so I'm happy with what we did. If you want to *****, ***** about not staying put and still getting Poz. Our 3rd rounder could have really helped us.
How does anyone really know whether Poz would have been there at 43 or not?

This whole thread is second guessing after the fact with a large dose of hindsight thrown in. We are all a lot smarter after the event is over and we know exactly what happened.

Michael82
04-30-2007, 04:49 PM
:rofl: You are going to love your new Quarterback. :snicker:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070428/capt.a9e45a51b7eb46e598d5923cedd5bf8a.aptopix_nfl_draft_football_nyff164.jpg

Devin
04-30-2007, 04:52 PM
No thanks im cool with our draft

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 04:55 PM
I would rather have Marshawn Jones-Drew Faulk

acehole
04-30-2007, 05:03 PM

Was not *****ing. Just making a point. A number # 1 next year plus some of Clevlands pick could have really helped a team that likes to build though the draft and not hold on to FA's......

acehole
04-30-2007, 05:04 PM
How does anyone really know whether Poz would have been there at 43 or not?

This whole thread is second guessing after the fact with a large dose of hindsight thrown in. We are all a lot smarter after the event is over and we know exactly what happened.

Point taken

ddaryl
04-30-2007, 05:45 PM
It makes absolulty no sense for us to give up our 2007 1st rd pick for an 2008 1st rd pick and a 2007 2nd rd pick.

That is a HORRIBLE DEAL. How is it a good thing to sacrafice/swap our 1st rd pick this year with Cleveland for their 2008 1st rd pick all for an extra 2nd rd pick.

If Cleveland had a later 1st rd pick in 2007 and offered us a 1st rd swap this year and their 2nd or 3rd in 2007 and thier 1st in 2008 then we make the deal.

I'd rather have Lynch

DANMAN
04-30-2007, 06:26 PM
Marv would have been foolish to take that deal. We would not have got enough This Year.

The team has holes to be filled this year and really needed a first rounder to fill one of those needs. We got the 2nd best running back in the draft with that pick. Clevlands 1st rounder next year does us no good this year, no matter how high it is.

I don't think the trade Dallas made will help them at all this year. They needed to give Wade a first round draft choice for his first year in big D.

Marv did the smart thing, the right thing.

Ickybaluky
04-30-2007, 06:55 PM

I think you are nuts. I realize Cleveland paid a premium, but they hit a homerun, IMO.

Think about it, what has haunted Cleveland since they re-joined the NFL? They have suffered from poor OL and the lack of a franchise QB. This offseason, they completely rebuilt the line and drafted a franchise LT and franchise QB. IMO, they are going to be significantly improved pretty quickly. The only real risk is if next year's pick is in the Top-5, and even that is debatable. They have set themselves up long=term.

Unless you think Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson are worthy of building a franchise around (IMO, you are delusional if you think that), the trade was well worth it.

patmoran2006
04-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Ut oh.. It's on.

FunTimes hates this draft (for the Browns that is) and expressed it to me shortly thereafter in not very pleasant terms... I think he should edit out the cuss words and as the only Browns guy on here I know of, put it out there for all to see.

don137
04-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I laugh how people complain that this team needs to get better now and they are sick of not competing now and then complain because we don't trade away basically our RB of the future for a 2nd round pick and a #1 next year. There was a huge drop off after Lynch. Sure we would of had Poz but you would have had another question mark at RB.

Goobylal
04-30-2007, 07:30 PM
So the Browns offered teams AFTER Buffalo the same deal, they also didn't take it, and the Bills are the ones who made the mistake? God I hate people sometimes.

As has been said, there were no guarantees that the 36th pick (from the Browns) would have netted the Bills Poz, seeing as how the Bucs were at 35 and obviously run the Tampa-2. And taking a RB at 43 who is a HUGE step below Lynch, wasn't worth it, even for the 1st rounder next year (big whoop).

And as for Quinn, I think he'll be a bust. Time will tell, though.

YardRat
04-30-2007, 07:58 PM
As I said before...If Cleveland really wanted Quinn with pick 12, they should have made calls while they were on the clock at 3.

If you want to play the "I got mine, now let me see if I can screw you out of yours" game you better be prepared to pay big-time.