The Answer
04-30-2007, 06:02 PM
According to this we will be picking #8 overall in 2008:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2008projection.html

#8 Buffalo - Antoine Cason - DB - Arizona

~The Answer

ddaryl
04-30-2007, 06:05 PM
I think we'll be picking anywhere's from 8 to 18....

I believe we can win 6 - 9 games in 2007

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
I think were a play-off team in '08

B-DON
04-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I dont expect playoffs but we better be in the damn mix or we will have shown no improvement what so ever

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Those are always funny looking at them before the draft next season. In college FB players mature and change so much that there will be probably 10 guys that are not on that list that will be on their next year. Then again, it is all entertainment purposes anyway.

LifetimeBillsFan
04-30-2007, 06:33 PM
If the Bills are picking 8th, the pick will be Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU, who would have been a Top 15 pick in this year's draft.

Why? Because, with Lynch, Losman and Evans on offense and a retooled offensive line, if the Bills finish that low, it will be because their defense was unable to stop the run and keep the opposition from controlling the clock and tempo of the game this season. The Bills may need to add a WR to upgrade their passing game and a CB to help their pass defense, but IMHO their biggest need in that event would be a stud DT to do what they expect McCargo to do this year. And, that DT would be Dorsey.

That having been said, I do not believe that teh Bills will be picking that low. Depending on health, etc., I expect the Bills to be in the 7-8 win range this season, + or - one game depending on the breaks. Remember, the Bills were 7-9 last year against the toughest schedule in the league without getting the expected contributions from McGahee and Spikes as they started 5 rookies. Yes, they lose Fletcher-Baker and Clements, but will have a better offensive line, a more enthusiastic RB, and a defense more experienced overall in playing their Tampa Cover 2 defensive system. So, even if you consider those additions and subtractions a wash, the Bills should be able to match the record that they had last year, barring significant injuries. With some breaks along the way, a net gain of a game or even (at most) two could be possible, despite the fact that they are again playing the toughest schedule in the league.

If that is the case, the Bills will not be drafting 8th. (Also, it is likely that there will be more 1st Round caliber RBs in next year's draft than they are projecting.)

B-DON
04-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Unless I missed someone, i am not seeing the greatest RB class ever. Only one rb in that mock and he is number 1. Maybe taking Lynch will turn out to be better than we all originally thought. Though it is still early and i am sure slaton will also be available many seem to be wrong with their assesment of next years draft

Yasgur's Farm
04-30-2007, 06:39 PM
I think were a play-off team in '08I agree!!!

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 06:40 PM
I think this team is going to shock us on offense. Wild Card in '07.

evol4276
04-30-2007, 06:41 PM
awesome since the draft ended less than 24hours ago for THIS YEAR

SquishDaFish
04-30-2007, 06:47 PM
What did that say last year about us?

SquishDaFish
04-30-2007, 06:48 PM
And I also think we win 10-11 games

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 08:53 PM
I think were a play-off team in '08

We're...... not were!

feelthepain
04-30-2007, 08:55 PM
What did that say last year about us?

With the schedule you have and the inexperience you'll be forced to use at key positions, you think you'll win 10-11 games?? Wow, unbelieveable!

YardRat
04-30-2007, 08:58 PM
I'd rather trade down and take Limas Sweed.

ptd86
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM
I think we dont have a chance to get into the playoffs this year. I definitly think we could get into the playoffs in 08'. We don't have any big free agents coming out and as long as Peters or Schobel don't hold out our young core should be around. Another solid draft and a few pieces in free agency and we should be at least the wild card in 08. Of course we cant have the hardest schedule in the NFL again.

B-DON
04-30-2007, 09:01 PM
Wr should be a first, second, and third picks next year

Sportsuser101
04-30-2007, 09:01 PM
DeSean Jackson is a freak. Wouldn't be suprised if he was a top 3 pick.

TigerJ
04-30-2007, 09:19 PM
I want to see how the secondary and linebackers gel before I go predicting too much. I think the offense is improved, and I don't think we lost too much in the linebacking, but Clements played well last year working for that big payday and Buffalo does have a pretty tough schedule.

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 09:22 PM
we JUST went through this.

Can we let the 07 guys play before we start talking about 08?

It's such a waste of time to do mocks because no one knows what will happen between now and then.

Kenny
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Those are always funny looking at them before the draft next season. In college FB players mature and change so much that there will be probably 10 guys that are not on that list that will be on their next year. Then again, it is all entertainment purposes anyway.

Exactly! This time last year, -Kenny Irons was slated as a first rounder, -unfortunately he had a disappointing senior year.

The guy who is in the same shoes this coming year will be Steve Slaton (rb for the mountaineers). If he keeps it up, -I have a feeling he'll be a sure thing for a top10 pick.
And why isnt he on the list? Isnt he entering his junior year? or is that next year?

B-DON
04-30-2007, 09:42 PM
Slaton is going to be a junior and is a sure fire top ten, probably top 5 depending on his junior season.