My opinion: Lynch will be the best player taken in the draft!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

My opinion: Lynch will be the best player taken in the draft!!

2007 NFL Draft
    Scouting Report

Saturday April 28, 2007
    Player: Marshawn Lynch
    Team: Buffalo Bills
    • Round1
    • Overall12
    NFL Draft Home | DraftTracker

John Murphy's take: He's an excellent fit for any team looking for an every-down back that can also contribute as a receiver, both out of the backfield or if motioned to the slot. He runs with great vision and quickness while showing the power to finish off runs, and he shows the keen ability to cut and maintain his current level of speed and then further accelerate in a few strides. He's well-built with the size to be a workhorse back.
    Lynch has showed natural hands as a receiver and is a smooth route runner out of the backfield. He does a good job of picking up the blitz but can be overwhelmed at times by bull rushers. He's a great effort player even though he is so naturally gifted, and he's known to be a great teammate and leader by others on the Cal offense. In his career, Lynch has had a few fumbles, which mainly come because he does not always switch the ball to protect it in the open field. He also mishandled a few on toss or pitch plays, but that comes from looking up field rather than securing the ball first. Teams that are looking for a dual-threat back may favor Lynch over Peterson, but either way, he is a top-half-of-the-first-round talent that should not last past the Packers if he's still available at No. 16.

• camelcowboy
    • Mar 2005

Re: My opinion: Lynch will be the best player taken in the draft!!

I think back to the Texan game that A-train caught most of the balls on the draft. Now with a back who can catch he's going to be huge asset.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
        • Aug 2005

tasty!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Before you go Kool-aid on me you want to know why?

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
            • Mar 2004

Hurr, didn't you gurantee Adrian Peterson was going to be drafted by the Bills? Not being a jerk, just curious.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              Before you go Kool-aid on me you want to know why?
              Before you tell me, I want to know who the heck put this under my user title?!?!?!

"I am a Bills Draft Homer! Doh!"

****ERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, I like Lynch a lot too. But Calvin Johnson is and will be the best player in this draft, not even a **** franchise can contain him like Detroit.. and the 2nd best player IMO 3 years from now is LaRon Landry.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                Hurr, didn't you gurantee Adrian Peterson was going to be drafted by the Bills? Not being a jerk, just curious.
                Dude that was a contest on who we were taking and I thought the Bills would move up to 7th because there had been some reports to that effect. That, coupled with Marv's previous history, was the reason I threw it out there!

No way I guranteed that. No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                  • Mar 2004

Dude that was a contest on who we were taking and I thought the Bills would move up to 7th because there had been some reports to that effect. That, coupled with Marv's previous history, was the reason I threw it out there!

No way I guranteed that. No way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  cool, I wasn't sure brudda

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

BTW who won Mikey's draft contest with Lynch? I had Beason.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      BTW, I like Lynch a lot too. But Calvin Johnson is and will be the best player in this draft, not even a **** franchise can contain him like Detroit.. and the 2nd best player IMO 3 years from now is LaRon Landry.
                      I didn't say best athlete. Calvin Johnson is a great athlete but he's going to Detroit. Who's throwing him the ball? Shaun Alexander was the benefactor of an awesome line. How did he do this year?

My point is that the player has to fit the team to become great. Had David Carr been able to develop behind a good line what kind of player do you think he'd be now? Hard to work on mechanics when you are constantly running for your life.

Lynch is coming to the perfect place to grow and prosper. Our o-line looks to be the best we've had in years. We have solid offensive weapons to spread the field. The kid has an awesome attitude, and he has the perfect body to play at the next level. The kid is a super strong beast.

Ohh, he'll be the best player.

Comment

• B-DON
                        hi
                        • Mar 2004

Kitna was throwing the ball to roy Dubb last year and look at how that ended up. Overall the Lions are not to good but their pass offense was good last year and quite possibly might be number 1 after this season. No way CJ doesnt succeed

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by B-DON
                          Kitna was throwing the ball to roy Dubb last year and look at how that ended up. Overall the Lions are not to good but their pass offense was good last year and quite possibly might be number 1 after this season. No way CJ doesnt succeed
                          I never said CJ was going to be a bust. I'm just saying that I think Lynch will be the best player taken because he is in a great situation.

Comment

• X-Era
                            What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                            • Feb 2005

2007 NFL Draft
                            Scouting Report

Saturday April 28, 2007
                            Player: Marshawn Lynch
                            Team: Buffalo Bills
                            • Round1
                            • Overall12
                            NFL Draft Home | DraftTracker

John Murphy's take: He's an excellent fit for any team looking for an every-down back that can also contribute as a receiver, both out of the backfield or if motioned to the slot. He runs with great vision and quickness while showing the power to finish off runs, and he shows the keen ability to cut and maintain his current level of speed and then further accelerate in a few strides. He's well-built with the size to be a workhorse back.
                            Lynch has showed natural hands as a receiver and is a smooth route runner out of the backfield. He does a good job of picking up the blitz but can be overwhelmed at times by bull rushers. He's a great effort player even though he is so naturally gifted, and he's known to be a great teammate and leader by others on the Cal offense. In his career, Lynch has had a few fumbles, which mainly come because he does not always switch the ball to protect it in the open field. He also mishandled a few on toss or pitch plays, but that comes from looking up field rather than securing the ball first. Teams that are looking for a dual-threat back may favor Lynch over Peterson, but either way, he is a top-half-of-the-first-round talent that should not last past the Packers if he's still available at No. 16.

Its all speculation of course, but I really feel like Lynch will become an LT, or Faulk type player.

I havent seen him play an NFL down, he hasnt show anything yet.

Is it a crazy thought? maybe. But as someone who loves the draft, follows college football, and has watched every pick for the past 7 years, I think this guy has what it takes.

I think he plays with a mean streak, hes got good quality character to succeed, hes driven, he has god given talent that isnt hampered by injury or ego. Hes a winner, hes a complete RB.

I may be wrong and will say so if I am. But I think this guy becomes a top 5 RB in this league, a franchise RB.

For a team that hasnt had a really good one since Thurman, this could reap many many rewards.

Ive been a Lynch fan for a half a year or more, Im even more excited now that I hear him talk and see a humble yet confident man who wants to earn his position and prove it on the field.

As I said, it can always go south and turn out to be a waste. But I honestly dont have a single question mark on him at all at his point.

I dont think anyone can honestly say they didnt question McGahee's durability and ability to regain his college form.

This is a great new start toward a potent offense. GO BILLS!!!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Lynch was not the best player taken, he was the best RB taken.

Comment

Working...
                              X