PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: We should have taken clevlands trade offer..

Mr. Pink
04-30-2007, 07:41 PM
Forked from: We should have taken clevlands trade offer.. (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=1954442)

Ut oh.. It's on.

FunTimes hates this draft (for the Browns that is) and expressed it to me shortly thereafter in not very pleasant terms... I think he should edit out the cuss words and as the only Browns guy on here I know of, put it out there for all to see.

They drafted a LT with the 3rd overall pick, who has short arms for his frame and is susceptible to the bullrush on the end at the college level. He was even quoted as saying there were some guys he was in awe of, forgot names. He was never a high standout guy til recently and compares to Jordan Gross at the NFL level; according to NFL.com

They already had Ryan Tucker and Kevin Schaeffer at the tackle position and there was also talk of moving Steinbach over. So is Thomas-Tucker-Fraley-Steinbach-Schaeffer really an improvement on Tucker-Andruzzi-Fraley-Steinbach-Schaeffer? Absolutely not.

All this while leaving a franchise RB on the board when you have an old, worn down HB in Jamal Lewis only on a one year deal. Ridiculous.

Then you mortgage the future, by sending next years' number 1, which I guarantee you will be a top 5 again to get Quinn. Quinn a guy who never showed up against teams like Michigan and LSU. Problem is every NFL defense is better than those 2 college defenses. Sure he lit up Air Force, but even the Raiders pathetic defense is better than Air Force. I can already see it now, first game vs the Ravens, Quinn back to pass...looking...he finds Ed Reed wide open! For the 3rd time today! Quinn is gonna throw upwards of 25 picks at this level. For perspective in last years draft, he woulda been easily the 5th or 6th QB selected. Probably why he knew not to come out early.

Again, we got rid of a top 5 pick next year, with no viable running back for the 2008 season while it's supposed to be a huge class for RB. Maybe they can trade their entire 08 draft and 09 1st pick to get McFadden!

Then, they move up to get Eazy E. A guy who had rape allegations against him, yes they were dropped, but was found to have drugs and paraphanelia all over his apartment. Dude has 1st round talent and 7th round maturity. Excellent. I wonder how long it's gonna take for him to go Pacman. Apparently the Browns front office hasn't paid attention to Goodell and some of his new policies towards behavior.

I would get into the day 2 picks, but I cannot. Day 2 was so absolutely attrocious I was literally hoping that in Rd6 Mason Crosby would still be there, so they would get a starter that would still be in Cleveland in 4 years. Green Bay screwed that one up.

What we had here in essence was Savage and RAC panicing and mortgaging the future in order to save their jobs for today. Sound familiar? After an 0-6 start, RAC is gonna be scapegoated and fired. Then after a 2-14 to 4-12 season...Savage is gonna get the axe. Leaving a new HC and GM with no first round pick, Dan McGwire Jr at QB and no running game. Making every Browns fan wait til at least 2010 before the team is viably competitive on Sundays. Joy of joy. It hasn't been bad enough as a Browns fan I haven't had anything to root really since 1994, lets extend it longer.

As Mel Kiper once said about a different team...."there is a reason the Browns are drafting top 5 year after year, they just have no clue what the NFL draft is about."

Then I get to read that this is a "great draft" This is arguably the WORST draft in NFL history let alone Browns franchise history. None of these players taken will be starters in the NFL in 3 years let alone on the Browns. But of course ESPN and the experts love it...They've been glad handing Quinn and ND football for years.

Brady Quinn compares to Tom Brady? Please. Why does NFL.com say this, you ask? Because they both played under Charlie Weiss. We all know what kind of boner the national media has for Patriots and ex-patriots.

Feel free to flame me or whatever for not buying the national kool-aid and not pandering to the fact that the Browns got two big name guys if you want.

YardRat
04-30-2007, 08:12 PM
Brady Quinn = Rick Mirer. Maybe worse. I thought the Thomas pick-up was pretty good, but I could be proven wrong.

THATHURMANATOR
04-30-2007, 08:35 PM
What do you care you are a Bills fan anyways Thomas!

SABURZFAN
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
still harping on e.wrights past..... :shakeno:

that happened when he was at USC by the way.he had a clean track record after he transferred to UNLV.that young man had ZERO guidance and hung with the wrong crowd at USC.