PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay says Bills had worst draft in AFC east

Bills232
04-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Click on AFC East draft..

Said Lynch was a reach, and has character/injury issues..

Said Jets had the best draft in AFC east, Phins 2nd best, Pats 3rd..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

Goobylal
04-30-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm sure he thought the same thing last year. Hence his opinion means nothing.

YardRat
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
You're going to see, and have already, opinions on the draft ranging from one end of the spectrum to the other depending on who's writing the article.

At this point, none of them have any more validity than any others.

Mitchy moo
04-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Sure.

dolphan117
04-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow, IMO the whole AFC East did pretty darn well.

Bills232
I dont know...

This Todd McShay guy sounds like a bright guy...

Im not be sarcastic either...

I'm a little worried right now..

I dont watch a lot of ESPN, but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about..

dhan
Look at the consensus draft grades, we got one of the highest grades

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2854030

hammerbillsfan
04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Todd McShay can suck a bag for all I'm concerned.

Goobylal
04-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I heard McShay. His dislike of Lynch is purely personal, and frankly it's unprofessional. He dislikes those even accused of sexual assault whether it's proven false (like in Lynch's case) or not. He also made the claim that Lynch doesn't like Buffalo. Except that he's bringing his mother and brother there with him.

Ignore this fool. He's no better than Colin Cowherd.

Philagape
04-30-2007, 08:41 PM
he sounded like he knew what he was talking about..

Anyone can SOUND LIKE they know what they're talking about.

Bills232
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
I kind of get him though..

Sexual assualt charge??

Nagging injuries?

Bad attitude?

Hatred of Buffalo?

Who does this remind you of?

What if he wears #21?h

tat2dmike77
04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
McShay is a douche like i give a rats ass what he grades the bills draft. If he is such a great scout then why is he not working for a pro team?

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:00 PM

Sexual assualt charge??

Nagging injuries?

Bad attitude?

Hatred of Buffalo?

What if he wears #21?h
Never charged, charges were dropped.

Injuries are a non-issue now.

Bad attitude? First I've heard of it, you must have some rich friends or something.

Hatred of Buffalo? He just got here and he said he was ecstatic to to be here.

Devin
04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
The reviews are 90% great Todd McShay can eat a dick.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
The reviews are 90% great Todd McShay can eat a dick.
I don't know if anyone else notices but McShay never has anything good to say about our organization.

B-DON
04-30-2007, 09:05 PM
Man people on this board love to make things up when it sounds good

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 09:17 PM
He wanted us to draft leon hall all year, as far as im concerned he sucks.

Bmax
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Mcshay also said Troy Smith was a character risk....Sure smith may have had an issue with money and a fight with a team mate in the past .. But look where the guy came from....From the bottom of the barrell of neighborhoods in cleveland.. No dad, mom had drug issues .. in and out of foster homes ...Now he has his degree and is a well spoken gentelmen who wants to give back and help kids....I guess human beings can't make mistakes when their 18 anymore ...

Lynch may not like Buffalo... he doesn't have to, all he has to do is play his butt off on sundays...I'm sure the big paycheck will make him love Buffalo.....

Bmax

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 09:23 PM
I won't get into the argument if McShay is right or wrong, but is it just me or has ESPN just become one big joke? I don't think there is one person on that network that I like anymore and their opinions mean snot to me. Todd McShay can bite me.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:25 PM
I won't get into the argument if McShay is right or wrong, but is it just me or has ESPN just become one big joke? I don't think there is one person on that network that I like anymore and their opinions mean snot to me. Todd McShay can bite me.
I don't mind Jaws so much, and Berman is usually good for a laugh or two.

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
If it was this well known that Lynch didn't like Buffalo Marv wouldn't have drafted the guy. I'm sure the question "could you play in Buffalo and be happy" was brought up during the interview with the Bills a month ago.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I don't mind Jaws so much, and Berman is usually good for a laugh or two.

OK, you are correct, I do like Jaws. I have grown tired of Berman and his act.

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
I really believe Marv had this guy looked into before we drafted him. He wouldn't be a bill if his character didn't pan out.

DANMAN
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
These draft analysts are self-important. Their opinions don't mean much and they are wrong alot more then any of them would care to admit. Todd McShay is a Mel Kiper wannabe.

I prefer to listen to Marv, he says we had a good draft and I am inclined to agree.

feldspar
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm really getting sick of this "character issues" BS. Someone smoke pot once, and suddenly they "have character issues"...as though everyone else is just perfect.

Pacman Jones has character issues. T.O. has character issues. Marshawn Lynch does NOT have character issues IMO. From what I understand, his ex-girlfriend was claiming that Lynch sexaul assaulted her for financial reasons. He broke up with her and she was pissed because Lynch was going to be rich. She wanted his money.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070129/ai_n17161508

If you want to label Lynch as "having character issues" because some idiot was doing a drive-by on the wrong guy, then that's just a classic case of blaming the victim.

It looks to me like labeling Lynch as having character issues based on this evidence is blaming the victim.

Remember, he grew up in a pretty bad neighborhood. That means guns (the drive by) and people who are going to try and take advantage of you (his ex-girlfriend). There were never charges filed...his ex wants to file a civil suit...nuff said.

cordog
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM

They've sucked since Disney bought them. They are too busy trying to sell magazines, cell phones, crap on their website and making crappy reality shows and movies to really care about sports. When they actually do report anything its either the Yankees, Red Sox or T.O. They are like the Entertainment Tonight of the sports world.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM

Sexual assualt charge??

Nagging injuries?

Bad attitude?

Hatred of Buffalo?

What if he wears #21?h

What! :shocked: You think if he did these things especially #1 that Marv would've drafted him. Marv said he wants good players not jailbirds like cough The Bengals, Patriots. Marv did say in his Draft PC that the BILLS checked on up on him before they drafted him.

B-DON
04-30-2007, 09:38 PM
I'm really getting sick of this "character issues" BS. Someone smoke pot once, and suddenly they "have character issues"...as though everyone else is just perfect.

Pacman Jones has character issues. T.O. has character issues. Marshawn Lynch does NOT have character issues IMO. From what I understand, his ex-girlfriend was claiming that Lynch sexaul assaulted her for financial reasons. He broke up with her and she was pissed because Lynch was going to be rich. She wanted his money.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4176/is_20070129/ai_n17161508

If you want to label Lynch as "having character issues" because some idiot was doing a drive-by on the wrong guy, then that's just a classic case of blaming the victim.

It looks to me like labeling Lynch as having character issues based on this evidence is blaming the victim.

Remember, he grew up in a pretty bad neighborhood. That means guns (the drive by) and people who are going to try and take advantage of you (his ex-girlfriend). There were never charges filed...his ex wants to file a civil suit...nuff said.

Could not have said it any better

The Answer
04-30-2007, 09:42 PM

Even though The Answer disagree's with this assessment - McShay is well respected in most hardcore circles as a professional football analyst.

If anything Buffalo and New England had the best drafts. Dolfellons dropped the ball with the Ginn pick, but did do some good things as the draft moved forward.

As far as all the hype with the Jets - Look for Buffalo to run them off the field twice for the sweep this year.

~The Answer

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:43 PM
OK, you are correct, I do like Jaws. I have grown tired of Berman and his act.
I do admit it gets old after a while but I would much rather listen to him and Jackson than any of those other morons.

B-DON
04-30-2007, 09:47 PM

Well B-DON says Todd McShay had the worst Draft coverage I have ever seen. This guy sucks. If he was our coach we would be rolling with Leon Hall. I am sure that would have gotten us an A on his review

feldspar
04-30-2007, 09:53 PM
I do admit it gets old after a while but I would much rather listen to him and Jackson than any of those other morons.

Berman is alright in small doses. He's the best ESPN has got, which isn't saying much. I'm sure that Jaws knows what he's talking about, but I can't take his strange personality for very long, either...although I never really reach the point where grates on my nerves - Sean Salisbury is my least favorite, and Stuwart Scott ain't as "down with the rap" as he thinks.

Berman is at his best during his show (whatever it's called now) where they show the highlights of the games. I would enjoy it a lot more if they would give an accurate interpretation of what happened in the games though. They leave out huge chunks of very important events from the games...I'll watch a game, then watch ESPN's highlights and say "that's not really what happened."

Ingtar33
04-30-2007, 09:55 PM
the duke boys were indited.

A grand jury would indite a ham sandwich

There wasn't even enough in this to motivate a prosecutor to bring to a grand jury... in nutty California.

How would you like it if someone accused you of rape and you never did anything, only to have folks bring it up and question your character everywhere you go?

M
05-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Hatred of Buffalo? I don't think so ...

NFLN reported that Lynch was going to live full-time in Buffalo.

ParanoidAndroid
05-01-2007, 09:32 AM
When I watched the interview of Lynch, I saw a happy-go-lucky, polite although not very well spoken, confident young man. He looked excited and spoke with some emotion. I think he takes the game more seriously than he takes himself. As a player, he is going to find that he can't run sideways as often as he did in college because the linebackers are so much faster at the NFL level, but his receiving skills are going to give defenses problems and he can run North-South if he puts the pads down.
McGahee was always leaning back or looking into the air as if he couldn't care less during interviews. He took himself too seriously and blamed his teammates as if he was bigger than the game. As a player, he ran stupid screen routes and danced in the backfield but had the potential to be much better. Let's hope he doesn't smarten up while he's in Baltimore.

Bert102176
05-01-2007, 09:33 AM
I agree 90% the 10% I disagree with is about Lynch but damn I wanted Patrick Willis, If we woulda got Willis it woulda ment atleast 4 more wins then what were gona have especially since all our picks have been injury prone in college.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I dont watch a lot of ESPN, but he sounded like he knew what he was talking about..
What you have to understand is that's how these empty talking heads get their jobs: They are gas bags, but they make their points so convincingly that some people actually believe them.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2007, 09:47 AM
I agree 90% the 10% I disagree with is about Lynch but damn I wanted Patrick Willis, If we woulda got Willis it woulda ment atleast 4 more wins then what were gona have especially since all our picks have been injury prone in college.
Bert, I respect your opinion, but no one can say that Willis - or anyone else - would mean 4 more wins. And if we'd gotten him at 12, we would have had to settle for a much lesser RB. IMO, it's way too early to judge our draft this harshly.

jdbillsfan
05-01-2007, 10:08 AM
When I watched the interview of Lynch, I saw a happy-go-lucky, polite although not very well spoken, confident young man. He looked excited and spoke with some emotion. I think he takes the game more seriously than he takes himself. As a player, he is going to find that he can't run sideways as often as he did in college because the linebackers are so much faster at the NFL level, but his receiving skills are going to give defenses problems and he can run North-South if he puts the pads down.
McGahee was always leaning back or looking into the air as if he couldn't care less during interviews. He took himself too seriously and blamed his teammates as if he was bigger than the game. As a player, he ran stupid screen routes and danced in the backfield but had the potential to be much better. Let's hope he doesn't smarten up while he's in Baltimore.

Good Post.

Another thing about Todd McD-Bag's review. Buffalo had the worst draft because they reached for Lynch at 12 as he was rated in the 20's, but Miami had the 2nd best draft because they drafted Ted Ginn Jr at 9?

So Lynch was a reach, but Ginn wasn't. Ginn isn't going to be ready for 2-4 months, Dolphins already have a #1 WR, Buffalo did not have a #1 RB, Miami doesn't have a starting QB and passed on Quinn.

Makes sense Todd.

feldspar
05-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Good Post.

Another thing about Todd McD-Bag's review. Buffalo had the worst draft because they reached for Lynch at 12 as he was rated in the 20's, but Miami had the 2nd best draft because they drafted Ted Ginn Jr at 9?

So Lynch was a reach, but Ginn wasn't. Ginn isn't going to be ready for 2-4 months, Dolphins already have a #1 WR, Buffalo did not have a #1 RB, Miami doesn't have a starting QB and passed on Quinn.

Makes sense Todd.
Green Bay probably would have taken Lynch 4 spots later.

Statman
05-01-2007, 07:01 PM

Lynch didn't exactly light up college ball last season.

He had only around 1,300 yards and 11 TDs both this and last season at Cal in a defensively weak conference.

I like him, but I'm also very concerned at the same time. If he posts 3/4 of his totals in the NFL immediately, he'll be doing great at 1,000/8. I'm guessing something less than that in what will likely be a platoon situation.

He still must prove that he's capable of carrying the ball for 300 times in a season.

Goobylal
05-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Lynch didn't exactly light up college ball last season.

He had only around 1,300 yards and 11 TDs both this and last season at Cal in a defensively weak conference.

I like him, but I'm also very concerned at the same time. If he posts 3/4 of his totals in the NFL immediately, he'll be doing great at 1,000/8. I'm guessing something less than that in what will likely be a platoon situation.

He still must prove that he's capable of carrying the ball for 300 times in a season.
I read that Lynch only carried the ball about 17 times per game.

And McShay knows nothing about Lynch's character, at least not as much as the Bills know. Think about it. The Bills had Lynch, Poz, and Revis targeted in the 1st round, and since the 12th overall pick involves big bucks, I'll bet they looked into Lynch's (and the other guys') character a LOT more than McShay, who has to know as much as he can about HUNDREDS of draft prospects. So whose opinion would YOU trust? Besides the fact that him getting away with sexual assault would have taken a massive conspiracy from the witness who was there all the way up to the police and ADA.

And as for the "hates Buffalo," that's totally disproven by him living in Buffalo and bringing his mom and brother there. I mean, from where did this guy pull this?