PDA

View Full Version : Marv is copying something...

jpdex12
04-30-2007, 08:39 PM
JP=Jim Kelly
Trent Edwards=Frank Reich
Marhawn Lynch=Thurmanator
Dwayne Wright=Kenneth Davis

Bringing back the glory days! Hold onto your seats!

ptd86
04-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I like JP a lot, but JP should not be put in the same paragraph as Jim Kelly. Same with Marshawn to Thurman.

Bills232
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
OR

Trent Edwards=Rob Johnson.. all the tools.. never put it together(Edwards college career)

Marshawn Lynch=Antwain Smith

D'Wayne Wright=Willis McGahee

Mitchy moo
04-30-2007, 08:45 PM
I like JP a lot, but JP should not be put in the same paragraph as Jim Kelly. Same with Marshawn to Thurman.

Yet being a word to be added to that statement. Jimbo got better after a few seasons at the helm as well, he was not an instant success.

ptd86
04-30-2007, 08:48 PM
The only thing they have in comparison is they play the same position

gil
04-30-2007, 08:49 PM
I think Marv has a plan, but I am quite convinced he is not attempting to rebuild the high-flying "k-gun" offense with the style of offense we have so far seen from our current coaching staff and personnel decisions.

I'd like to believe that weren't so, but wishing isn't going to make it happen.

That being said, I am reasonably optimistic this group of guys will create something special all their own.

camelcowboy
04-30-2007, 09:34 PM
If thats the case why can't we get a Lofton, Odoms or Metzlars? I do see a Poz comparison with colan but that has more to do with the school then their skill set.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-30-2007, 09:36 PM
I am going to take a second to decide whether to attack the post or the poster.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Yet being a word to be added to that statement. Jimbo got better after a few seasons at the helm as well, he was not an instant success.

Skooby, how old are you?

I watched Kelly's first game ever as a Bill. There was one play where he fell with the ball in his hand holding him off the ground. He pushed himself up, off the ball, and threw a TD pass. At that moment I knew I was watching greatness.

I like JP, but do not compare him to Jim Kelly, ever.

HHURRICANE
04-30-2007, 09:39 PM
JP=Jim Kelly

Is the white guy playing Bruce Smith in this model of yours?

The Answer
04-30-2007, 09:47 PM
JP=Jim Kelly

We are still missing some key elements of the equation though:

The Biscuit
James Lofton
Bruce Smith

Also Scott Norwood = Lindell

~The Answer

gr8slayer
04-30-2007, 09:51 PM
I don't want them to be like anyone from the past, I want them to be better.

Slim
04-30-2007, 09:54 PM
Wheres Jim Ritcher, Kent Hull, Will Wolford, Howard Ballard? Thats who i want.

The Answer
04-30-2007, 10:01 PM
Wheres Jim Ritcher, Kent Hull, Will Wolford, Howard Ballard? Thats who i want.

Man were those the days - talk about true dominance up front and opening up gaping holes for Thermal and company.

Pretty sad that after perenial all pros like that left we had the likes of Jamie Nails, Marcus Spriggs, Benny The Penalty, Trey Turnstile Teague, Mike Williams, etc come through here.

~The Answer

feldspar
04-30-2007, 10:03 PM
JP=Jim Kelly

I think you have your calculations a little bit convoluted. Here are the real ones:

JP = Jim Kelly - Holcomb times Dan Marino to the 5th power divided by John Elway

Trent Edwards = Doung Flutie + Vince Young divided by Jay Cutler - Richard Simmons

Marshawn Lynch = Walter Payton + Thurman divided by Kenneth Davis minus Dr. Ruth Westheimer.

Dwayne Wright = Dwayn Wright

In fact, all of these people = only themselves.

HAMMER
04-30-2007, 10:13 PM
Skooby, how old are you?

I watched Kelly's first game ever as a Bill. There was one play where he fell with the ball in his hand holding him off the ground. He pushed himself up, off the ball, and threw a TD pass. At that moment I knew I was watching greatness.

I like JP, but do not compare him to Jim Kelly, ever.

I wouldn't go so far as to say ever, if he leads us to a Super Bowl I am quite sure we will all be worshipping JP.

Meathead
04-30-2007, 10:52 PM
derrick dockery = howard ballard
paul posnezxkqsky = shane conlan
langston walker = a black will wolford
kyle williams = a smaller whiter ted washington
darwin walker = a less hairy black fred smerlas
lee evans = a faster darker bobby chandler
josh reed = a light skinned shorter slower butter fingered james lofton
jason whittle = a smaller whiter less disgusting jamie nails with better teeth
shaud williams = the closest thing to a white rb the bills ever had
roseanne barr = the prettiest bills cheerleader when they were 2-14
alec baldwin = less abrasive than a pissed off bill polian
roscoe parrish = one of the few people dumber than w
current stadium hot dogs = less edible than a whammy weenie

mchurchfie
05-01-2007, 01:33 AM
:1:He had a lot more success than JP within a year. I remember seeing him play his first exhibition game against the Bears and you could see his will to win even then. JP doesn't even come close to comparing.

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Ah for christ sake guys, when will most of you get off the offensive kick? I start a thread that I guess could have been explained a little better to you pesamists out there and you take it right where you usually do...attack, attack, attack.

Before you ignorantly sponge bath someone with your fecal retorts, think about what someone is implying from the words that they offer rather than ripping it apart in your own ways!

What I meant to imply is that I think that Marv is trying to structure a team in the same manner that he did in the late 80's/early 90's. By no means am I saying that JP is the second coming of Jim Kelly as those are big shoes to fill and no I am not comparing Lynch to a replica of Thurm. JC we haven't even seen Lynch play in an NFL game yet, how could I compare this?

Marv is structuring this team with what appears to be similar rosters to the team that I am referencing. JP is forming into a respectable QB and we just drafted hopefully a solid #2 QB who graded out with a high draft grade. There's the 1-2 punch we had with Kelly and Reich. Likewise with Lynch grading out to be a great RB like Thurman was and maybe Wright will be able to fill in as Kenneth Davis did...there's the 1-2 RB punch. So on so forth. While JP is no Kelly and probably never will be I can see some similarities in how Marv is structuring this team like the days of old. You can't tell me that Poz is not following the steps of Conlan? There's another similar comparison.

So now can you back off a bit and understand what I am getting at? I want this team to have it's own identity and grow more than the days of old but there's nothing wrong with modeling a team after the successful Jim Kelly led Bills. I doubt JP will call a whole game like Kelly but if we have an offense like the high flying Rams with Mike Martz then we will have a more successful team.

We'll have to wait and see what happens.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 12:57 PM
Find me Bruce, Biscuit, Talley and Odomes and I'll buy into the "glory days" copycat.

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 12:58 PM
What I meant to imply is that I think that Marv is trying to structure a team in the same manner that he did in the late 80's/early 90's.

Well considering he had nothing to do with Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith coming to Buffalo as they were players he inherited, and the same for JP, I'm not following your argument.

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 01:04 PM
Well considering he had nothing to do with Jim Kelly and Bruce Smith coming to Buffalo as they were players he inherited, and the same for JP, I'm not following your argument.

Did he get rid of them either? Did he get rid of JP when he came in? Did he get rid of Kelly when he inherited the team? No he kept them! Could he have gotten rid of them...F'in A he could have. Did he? F'in NO he didn't! So what does that tell you Hurricane? That tells me that he likes what he sees and wants to continue on. What do you want to dig into next?

When you want to improve a house do you have to rip up a good foundation to improve it? Not necessarily.

ddaryl
05-01-2007, 01:08 PM
I think Marv is borrowing quite a bit of in-sight from Bill Polian. There does seem to be similiarities in the way this team is being built. Even if some of the pieces were already here before he came.

Statman
05-01-2007, 01:20 PM
JP=Jim Kelly

Yeah, too bad he's not just playing Madden '07. Or heck, maybe he is. It would certainly explain quite a bit.

Jason Peters = Will Woolford
Derrick Dockery = Jim Ritcher
Melvin Fowler = Kent Hull (ROFLMAO)
Langston Walker = House Ballard

Chris Kelsay = Phil Hanson
Larry Tripplett = Jeff Wright
Aaron Schobel = Bruce Smith

Angelo Crowell = Darryl Talley
Posluszny = Biscuit

Sure! It's as clear as mud, how can anyone not see the resemblance to Marv's masterpiece.

Oh, I forgot, Peerless Price = James Lofton

And of course, Dick Jauron = Captain Kangaroo (Marv Levy)

Statman
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
I think Marv is borrowing quite a bit of in-sight from Bill Polian. There does seem to be similiarities in the way this team is being built. Even if some of the pieces were already here before he came.
Yeah, Marv has the body of the vehicle looking great.

Now if only he can find a way to propel it.

OOPS! Seems to be something missing, eh.

LMAO

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Yeah, too bad he's not just playing Madden '07. Or heck, maybe he is. It would certainly explain quite a bit.

Posluszny = Biscuit

Sure! It's as clear as mud, how can anyone not see the resemblance to Marv's masterpiece.

You sound like you have your period! What's the matter? Didn't get any loving this morning before you left for work?

Statman=?

Care to fill in the question mark anyone?

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM

Posluszny = Biscuit

You sound like you have your period! What's the matter? Didn't get any loving this morning before you left for work?

Statman=?

Care to fill in the question mark anyone?

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 02:57 PM

Posluszny = Biscuit

That's funny. Wow, when you look at it that way our team kinda still sucks.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 04:07 PM
Ya it does.. damn

Meathead
05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
you guys wont even see marvs backhand comin

Philagape
05-01-2007, 04:34 PM
It's not exactly an original formula ...

Statman
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
you guys wont even see marvs backhand comin
Frankly, for the astute, what's coming ain't a hand and it ain't comin' from the front.

Keep that belt buckled and tight.

Statman
05-01-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll vote for you and jpdex12 in a celebrity death match.

LOL

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
I'll vote for you and jpdex12 in a celebrity death match.

LOL

Hurricane will go down like a pile of melting clay too!

Honestly, you can choose to put together whatever you want as far as comparisons or non-comparisons but would you also critisize Adam Shefter's preseason prediction of Marshawn being the Offensive ROY in 2007?

Statman
05-01-2007, 09:29 PM
Hurricane will go down like a pile of melting clay too!

Honestly, you can choose to put together whatever you want as far as comparisons or non-comparisons but would you also critisize Adam Shefter's preseason prediction of Marshawn being the Offensive ROY in 2007?
LOL

As to Adam Shefter's preseson prediction of Marshawn being the OROY, again with a wager, you willing to put 20 on that payable to Hunter's Hope?

Is Shefter 100% accurate over the years? If so, then why hasn't that been published as such?

You guys pick and choose the predictions and statements from those that fit your arguments and two months later you'll be calling the guy a moron for some other statmeent about Pos or someone else on the Bills. Right?

What's his take on Pos?

By the way, I'm not saying that Lynch won't be good at all. I have high hopes for him. IMO setting the bar at the highest level possible isn't wise. Many people last year here thought that Whitner would be the DROY and he didn't even come close.

IMO if Lynch gets 800 yards and 6 TDs platooning with Thomas early in the season behind our line I think he's doing about par. I would also suggest that if he isn't the full-time carrier by midseason then something's amiss. At 12th overall he needs to be that guy, especially with an extremely mediocre RB with absolutely no upside ahead of him on the depth chart.

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 10:05 PM
LOL

As to Adam Shefter's preseson prediction of Marshawn being the OROY, again with a wager, you willing to put 20 on that payable to Hunter's Hope?

Is Shefter 100% accurate over the years? If so, then why hasn't that been published as such?

You guys pick and choose the predictions and statements from those that fit your arguments and two months later you'll be calling the guy a moron for some other statmeent about Pos or someone else on the Bills. Right?

What's his take on Pos?

By the way, I'm not saying that Lynch won't be good at all. I have high hopes for him. IMO setting the bar at the highest level possible isn't wise. Many people last year here thought that Whitner would be the DROY and he didn't even come close.

IMO if Lynch gets 800 yards and 6 TDs platooning with Thomas early in the season behind our line I think he's doing about par. I would also suggest that if he isn't the full-time carrier by midseason then something's amiss. At 12th overall he needs to be that guy, especially with an extremely mediocre RB with absolutely no upside ahead of him on the depth chart.

I'll put $100 on that! Too bad we won't find uot until after July 30, 2007. I will see him (Jim Kelly) in a golf tournament in Albany, NY. I paid to get into a tourney where we get to tee off with him on a par three hole and get a group picture. I'd pay him then. I'll make a seperate contribution then along with the $100 if I lose.

Schefter has been more accurate as of lately. I hope he is right. I'm just in agreement with whoever that Lynch has as good a chance if not better than most others in the draft for OROY in 2007. Even Peterson.