PDA

View Full Version : Talent Gap

OpIv37
04-30-2007, 09:33 PM
The Sabres were able to get through the series with the Islanders because of the talent gap- while the Islanders played hard, the Sabres just had too much talent in the long run.

Now, the Sabres are also more talented than the Rangers, but the talent gap is significantly smaller than it was with the Islanders. They're not going to be able to beat the Rangers at 70 or 80%- they're going to have to hit at least 90%.

Beyond this round (if the Sabres make it out), the talent gap becomes MUCH smaller. All of the remaining teams are better than the Islanders or Rangers and match up better with the Sabres.

The Sabres better start firing on all cylinders pretty damn quick if they want to keep their Cup dreams alive.

chubluv
04-30-2007, 09:59 PM
Great post, & I couldnt agree more.

SabreEleven
04-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Someone needs to email the Sabres this post. Great Post...100 percent accurate.

mchurchfie
05-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Right now the Senators are a better team, especially defensively, than the Sabres. They need to get back to their roots of last year and start working more diligently for every game. The pressure of being the top team in the league is affecting them more than they realize.

SabreEleven
05-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Is it the pressure of being the top team or do they think just because they throw their jock straps on the ice that they'll win?

Cause I think if it was the pressure they would be out their busting their butts every night which we all know is far from happening.

JD
05-01-2007, 10:34 AM
To beat Rangers.. Punish D, expose Lund (GO HIGH, HE IS GREAT DOWN LOW!)

To beat Sens.. Fire everything at Emery, I think hes the worst goalie out of the remaining eight.

To beat Devils.. TAKE THE LEAD, obvious statement but we all know once they catch a lead they back down and play a strong BORING defense to preserve the lead.

To beat the Ducks.. I have no idea, I havnt watched them play much but I would assume we at least have the advantage with the netminders. It would be more of a run and gun game, and both teams would be playing with fire if thats what it came down to.

To beat the Canucks.. work them, probably the weakest team remaining.

To beat Detroit, pray?

To beat San Jose.. i have no idea, what do you's think?

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Great post OP, couldn't agree more.

SabreEleven
05-01-2007, 03:17 PM
to beat Detroit, I think we have to run them up and down the ice. They'll tire out.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2007, 03:29 PM
The need to play 60 minutes and no one will beat them. I am very dissapointed in their effort as of late. I expect more from them.