PDA

View Full Version : 1st two years at GM

ghz in pittsburgh
05-01-2007, 05:50 AM
In 2001, Donahoe signed Moulds to a big contract :dance: ; let go of Wiley:respect: ; drafted 4 starters (Clements, Henry, Schoebel, and Jennings):dance: . Those were A+ scores. But he did make a big mistake in hiring Williams as HC:crap: .

In 2006, Levy failed to sign Clements to a big contract :err: , which led to his departure in 2007. He used the money to sign 3 mid-level FAs for the Bills in DT, C, and TE; Let go a bunch of old guys (Adams, Lawyer, and eventually Vincent); drafted at this time 4 starters :dance: . But most importantly, he didn't seem to follow Donahoe's mistake because at this time, Jauron looks to be a very competent HC, unlike Williams who's questioned by everyone around this time.

In 2002, a year that I considered doommed Donahoe era, he traded away a future 1st round for a castoff Bledsoe, effectively set back the Bills QB position for 4 years :err: ; he wasted a prime draft pick in Mike Williams, setting back the O-line for 3 years :err: ; and came away from the draft with combined one eventual starter (between Reed and Denny) :crap: .

Now here in 2007, I think this is where it will break or make Levy's legacy as Bills GM. I don't expect Levy to follow his draft success in 2006, but between FA and the draft, if the Bills can prove that they get 4 new starters here, I have to say he has built a solid foundation for the Bills in year to come.

Imagine if Levy would've signed Clements last year ... I guess we have to allow rookie GMs to make some mistakes.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2007, 06:02 AM
[QUOTE=ghz in pittsburgh

Imagine if Levy would've signed Clements last year ... I guess we have to allow rookie GMs to make some mistakes.[/QUOTE]
Marv simply chose to rebuild the O line, the weakest area of our team, instead of resigning a good, but inconsistent player, to a far-too-expensive contract.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh, and he drafted Youboty last year, in anticipation of Clements' leaving.

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 06:39 AM
I think we should wait to see the results of any of his picks after the end of this season. It's not about who they hired/cut and who they drafted. It's about the wins.

Marv has had a better headstart because A) TD left him with a better cap B) Marv hired a HC with experience .

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 06:47 AM
I think we should wait to see the results of any of his picks after the end of this season. It's not about who they hired/cut and who they drafted. It's about the wins.

Marv has had a better headstart because A) TD left him with a better cap B) Marv hired a HC with experience .
Holy ****.. Even I had to give you a "thanks" because all the BS'ing aside, thats the BEST post i've ever seen from ya.. 100% on the money

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Holy ****.. Even I had to give you a "thanks" because all the BS'ing aside, thats the BEST post i've ever seen from ya.. 100% on the money
and I'm still waiting for you to have a decent opinion.

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 07:55 AM
I don't blame TD for everything. The Bledsoe move sold tickets and who knew that Mike Williams was going to be such a collosal bust.

Where he deserves to get destroyed is how he allowed his ego to make bad decisions. The McGahee draft is when I realized that this guy was working for himself and not the organization.

He had a chance for redemption when he fired Greg Williams, but instead he hires the biggest pussy in the history of this organization so he can maintain his choke hold on the organization.

don137
05-01-2007, 08:22 AM
TD had the chance to long term Clements at a much cheaper price a couple years ago...If he did that back then the Bills would be much better off defesively.

pintonick96
05-01-2007, 10:36 AM
Bledsoe might have just retired from here if he didn't blow that Pittsburgh game. That's the main reason he was let go.

SoCalBillsFan
05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
TD never went to the playoffs. Hopefully Marv gets us there.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2007, 10:54 AM

In 2002, a year that I considered doommed Donahoe era, he traded away a future 1st round for a castoff Bledsoe, effectively set back the Bills QB position for 4 years :err: ; he wasted a prime draft pick in Mike Williams, setting back the O-line for 3 years :err: ; and came away from the draft with combined one eventual starter (between Reed and Denny) :crap: .

Who was suppose to be the Bills QB in 2002? RJ? Van Pelt? or draft a QB in 2002? Ramsey? McCown, Garrard, Davey, Fasani, Kittner, Doman, Nall, O'Sullivan, Burford, or Jeff Kelly?

How about draft a QB in 2003? Dave Ragone, Chris Simms,Seneca Wallace, Brian St. Pierre, Drew Henson, Brooks Bollinger,Kliff Kingsbury, Gibran Hamdan, or Ken Dorsey?

Draft a QB in 2001? Quincy Carter, Marques Tuiasosopo, Chris Weinke, Sage Rosenfels, Jesse Palmer, Mike McMahon, A.J. Feeley, Josh Booty, or Josh Heupel?

Those are some Super Star QBs right there. Woohoo.

Drafting Mike WIlliams wasn't a waste. The Bills needed O-line at the time and many people considered Mike WIlliams to be the best one available. Now Williams falls in to the catergory of NFL draft day busts.

camelcowboy
05-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Marv put time and money into the trenches. Defensive line and offensive line. Thats the biggest difference i have seen so far. It will make this team better imo.