PDA

View Full Version : 7th Round

jdbillsfan
05-01-2007, 08:33 AM
My friend who is a big Sooners fan had a lot of good things to say about CJ Ah You. He said that he was really good last year and stood out on a talented Sooners Defense.

I also just read this from Dr. Z on CNNSI:

And here's the pick that really gets me excited. Seventh round -- TE Derek Schouman, whose workout numbers absolutely blew away the competition at the combine. I just have a feeling about this guy.

Does anyone have more info on these guys? Thoughts? Opinions?

I basically just thought these guys would be no bodys, but the way the bills drafted well in the later rounds last year and then hearing this, I feel better about the picks.

POZ
05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Another reason Marv is a BEAST!

madness
05-01-2007, 08:40 AM
Wasn't Dr. Z being sarcastic?

jdbillsfan
05-01-2007, 08:50 AM
Wasn't Dr. Z being sarcastic?

Probably... I thought there was a chance he wasn't.

mybills
05-01-2007, 09:12 AM
CJ Ah You.
That's how we say, "Are you?" in RI. I lmao when I saw the name!

Bert102176
05-01-2007, 09:18 AM
besides Lynch I hate our draft am really pissed we didn't draft Ben Patrick TE

TigerJ
05-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Schouman tested with fullbacks at the combine. He weighed in at 247 lbs which is above his playing weight at Boise State. His 40 time was ordinary. He had the best reps on the bench press, the best vertical (by a half inch) the best broad jump (by six inches), the best shuttle time by quite a bit and the best three cone drill by quite a bit. By all measures he's pretty athletic for a fullback.

The Spaz
05-01-2007, 09:29 AM
Schouman tested with fullbacks at the combine. He weighed in at 247 lbs which is above his playing weight at Boise State. His 40 time was ordinary. He had the best reps on the bench press, the best vertical (by a half inch) the best broad jump (by six inches), the best shuttle time by quite a bit and the best three cone drill by quite a bit. By all measures he's pretty athletic for a fullback.

Nice. Thanks!:)

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 09:35 AM
His answer when they guy hears his name is "yes I am, and you?"

Ickybaluky
05-01-2007, 09:39 AM
Ah You has good measurables and reportedly plays with good intensity. The reasons cited for his falling so low are injury concerns, his age (25 this summer), and character issues.

Ah You started his career at BYU (his father palyed there), but left school there after getting into a fight with a teammate and blowing out his knee. In 2001, as a freshman he blew out his knee after the third game and it kept him off the field until the 2003 season. He received a medical hardship in 2002. He played 2003 at BYU as a reserve when he returned.

At BYU's Pro Day in 2003, he sucker-punched a teammate (QB Bret Engemann) in a dispute over a girl and was kicked out of BYU because of the violation. He went to Snow College (JUCO) before joining Oklahoma in 2005. He started 20 games there the last 2 seasons.

Ah You is said to be a finesse player, and the player I've heard him most compared to is (ironically) Ryan Denney.

Ickybaluky
05-01-2007, 09:43 AM
Schouman is an interesting guy because he is a good athlete and can catch the ball. He is a move TE, likely to be used as a FB/H-Back. His versatility is his biggest plus, and it will be interesting to see how the Bills use him.

He fell in the draft a little because of injury flags. He had shoulder and hamstring issues early in his career, and had a knee injury last year.

OpIv37
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I don't understand this pick. Granted, it's a 7th rounder and at that point you're looking for reserves who may be a diamond in the rough. But this team spent the last two off-seasons throwing money at Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay only to pick ANOTHER DE.

madness
05-01-2007, 09:45 AM
Probably... I thought there was a chance he wasn't.

Wow. When you look at TigerJ's post, I guess he wasn't.

ShadowHawk7
05-01-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't understand this pick. Granted, it's a 7th rounder and at that point you're looking for reserves who may be a diamond in the rough. But this team spent the last two off-seasons throwing money at Ryan Denney and Chris Kelsay only to pick ANOTHER DE.
Indeed, how can he be expected to make the roster when we already have signed Kelsay and Hargrove this year, Denney the year before, and Schobel. Who in their right minds would dress 5 DEs in one game anyways?

The Answer
05-01-2007, 01:21 PM
My friend who is a big Sooners fan had a lot of good things to say about CJ Ah You. He said that he was really good last year and stood out on a talented Sooners Defense.

I also just read this from Dr. Z on CNNSI:

And here's the pick that really gets me excited. Seventh round -- TE Derek Schouman, whose workout numbers absolutely blew away the competition at the combine. I just have a feeling about this guy.

Does anyone have more info on these guys? Thoughts? Opinions?

I basically just thought these guys would be no bodys, but the way the bills drafted well in the later rounds last year and then hearing this, I feel better about the picks.

The Answer has scouted this Schouman kid and let me tell you - Boise State players can ball homey.

He definitely has a chance to be a Marques Colston type - and he is quite versatile as well. Only knock is blocking skills.

~The Answer

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 01:23 PM

Well? Ah You happy with the pick or not?

The last buffalo fan
05-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Well? Ah You happy with the pick or not?

"yes I am, and you?"

me 2!!! :bandwagon

John Doe
05-01-2007, 03:41 PM
Indeed, how can he be expected to make the roster when we already have signed Kelsay and Hargrove this year, Denney the year before, and Schobel. Who in their right minds would dress 5 DEs in one game anyways?

The practice squad may be the ideal place for a guy like this. He can give a good "look" as an opposing pass rusher while refining his own game.

Isn't Denny a free agent after next season? If so, this might save us a draft pick next year.

OpIv37
05-01-2007, 03:54 PM
The practice squad may be the ideal place for a guy like this. He can give a good "look" as an opposing pass rusher while refining his own game.

Isn't Denny a free agent after next season? If so, this might save us a draft pick next year.

Denney signed before last season- I doubt it was just a two year deal but I don't know for sure.

If this guy can step it up on the PS and/or NFLE and allow us to cut Denney and/or Kelsay in the near future, fine (they're both overpaid for their production).

But at the moment, DE is one of the few places where we have a little depth so I don't totally understand this move.

John Doe
05-01-2007, 03:58 PM
DE is one of the few places where we have a little depth so I don't totally understand this move.

Look at it this way: They probably thought that he was the best player available.

Its the 7th round, and after that there are plenty of free agents to go after. If they percieve the Bills as being weak at their respective position, then they would naturally want to sign with the Bills as it gives them the best opportunity to make a team.