PDA

View Full Version : Prisco doesn't love the Bills draft.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Buffalo Bills

Best pick: Taking Marshawn Lynch with their first pick will prove to be a great move. He will be their franchise back for a long time.

Questionable move: I know a lot of people like Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny, but I think he's a little stiff. Using a high second-round pick could backfire.

Second-day gem: Running back Dwayne Wright will be the perfect backup to Lynch. He's a real tough inside runner.

Overall grade: C. Lynch makes the grade decent, but the rest of the draft doesn't do a lot for me.

gr8slayer
05-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Marshawn Faulk will make us quickly forget about any running back we've ever had.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2007, 09:56 AM
Gosh, what great, indepth analysis. Doesn't "do it for him?" Man, I'm worried now after carefully studying the facts that he presented.

The Spaz
05-01-2007, 10:00 AM
Gosh, what great, indepth analysis. Doesn't "do it for him?" Man, I'm worried now after carefully studying the facts that he presented.

So true.:rofl:

Bert102176
Pos is garbage and we waisted a pick we waisted alot of picks in this draft

don137
The day I worry about what Prisco says is the day I stop watching football...He has a right to his opinion but I trust Marv and company a lot more than a journalist with no inside knowledge of the game...

gr8slayer
05-01-2007, 10:01 AM
"Waisted" huh?

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 10:31 AM
"Waisted" huh?
Burt is entitaled to his oun opinian. Leeve him alon.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 10:43 AM
The day I worry about what Prisco says is the day I stop watching football...He has a right to his opinion but I trust Marv and company a lot more than a journalist with no inside knowledge of the game...
I agree that ANY GM or paid football executive knows more than a bigtime or minor league journalist..
But as far as trust, its a WIN or LOSE league. and when your team is on the LOSING END for nearly a decade running, it may be time to stop trusting so much just because they know more than you or me.

Too many compare a NFL gm to a writer or a fan. I base my comparision against the OTHER 31 gms in the NFL.

madness
05-01-2007, 10:52 AM
but I think he's a little stiff

:rofl: Nice analysis there, Prisco.

JJamezz
05-01-2007, 10:54 AM
"Waisted" huh?

:rofl:

That's almost as good as 'genious'.. (thats my personal favorite btw)

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 11:00 AM
Last years draft overall was much stronger.

I actually think we deserve a C. We didn't need a GM to figure out that Lynch was the logical choice at #12. Poz, would have been a great pickup in the second had we not given away a very valuable 3rd. This was a case of the organization being so in love with him that they couldn't risk it.

I think we got 3 solid players in Lynch, Poz and Wright. Everyone else is a crap shoot.

POZ
05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
how could taking the 2nd best linebacker in the 2nd round backfire?

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Buffalo Bills

Best pick: Taking Marshawn Lynch with their first pick will prove to be a great move. He will be their franchise back for a long time.

Questionable move: I know a lot of people like Penn State linebacker Paul Posluszny, but I think he's a little stiff. Using a high second-round pick could backfire.

Second-day gem: Running back Dwayne Wright will be the perfect backup to Lynch. He's a real tough inside runner.

Overall grade: C. Lynch makes the grade decent, but the rest of the draft doesn't do a lot for me.

The Answer couldn't have said it any better than Mr. Prisco - Poz is a 3rd round LB and best and has been tumbling down draft boards for weeks. The Answer doubts he would have fell as far as Siler - but he should not have been drafted in the early 2nd, realistically we could have had him with our 2nd 3rd round pick, maybe even in the 4th.

Bottom line the Reach was in full effect for the 2nd year in a row.

~The Answer

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:24 AM

The Answer agrees for the most part - We were in no position to give away a valuable 3rd round pick - an early 3rd rounder at that - for a guy who would have been available later on anyway.

We basically gave away McGahee for nothing.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 11:29 AM
The Answer couldn't have said it any better than Mr. Prisco - Poz is a 3rd round LB and best and has been tumbling down draft boards for weeks. The Answer doubts he would have fell as far as Siler - but he should not have been drafted in the early 2nd, realistically we could have had him with our 2nd 3rd round pick, maybe even in the 4th.

Bottom line the Reach was in full effect for the 2nd year in a row.

~The Answer
I firmly believe if you mother had won the lottery you would've called her a dumb ***** for screwing it all up by buying the ticket too late because she missed out on the $300 million jackpot a week ago.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:31 AM
I firmly believe if you mother had won the lottery you would've called her a dumb ***** for screwing it all up by buying the ticket too late because she missed out on the $300 million jackpot a week ago.

Miyagi san - leave The Answer's mother out of this!

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Miyagi san - leave The Answer's mother out of this!

~The Answer
Just a hypothetical scenerio, not defaming your mother.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 11:39 AM
how could taking the 2nd best linebacker in the 2nd round backfire? So the teams that took Timmons and Beason made huge mistakes by passing up POS too then, right?

I mean, since he is the second best LB in the draft and all.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
So the teams that took Timmons and Beason made huge mistakes by passing up POS too then, right?

Timmons over Poz, yes that's a mistake.

Beason and Poz are very close.

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:42 AM
:rofl:

That's almost as good as 'genious'.. (thats my personal favorite btw)

Deffenly.

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 11:44 AM
So the teams that took Timmons and Beason made huge mistakes by passing up POS too then, right?

Lord knows how it will turn out.

don137
05-01-2007, 11:46 AM
I agree that ANY GM or paid football executive knows more than a bigtime or minor league journalist..
But as far as trust, its a WIN or LOSE league. and when your team is on the LOSING END for nearly a decade running, it may be time to stop trusting so much just because they know more than you or me.

Too many compare a NFL gm to a writer or a fan. I base my comparision against the OTHER 31 gms in the NFL.

Yes, but you can't blame Marv on the previous regime's failures. For the limitations as far as what they can do financially, from what we have seen out of last year's draft and the ability to get two great players to address their two biggest weaknesses in the draft I think Marv has done a great job. If he had the financial resources the Redskins have I bet he could make them a contender real quickly.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 11:48 AM
Yes, but you can't blame Marv on the previous regime's failures. For the limitations as far as what they can do financially, from what we have seen out of last year's draft and the ability to get two great players to address their two biggest weaknesses in the draft I think Marv has done a great job. If he had the financial resources the Redskins have I bet he could make them a contender real quickly.

I agree.. Not even Snyder's resource.. Half the team's in the NFL, their resources.

That's why Ralph Wilson blows as far as Im concerned.. Levy would be a winner, if we had an owner committed to it.

Saratoga Slim
05-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Timmons over Poz, yes that's a mistake.

Beason and Poz are very close.

I think it depends a lot on the system the team is running. If I'm NE, I take Poz over either Beason or Timmons if I'm looking for an inside LB.

If I'm Buffalo, I take Beason over Poz, but Poz over Timmons.

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Deffenly.

Deffenlly.

Some people just can't spel...

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 01:40 PM

ya hes garbage and has never seen the field...think he was good prospect not worth the 12 but ill take him in 2nd

raphael120
05-01-2007, 01:41 PM

Well the steelers play a 3-4, and beason is a bigger slower LB, I think it's all relative to the system