PDA

View Full Version : WTF?

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:08 AM
So let me get this right.

We get the multi-purpose starting RB we need, not only that but basically we rebuild our backfield entirley. We get much needed LB help, we get solid depth in the secondary and a H-back with nothing but potential. We also manage to swing the 3rd or 4th best QB prospect in the draft.

We put all this behind a rebuilt OL.

And you still ***** and complain? You have PMS *****ing about the friggin point differential for Poz......give me a break. Who honestly cares? I dont believe he falls to us anyway so why not? If we wait and hes taken youd ***** even more.

News flash brain surgeons......Edwards isnt gonna take Losmans job. Im not sure how aware you are of the NFL today but having quality QB's......last I heard.....was never a bad thing.

We get Poz and you ***** we dont get MORE lb's......ughh sometimes being a Bills fan is embarassing. And not because of the team.

camelcowboy
05-01-2007, 11:13 AM
http://www.omgpwned.net/media/owned/scared_baby.png

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Agree with most.

But we blew the third round. I refuse to believe Pick 34 couldnt be had for 92 instead of 74, and even If I'm wrong if we LOST a quality pick to get a guy we wanted in round two, then why lose ANOTHER pick by taking a QB who is 2 years away at the minimum.

is this the white towel for 2007 being throwin in by our FO, in f'n APRIL?

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
I am not sure yet what cracks me up more, people who complain about everything the team does or people who complain about the complaining.

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2007, 11:15 AM
Because most 3rd round picks are not ready right away?

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
I am not sure yet what cracks me up more, people who complain about everything the team does or people who complain about the complaining.

I hate people who complain about the people complaining about the complaining.

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:16 AM
Agree with most.

But we blew the third round. I refuse to believe Pick 34 couldnt be had for 92 instead of 74, and even If I'm wrong if we LOST a quality pick to get a guy we wanted in round two, then why lose ANOTHER pick by taking a QB who is 2 years away at the minimum.

is this the white towel for 2007 being throwin in by our FO, in f'n APRIL?

Which would be why you are relegated to posting blogs on the world wide inter-web.

And no it isnt.

Gunzlingr
05-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Did your rich friend or was it your aunt that told you all the inside information about what went on in our warroom during the draft, Pat? My sources say you post is a ******.

camelcowboy
05-01-2007, 11:17 AM
Because most 3rd round picks are no ready right away? Tim Anderson :idunno:

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:19 AM

We get the multi-purpose starting RB we need, not only that but basically we rebuild our backfield entirley. We get much needed LB help, we get solid depth in the secondary and a H-back with nothing but potential. We also manage to swing the 3rd or 4th best QB prospect in the draft.

And you still ***** and complain? You have PMS *****ing about the friggin point differential for Poz......give me a break. Who honestly cares? I dont believe he falls to us anyway so why not? If we wait and hes taken youd ***** even more.

News flash brain surgeons......Edwards isnt gonna take Losmans job. Im not sure how aware you are of the NFL today but having quality QB's......last I heard.....was never a bad thing.

We get Poz and you ***** we dont get MORE lb's......ughh sometimes being a Bills fan is embarassing. And not because of the team.

This team is going to surprise a lot of people - especially if Poz can overachieve and avoid being a bust.

~The Answer

The Spaz
05-01-2007, 11:21 AM
This team is going to surprise a lot of people - especially if Poz can overachieve and avoid being a bust.

~The Answer

Poz overachieve?! Poz has done nothing but achieve at being a captain at Penn State and becoming the all time leading tackler for them as well.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2007, 11:25 AM
Its just the Douchers being haters again Dev. Don't worry about it.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Poz overachieve?! Poz has done nothing but achieve at being a captain at Penn State and becoming the all time leading tackler for them as well.

He's not the prototypical NFL linebacker and his glaring flaws will likely be exposed at the pro level.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Which would be why you are relegated to posting blogs on the world wide inter-web.

And no it isnt.
im not "relegated" to anything.. i blog on the "world wide inter-web" because my like for talking sports spreads beyond ONLY the buffalo bills.

and bloggin on the internet. thats WORSE than posting endlessly on a team message board?

What's the difference? its the same thing. Its writing down your opinions about a subject you want to discuss..

whatever

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:28 AM
He's not the prototypical NFL linebacker and his glaring flaws will likely be exposed at the pro level.

~The Answer

:rofl:

mchurchfie
05-01-2007, 11:28 AM

~The Answer
No we won't, we don't have Kelly Holcomb anymore.:rolleyes: Hate to say it but the Patsies are going to have their way with the whole NFL this year. Every year these SOBs come out smelling like roses.:hang:

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:33 AM
No we won't, we don't have Kelly Holcomb anymore.:rolleyes: Hate to say it but the Patsies are going to have their way with the whole NFL this year. Every year these SOBs come out smelling like roses.:hang:

Losing The Holcomb was certainly a knockout blow as he was one our veteran leaders - but The Answer still feels we will be competitive even if we only win 4 or 5 games.

~The Answer

BAM
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM
What you think is all that matters!

Personally, I thought we had a good draft. The top two picks were enough for me. I'm also happy to see all the undrafted FA's they signed. A couple of them look like they could be OK. Sometimes there's one or two guys out of that group that make the squad.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 11:34 AM

:bf1:

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Well it could be worse look at what the chargers gave up for Weddle I believe it was.

But then again what do they know about winning.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Well it could be worse look at what the chargers gave up for Weddle I believe it was.

But then again what do they know about winning.
And the Patriots gave up a much needed 4th rounder for a washed-up has-been receiver! What a dumb move!

If they wanted a receiver, they could've had, uh, Ryne Robinson from Miami of Ohio in the fourth!

camelcowboy
05-01-2007, 11:40 AM

But then again what do they know about winning. They know about winning in the regular season. Amneshia strikes in the playoffs.

Jan Reimers
05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
And the Patriots gave up a much needed 4th rounder for a washed-up has-been receiver!
And all those super-valuable Draft Value Points!

Does anyone know what the GM who saves the most Draft Value Points gets?

Fired.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Its a competition..

Marv's saving draft points vs Wilson's saving MONEY.

Marv's losing big time.

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:52 AM
Youre right wilson did only drop 100 mil in FA, not to mention what he will spend on rookies/losman/evans....etc.

Cheap bastard.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Youre right wilson did only drop 100 mil in FA, not to mention what he will spend on rookies/losman/evans....etc.

Cheap bastard.
Ya..
and now SUBTRACT the money he SAVED by not resigning Nate Clements and London Fletcher.. and subtract the money SAVED by dumping Spikes, McGahee, and Holcomb.

I didnt ask you if they were good football moves or not.. I asked if you to figure out how much money he SAVED by getting rid of all those guys.

Ickybaluky
05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
Is this the correct forum?

Pretty soon you are going to require a separate forum just for Pat.

Devin
05-01-2007, 12:01 PM
Ya..
and now SUBTRACT the money he SAVED by not resigning Nate Clements and London Fletcher.. and subtract the money SAVED by dumping Spikes, McGahee, and Holcomb.

I didnt ask you if they were good football moves or not.. I asked if you to figure out how much money he SAVED by getting rid of all those guys.

Spikes and McGahee didnt want to be here

Holcomb blows ass

And Clements cost 80 friggin mil. 31 other teams didnt pay him that either.

Fletcher is great if you need a MLB who can tackle after teams get a 1st down.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Cheap bastard.

Where's the money going to come from?

Evans is going to cost a fortune, probably get one of the biggest deals for a WR in NFL history when it's all said and done.

If Losman continues to progress and entreches himself as a top NFL starter he'll be getting a monster pay day as well.

Also what about Crowell? Won't he be a FA soon as well?

~The Answer

Devin
05-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Where's the money going to come from?

Evans is going to cost a fortune, probably get one of the biggest deals for a WR in NFL history when it's all said and done.

If Losman continues to progress and entreches himself as a top NFL starter he'll be getting a monster pay day as well.

Also what about Crowell? Won't he be a FA soon as well?

~The Answer

If its down to evans or Losman, Losman will stay (assuming he keeps improving).

No.

Philagape
05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Spikes and McGahee didnt want to be here

This may be a separate issue, but this is often brought up as justification for releasing players or not signing/trading for others. If so, is that not a problem in itself?

Devin
05-01-2007, 12:06 PM
This may be a separate issue, but this is often brought up as justification for releasing players or not signing/trading for others. If so, is that not a problem in itself?

True enough.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Is this the correct forum?

Pretty soon you are going to require a separate forum just for Pat.
We already have a Spam Zone.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 12:09 PM
If its down to evans or Losman, Losman will stay (assuming he keeps improving).

No.

Wrong yet again - It will be Evans staying, that's why we drafted The young gunslinger out of Stanford.

Edwards was rated as the 3rd best QB in the draft (similar to Losman 3 years ago behind Big Ben and Eli Manning) and The Answer had him initially graded as a mid 2nd round pick but his stock had skyrocketed in recent weeks and he moved up my draft board big time.

~The Answer

Devin
05-01-2007, 12:12 PM
Wrong yet again - It will be Evans staying, that's why we drafted The young gunslinger out of Stanford.

Edwards was rated as the 3rd best QB in the draft (similar to Losman 3 years ago behind Big Ben and Eli Manning) and The Answer had him initially graded as a mid 2nd round pick but his stock had skyrocketed in recent weeks and he moved up my draft board big time.

~The Answer

Edwards has been rated everywhere from 4-7.

"The young Gunslinger" with a weak arm wont be ready to start anywhere for 2-3 years.

Since the answers posts about his draft board, "hours of film study", opinion on rookie grades, and TP are all the same thing ill take it for what its worth.

GarnOFreak
05-01-2007, 12:14 PM
They know about winning in the regular season. Amneshia strikes in the playoffs.

who is Amneshia? Some kind of female wrestler from WWF?

"Off the top rope Amneshia with a flying kick strikes him in the playoffs...ouch!"

:sumo:

feelthepain
05-01-2007, 12:16 PM

Well to be fair, you just have to wait and see. Just because you're Bill fans doesn't mean you all have to agree or view things the same way. Everyone has a right to their opinion and everyone sees thing a little differently then someone else. Peple with a positive attitude will look at things with a positive spin and those with a negative outlook will look at things with a neagtive spin. Neither side is right or wrong till the players play the game and give you something to argue about. Besides this is a forum where people are allowed to voice an opinion and at this point all you have is an opinion....from everyone. Don't get upset, just have a good memory!

GarnOFreak
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Ya..

Clements and Fletcher's new contracts are a completely seperate entity. We weren't slated to be paying them anything this year. So by not signing them we didn't save one penny.

Spikes(4.5mil), McGahee(731,750) and Holcomb(1.125mil) saved us those amounts as base salaries. Their SBs still have to be paid this year.(dead cap)

so to answer your question, by releasing/trading/not-signing all these players we(the Bills) saved a total of $6,356,750.

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 12:28 PM

F them all Devin! Let them have opinions and sound like a holes! We'll see who's laughin in the end.

Go Bills!

jmb1099
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM
This is getting silly at this point.
I have a family member who isn't happy unless he causes a commotion. He seriously cannot function unless he is in some kind of crisis and drags everyone else into it. There are many things in my life I thought I'd never hear myself say (renouncing my faith etc) but I am now forced to say that for once I agree, at least in part, with FTP.

That being said there are some here that will never be happy. We could win a SB and I can think of a handful of names that would find fault with even that. For those people the passion is not about football, its about fighting and creating an atmosphere that encourages it. Its the only way they can be happy.

GarnOFreak
05-01-2007, 12:36 PM

~The Answer

If you're talking about the ratings at the end of the college season, then yes.
If you're talking about the ratings from about March on...then you're completely wrong in that sentence. You forgot about Phillip Rivers. Rivers was originally seen as a early 3rd/late 2nd pick and after lots of talk about his release and a good combine and workouts and interviews ended up jumping from QB4 in the ranking to QB2 and neck-and-neck with Eli Manning at the time of the draft. JP was the 4th QB taken, but was always seen as a mid 1st to early 2nd as a pick. Edwards was rated anywhere from mid 2nd round on down(prolly due to inury concerns mostly).