PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards = Kelly Holcomb + Doug Flutie

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:50 AM
The Answer may be able to live with the loss of The Holcomb after all. The Answer had a chance to scout this kid Edwards and he is THE REAL DEAL. And after studying hours of game film The Answer has found many similarities in Edwards game that rival The Flutie and The Holcombator - both former Bills QB's and fan favorites.

Here are some of the similarities The Answer has observed:

- Adequate, yet not spectacular arm strength but can make all the throws necessary at the pro level
- Accurate passer with good touch and timing
- Very smart football player and hard worker on the field
- Knows how to read a defense and find 2nd and 3rd options down the field
- Dangerous on the run and can break containment
- Solid mechanics and footwork with a lighting quick release

The big thing that has The Answer sold on Edwards is that he played on some horrible teams with hideous offensive lines dating back to high school similar to Jay Cutler at Vanderbilt. The only major concerns is injury issues - but make no mistake about it this kid has tremendous upside.

~The Answer

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
The Answer may be able to live with the loss of The Holcomb after all. The Answer had a chance to scout this kid Edwards and he is THE REAL DEAL. And after studying hours of game film The Answer has found many similarities in Edwards game that rival The Flutie and The Holcombator - both former Bills QB's and fan favorites.

:rofl: this kills me every time.

From all the Stanford tapes youve been stockpiling huh.

:rolleyes:

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:54 AM
scouting = www.google.com

The Answer
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
:rofl: this kills me every time.

From all the Stanford tapes youve been stockpiling huh.

:rolleyes:

Living out here on the west coast has given The Answer the opportunity to attend a lot of games live.

The Answer thought he already told you that he scouted for the Pac 10 pro bono for one of my associates scouting websites? The Answer also gets a lot insider informatinon as a result of this.

~The Answer

Devin
05-01-2007, 11:59 AM
:yawn:

I bet you talk in 3rd person in real life.

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 12:00 PM
And after studying hours of game film
:rofl: that's the 3 minute clip on Yahoo.

TacklingDummy
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
- Adequate, yet not spectacular arm strength but can make all the throws necessary at the pro level

20 yard Hail Marys.

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
Haha! I'm starting to like the Answer. He's funny.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 12:06 PM
What is with you mods consistently hijacking The Answer's threads?

Can we please have a serious football discussion here - getting back on topic what is your feelings about Trent 'The Young Gunglinger' Edwards?

The Answer sees him having little trouble beating out Nall Ball for the #2 QB job.

~The Answer

Devin
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
your feelings about Trent 'The Young Gunglinger' Edwards?

Gunglinger huh

L.A. Playa
05-01-2007, 12:08 PM
this is hilarious thanks for teh laugh

The Answer
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
Gunglinger huh

Typo - The Young Gun is definitely a baller, in fact he moved up to the late 1st round on The Answer's draft board leading up to the draft.

Marv definitely made a bold move here - but once again we will have a QB controversy when Edwards lights it up in training camp. And there will likely be more internal strife that further divides the Bills fan base.

Stay tuned - it's going to be a wild ride brotha.

~The Answer

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 12:11 PM
The Answer sees him having little trouble beating out Nall Ball for the #2 QB job.
Fair enough. I hope he does. If Edwards becomes a decent insurance QB for us I'd be that much merrier.

To answer your question, others don't take you seriously because of your constant outrageous claims and ridiculous views regarding Bills football. Not to mention your third person self-reference. That's really dumb.

L.A. Playa
05-01-2007, 12:13 PM
:rofl:

Devin
05-01-2007, 12:13 PM
Typo - The Young Gun is definitely a baller, in fact he moved up to the late 1st round on The Answer's draft board leading up to the draft.

Shows how accurate your draft board is.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-01-2007, 12:16 PM
I like Edwards too actually. Like Holcomb he provides depth and will have a chance to learn the game over the next few years and then we can trade him for a higher draft pick and get some help with future considerations.

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2007, 12:22 PM
So he is an average NFL quarterback, destined to be a career back-up as well as an arrogant, me-first over-rated, back stabbing midget?

The Answer
05-01-2007, 12:43 PM
So he is an average NFL quarterback, destined to be a career back-up as well as an arrogant, me-first over-rated, back stabbing midget?

Doug Flutie saved this franchise back in the late 90's and became a mythical figure in Buffalo - he's still a legend in certain circles today, and had we had better coaching and a better oline we would have won a superbowl with him.

The Holcomb didn't have as great an impact - but regardless he was critical in helping JP develop.

~The Answer

RedEyE
05-01-2007, 03:00 PM
This kid has limited mobility and his footwork is a work in progress. AKA: Journeyman.

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Can we please have a serious football discussion here - ~The Answer

When you stop talking in the third person.

~Hurricane

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 03:04 PM
mythical? like a unicorn?

Like a guy that at 5' 9" could play in the NFL.

Philagape
05-01-2007, 03:04 PM
Maybe instead of us getting great value at 92, we got an overrated project who rightly dropped.

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 03:08 PM
Trent Edwards = Wasted 3rd round pick - starting WR

The Answer
05-01-2007, 04:03 PM
This kid has limited mobility and his footwork is a work in progress. AKA: Journeyman.

Wrong - The Answer saw many Pac 10 games up close and personal over the last few years - This kid is a GAMER - and has enough mobility to be dangerous, can even sling it on the run if need be.

~The Answer

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 04:05 PM
IF it wasnt for Doug Flutie, you'd be watching Los Angeles/Toronto Bills football right now. and thats the way it is.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 04:06 PM
IF it wasnt for Doug Flutie, you'd be watching Los Angeles/Toronto Bills football right now. and thats the way it is.

That is a true statement Neggie - so sad how people forget about The Flutie and what he did for this franchise at a crucial time in the late 90's.

~The Answer

SABURZFAN
05-01-2007, 04:48 PM

it gives them a power that they'll never experience in real life.

Dr. Lecter
05-01-2007, 05:26 PM
Trent Edwards = Wasted 3rd round pick - starting WR

Name the WR still on the board at the time that would be an instant starter adn why he could beat out Price, Reed and Parrish (as well as Wilson!)

TigerJ
05-01-2007, 06:19 PM
While I find The Answer's third person style and "I'm smarter than you" persona to be irritating, I can accept that he may indeed have done some actual scouting. I on the other hand have not. I've never seen Trent Edwards play, but The Answer's opinion on Edwards does by and large agree with some other opinions I have read. Edwards is smart, has a better than average arm, is accurate, and actually pretty durable considering the amount of violence he's endured due to the lack of a competent offensive line. Moreover, he's a team guy, refusing to point the finger at others when their failure resulted in him getting killed. Even Edwards' interception numbers are badly skewed by receivers who couldn't catch balls that were thrown accurately. Twenty of thirty three college interceptions were the result of balls bouncing off receivers.

Where I have a bit of a problem with the Trent Edwards selection is that the team has to experience a true disaster for Trent Edwards to even see the field for at least two years. I would have hoped that with a third round pi8ck the Bills might have gotten a player who could contribute this year given that they were so thin in a couple areas going into the draft.