PDA

View Full Version : Espn Consensus NFL Draft Grades

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 01:56 PM
Dont know if this was posted but kinda cool graph showing diff draft grades averaged out....Was interesting but dont really buy into it

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2854030

The Spaz
05-01-2007, 02:00 PM
Miami 1.9!:lol::rofl:

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I posted it yesterday

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126163

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 02:04 PM
I posted it yesterday

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126163

figured someone did just couldnt find it

Gunzlingr
05-01-2007, 02:05 PM
thanks.

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 02:47 PM
Mel Kiper only gave Bs and Cs. Way to stick your neck out there Mel!

Night Train
05-01-2007, 02:54 PM
In all fairness to Kiper, he did like all our picks as they were being made. I was switching back and forth from the NFL Network.

It was Mort being a jerk about the Bills trading away " great players " like Fletcher,Spikes Clements and McGahee. Kept repeating it over and over. Jaworski tried to debate him that the moves were correct for various reasons but Mort just dug in. I could see Jaworski wasn't happy with Mort at all.

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 03:07 PM
In all fairness to Kiper, he did like all our picks as they were being made. I was switching back and forth from the NFL Network.

It was Mort being a jerk about the Bills trading away " great players " like Fletcher,Spikes Clements and McGahee. Kept repeating it over and over. Jaworski tried to debate him that the moves were correct for various reasons but Mort just dug in. I could see Jaworski wasn't happy with Mort at all.

Jaworski is cool he does like JP so might side with bills a little more bc of that but im starting dislike mort alot more, its like there were reasons for the moves maybe the team had a little downgrade but they did it for a reason. he acts like we are just dumb and thought the players sucked

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
As we found out last year these grades mean crap.

The only thing I will say is that the Jets and Patriots have done alot to make their teams better while Miami must have gotten into Ricky's stash!!

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 03:12 PM

I was ready to kill Mortensen on Saturday. He was being a real dick the way he attacked each and every Bills pick. Chris Berman pointed out to him that the "Bills are circling one wagon at a time".

John Doe
05-01-2007, 03:36 PM
Jaworski is cool he does like JP so might side with bills a little more bc of that

He also grew up in the Buffalo area (Lakawanna).

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 04:40 PM
He also grew up in the Buffalo area (Lakawanna).

Didnt know that thanks :hump:

YardRat
05-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Mort's a dick.

Night Train
05-02-2007, 02:38 AM
I was ready to kill Mortensen on Saturday. He was being a real dick the way he attacked each and every Bills pick. Chris Berman pointed out to him that the "Bills are circling one wagon at a time".

Mort was trying to say all the Vets we moved were in their prime, playing great football. We didn't need to make any of these moves ???

Jaworski stated we couldn't afford Clements but the other moves were players NOT playing well and the Bills wanting more from those positions. Mort then dug in, saying Marv didn't need to make these moves.

A clear case of a reporter not knowing our team or having a pre-planned agenda of defending TD's "guys". He wouldn't answer Jaworski's questions.

The guy has zero credibility when talking about the Bills. He lost his inside guy and friend (TD) and is still defending him indirectly.

Mad Bomber
05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Mort was trying to say all the Vets we moved were in their prime, playing great football. We didn't need to make any of these moves ???

Jaworski stated we couldn't afford Clements but the other moves were players NOT playing well and the Bills wanting more from those positions. Mort then dug in, saying Marv didn't need to make these moves.

A clear case of a reporter not knowing our team or having a pre-planned agenda of defending TD's "guys". He wouldn't answer Jaworski's questions.

The guy has zero credibility when talking about the Bills. He lost his inside guy and friend (TD) and is still defending him indirectly.
I guess that would expain his hostility.

feelthepain
05-02-2007, 07:19 AM
As we found out last year these grades mean crap.

The only thing I will say is that the Jets and Patriots have done alot to make their teams better while Miami must have gotten into Ricky's stash!!

This is a post I'll remember.

MarvLevy
05-02-2007, 08:22 AM
how does MIAMI get an A+ in one tho??????????

ublinkwescore
05-02-2007, 08:27 AM
how does MIAMI get an A+ in one tho??????????

for sharing Ricky's stash with whoever gave that grade?

HHURRICANE
05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
This is a post I'll remember.

Dude, your dillusional if you think Miami has gotten better. Seriously.

Statman
05-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Dont know if this was posted but kinda cool graph showing diff draft grades averaged out....Was interesting but dont really buy into it

http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?id=2854030
I think a lot of times, or most of the time perhaps even, these guys rank the draft from a neutral standpoint. It may have been a good draft for a decent team and one actively looking for a QB, but for the most important needs, it can definitely be called into question.

Because when you have so many spots that desperately need starting players and you continue to tinker with selecting more backups for spots already filled for one reason or another, well, then it isn't beyond criticism to say the least.

In other words, if we were still struggling through our QB issues to a great extent, and we had solid lines, a full boat of LBs, and at least one cover CB worth a crap, then this would have been a great draft. But we dont' have those things.

Statman
05-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Dude, your dillusional if you think Miami has gotten better. Seriously.
They had a decent draft for starters, but more importantly, how could they have possibly gotten much worse?

Much like us, there's only one direction to go pretty much.