PDA

View Full Version : hahah MESHAWN cut.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
LMAO..

Two days after talking ALL Kinds of **** on ESPN's draft coverage, especially about Jarrett.

MeShawn Johnson has been cut.

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Is he any good?? He was good on the field at one point.

Mudflap1
05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
We could do worse... that being said, there's no chance, and probably rightfully so.

Jon

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 02:15 PM
NO chance in Hell..

Gunzlingr
05-01-2007, 02:16 PM
I really don't mind him. I enjoyed listening to his radio show on Sirius during the season, and think he is better informed than most athletes when it comes to the game.

T-Long
05-01-2007, 02:17 PM
thoughts?

Gunzlingr
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
NO chance in Hell..

I dont want him anyway.. CANCER

I don't recall him being a problem in Dallas or Carolina. Not that I want him here by any means, but he does play hard and will go over the middle unlike Moss.

don137
05-01-2007, 02:18 PM
I think his cancer days are over. He actually was a model citizen for Carolina and accepted his role as the #2 guy. This does surprise me since they needed depth at WR.
I think he will retire. He talked about retiring when the Panthers fired Henning because he did not want to learn another offensive system but then he had a change of heart.

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Id take him, hes grown up since He was drafted and i fell he would add some redzone threat ...(also good in madden he was a beast for me last year)

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 02:20 PM
but then he had a change of heart.

Ironically so did the panthers

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 02:21 PM
LMAO..

Two days after talking ALL Kinds of **** on ESPN's draft coverage, especially about Jarrett.

MeShawn Johnson has been cut.
what did he say about Jarrett?

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 02:25 PM
id take jarrett on this team but i dont like his interviews he was saying he was the best and all he ever said was look at his work ethic and film...well dwayne u did play for one of the best teams in country...idk all his interviews just annoyed me alot

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 02:31 PM
I refuse to even think of MEShawn, because the BIlls wont sign him.

BTW, MOulds is in no better shape.

FlyingDutchman
05-01-2007, 02:32 PM
Id take him, hes grown up since He was drafted and i fell he would add some redzone threat ...(also good in madden he was a beast for me last year)

I agree with that. During the weekend they showed a clip of him throwing off his helmet and acting like an a$$ after he scored his first touchdown rookie year, when they came back to a live shot of Keyshawn he looked kinda disgusted.

Night Train
05-01-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't recall him being a problem in Dallas or Carolina. Not that I want him here by any means, but he does play hard and will go over the middle unlike Moss.

and unlike Peerless

RockStar36
05-01-2007, 02:44 PM
I remember seeing that Carolina took Jarrett and wishing that I saw the pick live to see Keyshawn's reaction.

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 02:45 PM
Unless he can play linebacker no reason to sign him. We just got rid of a slow,older guy, last year.

He should stick to commentating. I think he is very good. Not having to listen to Michael Irvin or Deion is a gift from god!!

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat. The guy has really grown up in the past couple years. He would be the perfect compliment to Evans for a year or so!

Gunzlingr
05-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I would take him in a heartbeat. The guy has really grown up in the past couple years. He would be the perfect compliment to Evans for a year or so!

I could live with that.

don137
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I take it back. I guess he was not a model citizen.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Some very important people in the organization weren't happy when Johnson failed to stand up and take blame away from quarterback Jake Delhomme after some critical passes intended for Johnson were intercepted. At least one very important person in the organization urged Johnson to do that and he didn't.

Ickybaluky
05-01-2007, 03:09 PM
I would think you would consider him.

He caught 70 passes for 815 yards and 4 TDs last year.

To put that in perspective, Josh Reed and Peerless Price caught 83 passes for 812 yards and 5 Tds. That means he just about equalled the production of both of them.

It is hard to feel bad for him, since they paid him a $3M roster bonus a month ago and now he gets to go out and get a new contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in Dallas.

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
He is exactly what we need. In all honesty where did Moulds go? I would take him back over what we have. I am sure JP and he could work things out.

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I would think you would consider him.

He caught 70 passes for 815 yards and 4 TDs last year.

To put that in perspective, Josh Reed and Peerless Price caught 83 passes for 812 yards and 5 Tds. That means he just about equalled the production of both of them.

It is hard to feel bad for him, since they paid him a $3M roster bonus a month ago and now he gets to go out and get a new contract.

I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up back in Dallas.

Good post but i dont see him in dallas to many wr's there and i dont see him taking a 4th wr roster spot (he might get 3rd but doubt it)

See him joining like Philly to try and get one more chance at SB or maybe even chargers but they have alot of slow tall wr's

muestafa1
05-01-2007, 03:19 PM
I take it back. I guess he was not a model citizen.
http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

Some very important people in the organization weren't happy when Johnson failed to stand up and take blame away from quarterback Jake Delhomme after some critical passes intended for Johnson were intercepted. At least one very important person in the organization urged Johnson to do that and he didn't.

I guess it depends on who was to blame for the passes. I can't fault the guy for not taking blame if he didn't feel he was really the culprit. I actually had Meshawn on my fantasy team last year and he did pretty well... I think he'd be a nice option if teams are going to roll their coverages towards Evans

Mr. Miyagi
05-01-2007, 03:23 PM
Ten bucks the Patriots pick him up too. Why not since they're starting a collection.

Gunzlingr
05-01-2007, 03:24 PM
Ten bucks the Patriots pick him up too. Why not since they're starting a collection.

They are shooting for a complete set.

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 03:25 PM

I hate it because i know everyone is gonna use them in madden and it kills me bc i dont want to but chance at cash i might have to....to talented UGH

mysticsoto
05-01-2007, 03:27 PM
After watching Keyshawn bungle an interview on ESPN on draft day (and boy was he horrible) I was going to say, "Don't quit your day job..." Oops...

THATHURMANATOR
05-01-2007, 03:46 PM
After watching Keyshawn bungle an interview on ESPN on draft day (and boy was he horrible) I was going to say, "Don't quit your day job..." Oops...
Really man... I thought he was pretty good during the draft...

HAMMER
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
He is exactly what we need. In all honesty where did Moulds go? I would take him back over what we have. I am sure JP and he could work things out.

That is a horrible idea that has zero chance of happening.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 04:14 PM
WE're not signing anybody.

Captain Marv is satisfied with Peerless Price and his 8.2 YPC last year, worse of any #2 WR in the NFL over the past four years (or so I read yesterday)

DraftBoy
05-01-2007, 04:23 PM
Id already be on the phone with him, he's the perfect addition to our team.

FlyingDutchman
05-01-2007, 04:30 PM

haha are you talking about when he interviewed Jarrett? lmao. Jarrett had the personality of a wet towel though. Kinda hard to roll with that. Was a pretty damn awkward interview.

YardRat
05-01-2007, 05:04 PM
I'd consider him at this point...couldn't hurt to take a look.

DynaPaul
05-01-2007, 05:28 PM
They are shooting for a complete set.

I think they're going by the Al Davis mindset now. Get a bunch of disgruntled, troublemakers that no one really wants to deal with anymore. Old Belichick is gonna have a hell of a time this season.

gr8slayer
05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
He would be cool to bring in for a year or two but he is in no way a long term answer for any team.

I would bring him in to help out on the Goal Line.

B-DON
05-01-2007, 08:14 PM
We could definitely use this guy. But of course he will choose some other franchise with a "Shot" at the superbowl

ublinkwescore
05-01-2007, 09:34 PM
I think they're going by the Al Davis mindset now. Get a bunch of disgruntled, troublemakers that no one really wants to deal with anymore. Old Belichick is gonna have a hell of a time this season.

I hope so, I got $50 riding on the Pats not winning the Superbowl this year.

ublinkwescore
05-01-2007, 09:35 PM
We could definitely use this guy. But of course he will choose some other franchise with a "Shot" at the superbowl

He already got a ring with the Bucs - though it's not one he'll remember for good reasons.

ublinkwescore
05-01-2007, 09:36 PM
speaking of which, I wonder if RJ has pawned his ring for some Surfboard wax or something yet.

ShadowHawk7
05-01-2007, 09:55 PM
I heard we had interest in him from ESPN today. Unlikely we sign him with the utmost confidence we have in our WRs already. At the best, we may sign another potential #3 or #4.

Dicknoze69
05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
I don't see why we shouldn't at least look at him. He'd give us a nice, big possession receiver to go along-side Evans. He's also an excellent blocker. He's been pretty decent character-wise the last couple years as well. We don't really have anyone tall and big like he is.

Most importantly, he'll come cheap. I doubt he gets much more than the vet minimum. From his perspective, it's a terrible time for a vet like him to be released.

Bert102176
05-02-2007, 06:45 AM
I would like it if we signed him, he is better then Price, Reed and any WR we have beside Lee, Johnson would be our number 2 guy and be a big improvement to our WR core

mysticsoto
05-02-2007, 08:28 AM
haha are you talking about when he interviewed Jarrett? lmao. Jarrett had the personality of a wet towel though. Kinda hard to roll with that. Was a pretty damn awkward interview.

The interviewer has to be prepared to deal with subjects like these though and have questions ready that can bring out more of the subject. He wasn't prepared at all.

But besides that, there were times when he would say something and then another analyst would shoot him down point blank as though his comment was just stupid to even say.