X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jpdex12
    • Jan 2005

Why all the hate for Edwards already?

What's up with some of the negative posts on this guy? I know most of us were expecting Hughes as he was there in the third round and the COlts grabbed him but I don't think that the Edwards move was that bad. Some of us are already bashing him and we hardly know anything about him. What's up with that?
    Where else would you rather be than right here right now?
  • Joe Fo Sho
    Making Spirits Bright
    • Mar 2006

Re: Why all the hate for Edwards already?

I'll admit I was surprised when i heard his name called with our pick, but after thinking about it, i think it was a good decision. I mean, how many teams have had their starting quarterback play 100% of the snaps. I could be wrong but i think the only 2 are JP and Peyton. I don't know that JP is going to be that durable again this year. I also don't see us getting a cornerback who'll be able to start right away with that pick.

Let's just say i'm more comfortable with -

JP, Trent, Craig
    McGee, Ashton, Kiwi, and Jabari

Than -

JP, Craig, ?
    McGee, Ashton, Kiwi, Jabari, and ? Maybe Hughes ?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

It's got nothing to do with Edwards.

It's called "opportunity cost". We need depth all over the field and potential starters at least at CB and WR. Could we find them in the third round? Maybe, maybe not- but on a team with this many holes, you have to at least try.

Instead, we grab a player who WILL NOT help this team in 07. Even if he sees the field, which is unlikely to start with, he will play like a rookie QB. Nall can do that.

This was a waste of a pick.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mudflap1
        Next Question!
        • Nov 2004

But Op, Edwards might turn out to be a great QB that we can trade for a 2nd round pick 25 years from now. What's the opportunity cost of that? What's the effing probability of that?

Jon

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
          It's got nothing to do with Edwards.

It's called "opportunity cost". We need depth all over the field and potential starters at least at CB and WR. Could
          That sums it up!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
            • Jul 2002

No hate from me. I was initially upset because it didn't make sense to me but I am over it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Like I said, some of you people have to find something to ***** about no matter what. If your mom won the lottery you guys would call her a dumb ***** for not hitting the REALLY big jackpot a week earlier.

Poo poo for your neggie nancies.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                • Mar 2003

I trust marv

MUCK
                FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Like I said, some of you people have to find something to ***** about no matter what. If your mom won the lottery you guys would call her a dumb ***** for not hitting the REALLY big jackpot a week earlier.

Poo poo for your neggie nancies.
                  so you're happy with our CB situation? What if McGee gets injured and Kiwaukee Thomas and Youboty have to start, and Greer plays nickel? (Actually I don't mind Greer at nickel but that starting tandem sucks) Or what if Youboty does awful in pre-season? We've never seen this guy play, so who knows how he'll do?

And you're happy with our LB situation? If one of our starters (presumably Poz, Crowell, Ellison) get injured, then someone like Wire, Digiorgio or Haggan will be starting. And Crowell's gotten injured the last two seasons- with 3 LB's on the field playing a high-contact position, it's extremely likely that there will be an injury at some point during the season.

And what about WR? Reed and Price have yet to prove they can consistently take pressure off Evans, and both signed heavily backloaded contracts that make them expensive to keep in '08. Are you satisfied with that?

but yeah, you're right. It's perfectly acceptable to pick a backup QB that won't be any better than the backup QB we already have with all those holes. We're just finding things to ***** about. Because there's nothing more fun than pointing out why our team sucks
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                    is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                    • Mar 2003

Problem is now "the answer" will say Edwards is best QB and the reason we lose games is bc he isnt in there....i hate that it might create a qb controversy in a yr

MUCK
                    FIAMI

Comment

• Meathead
                      Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                      • Jul 2002

i plan to hate him until jp has a bad game then ill love him
                      One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                        so you're happy with our CB situation? What if McGee gets injured and Kiwaukee Thomas and Youboty have to start, and Greer plays nickel? (Actually I don't mind Greer at nickel but that starting tandem sucks) Or what if Youboty does awful in pre-season? We've never seen this guy play, so who knows how he'll do?

And you're happy with our LB situation? If one of our starters (presumably Poz, Crowell, Ellison) get injured, then someone like Wire, Digiorgio or Haggan will be starting. And Crowell's gotten injured the last two seasons- with 3 LB's on the field playing a high-contact position, it's extremely likely that there will be an injury at some point during the season.

And what about WR? Reed and Price have yet to prove they can consistently take pressure off Evans, and both signed heavily backloaded contracts that make them expensive to keep in '08. Are you satisfied with that?

but yeah, you're right. It's perfectly acceptable to pick a backup QB that won't be any better than the backup QB we already have with all those holes. We're just finding things to ***** about. Because there's nothing more fun than pointing out why our team sucks
                        In this day and age, every team has holes Op. One draft isn't going to patch all the holes, nor will 2 drafts. You could be any team's fan and you could find something to ***** about, so you'll never be happy. So sad to spend your life being upset all the time.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          In this day and age, every team has holes Op. One draft isn't going to patch all the holes, nor will 2 drafts. You could be any team's fan and you could find something to ***** about, so you'll never be happy. So sad to spend your life being upset all the time.
                          I'm a fan of the team so I'll be upset til they win. Picking a backup QB that's no better than the backup QB we have will not help us win.

And I don't know why you people think it's appropriate or accurate to extrapolate a disgruntled fan's feelings about a struggling football team to "being upset all the time".
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Op is a HATER!

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                              Op is a HATER!
                              damn straight- I hate losing.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X