PDA

View Full Version : Hits kept on coming for Edwards

The Answer
05-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Good read on the young gun, Kiper had him going at the top of the 2nd - The Answer had him as a late 1st rounder on his draft board:

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/65169.html

Bills notebook

Hits kept on coming for Stanford quarterback Edwards

<!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->By Mark Gaughan and Allen Wilson NEWS SPORTS REPORTERS <!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- Begin /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_creditline_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_copyright_with_dash.comp --><!-- End /PubSys/Common/Decisions/if_byline_and_copyright_or_creditline.comp -->
Updated: 04/30/07 6:38 AM

<!-- End /PubSys/Story/EmailPrintAbout.comp --><!--endclickprintexclude-->Three of Trent Edwards’ four seasons as the quarterback for Stanford University were shortened by injury.

That didn’t diminish the respect Buffalo Bills quarterback coach Turk Schonert had for Edwards.

“People talk about him being injury-prone,” Schonert said after the Bills drafted Edwards in the third round. “When I met him at the combine I shook his hand and congratulated him on how many games he actually did play. He got hit that much. They were a bad football team.”

Edwards battled through adversity in college but he steps into what looks like a good situation in Buffalo. The Bills have only two NFL quarterbacks on their roster, and they had a need for a young developing passer.

Why did they use a thirdround pick on Edwards? The Bills said he was much more highly rated than anyone else on their board when they made the 92nd overall pick. There already had been 16 receivers taken when the Bills made their third-round pick. The top nine cornerbacks were off the board. California cornerback Daymeion Hughes may have been the next best choice for the Bills. He went 95th to the Colts.

ESPN draft guru Mel Kiper had Edwards going at the top of the second round — 34th overall. The Dallas Morning News rated him 37th overall. Mike Mayock of the NFL Network rated him 50th overall.

“He was a guy you didn’t expect to see around at this point in the third round,” said Bills scout Terry Wooden. “He was a guy we couldn’t pass up.”

“He was in our top three or four quarterbacks,” Schonert said......

~The Answer

FinFaninBuffalo
05-01-2007, 04:13 PM
You might want to find a different picture of Edwards. He looks like he's about to piss himself.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 04:15 PM
You might want to find a different picture of Edwards. He looks like he's about to piss himself.
You would too if you played behind that offensive line.

I saw Edwards on the Jim Rome show last week and liked him a lot.

FinFaninBuffalo
05-01-2007, 04:25 PM
You would too if you played behind that offensive line.

I saw Edwards on the Jim Rome show last week and liked him a lot.

j/k about the photo

I think it was a good pick for the Bills. The kid has potential and the Bills can afford to let him sit and learn for a couple of years. Nobody would criticize the Matt Schaub pick by Atlanta a few years ago. 3rd round QB with an upside. Worked out well for the Falcons.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 04:27 PM
j/k about the photo

I think it was a good pick for the Bills. The kid has potential and the Bills can afford to let him sit and learn for a couple of years. Nobody would criticize the Matt Schaub pick by Atlanta a few years ago. 3rd round QB with an upside. Worked out well for the Falcons.

Honestly surprised that the Fins didn't grab him - Especially since Cam Cameron is familiar with the Pac10 as well coaching in San Diego.

They must be real high on Beck.

~The Answer

FinFaninBuffalo
05-01-2007, 04:37 PM
Honestly surprised that the Fins didn't grab him - Especially since Cam Cameron is familiar with the Pac10 as well coaching in San Diego.

They must be real high on Beck.

~The Answer

I've heard that they liked Edwards too. I prefer Beck because he has more experience and more success in college. He was also injured a lot less than Edwards.

raphael120
05-01-2007, 05:27 PM

no, it's just after he pissed himself