PDA

View Full Version : Do Eagles fans take kindly to Bills fans?

Bills232
05-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I got tickets to the game at Lincoln Financial next year..

Me and about 5 buddies are going...

We will be wearing Bills gear, and singing Bills make me want to shout..

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Eagles fans barely are kind to their own.

Mr. Pink
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
Eagle Fan booed Santa Claus and cheered the end of Michael Irvins' career...good luck!

mikemac2001
05-01-2007, 04:36 PM
I think youd be alright but u never know, you are in philly and rooting for bills

SABURZFAN
05-01-2007, 04:43 PM

tell me how you choirboys did after tire irons were bouncing off your heads.i don't know about the new stadium but the old one had a jail on the premises.

The Answer
05-01-2007, 04:49 PM

The Answer would advise against that - you might as well wear a TO jersey if you plan on acting like an assclown.

~The Answer

feelthepain
05-01-2007, 04:51 PM
They had a make shift courtroom and jail cell under the Vet for years. I'm not sure if that tradtion has carried over to the Link, but I do live just across the bridge from Philly and I hate this place and every sports team here. You'll love the fans!

W1DER1GHT
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
A few of my friends got jumped outside of The Vet in 1996 after the Bills beat the Eagles, and one of them ended up in the hospital with a broken nose and a few broken ribs. I will have to say that these guys probably could have avoided the situation, but they aren't the type that would keep thier mouths closed, so it's kind of on them to a certain point. Philly is not a good place to take a road trip unless you're a Philly fan, and even then it's a hostile place.

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 05:43 PM

Bad idea, man. Bad.

Night Train
05-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Remember that Far Side picture with that deer and the target birthmark ?

Mad Bomber
05-01-2007, 05:55 PM
Remember that Far Side picture with that deer and the target birthmark ? http://www.adaelis.com/misc/temp/Bummer%20of%20a%20birth%20mark,%20Hal.jpg
"Bummer of a birthmark, man."

Devin
05-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Those are some of the most ignorant, violent, lousy fans of any team in any sport.

They used to hurl batteries at fans from other teams. Hope you are bringing an uzi with you.

Mudflap1
05-01-2007, 06:48 PM
I grew up in Philadelphia.

1. If you don't want confrontation, I would advise against wearing Bills gear.

2. If you do wear Bills gear (which I have done there), be courteous to the Eagles fans.

If you taunt them, you may not make it out of there without your legs getting broken. I'm serious.

Jon

Mudflap1
05-01-2007, 06:49 PM
A few of my friends got jumped outside of The Vet in 1996 after the Bills beat the Eagles, and one of them ended up in the hospital with a broken nose and a few broken ribs. I will have to say that these guys probably could have avoided the situation, but they aren't the type that would keep thier mouths closed, so it's kind of on them to a certain point. Philly is not a good place to take a road trip unless you're a Philly fan, and even then it's a hostile place.

I was at that game!

Jon

Goobylal
05-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Unless you guys are HUGE, I'd at least forget shouting anything. Wear your Bills stuff but be respectful. Unless you're looking for action, in which case do what you said and you'll get it.

Bills232
05-01-2007, 07:03 PM
Well my cousin lives in philly and we are all nineteen...

Are they really going to go that nuts?

Scumbag College
05-01-2007, 07:06 PM
Go directly to stubhub right now and make a few $$$. If you live near there, it'll be on TV. Plus, I think the game is on Dec. 30th, which means alot of people will be on the second day of a four day weekend. They can make bail just in time to get to work on Wed. the 2nd.

Mudflap1
05-01-2007, 07:08 PM

If you try to make friends with the fans, 75% chance you'll be ok (25% chance you still run into drunken crazy and get heckled or much worse). If you talk smack, 100% chance you get your ass kicked.

Jon

Bills232
05-01-2007, 07:09 PM
GOAAAL!!!!!!!!

Jagr

W1DER1GHT
05-01-2007, 07:09 PM

If you wear green and cheer for the Eagles it won't be bad. If you wear your Bills gear, cheer for your team, and make any eye contact with a smile on your face to any Eagles fan, you'll probably end up having a pretty bad day.

Bills232
05-01-2007, 07:10 PM
If you try to make friends with the fans, 75% chance you'll be ok (25% chance you still run into drunken crazy and get heckled or much worse). If you talk smack, 100% chance you get your ass kicked.

Jon

We are just going to start singing the Bills make me want to shout everytime the Bills do something really good..

That won't irritate them... will it?

W1DER1GHT
05-01-2007, 07:11 PM
GOAAAL!!!!!!!!

Jagr

If you do this in Philly(cheer for the wrong team) you'll end up dead.

Mudflap1
05-01-2007, 07:12 PM
We are just going to start singing the Bills make me want to shout everytime the Bills do something really good..

That won't irritate them... will it?

Do you like cold beer poured all over your body in 20 degree temperatures? If so, then go for it...

Dude, I know somebody (this is no joke) that had his PREGNANT sister PISSED on by Philly fans at a Rolling Stones concert, IN THE STANDS! If you antagonize them, they will go after you...

Jon

don137
05-01-2007, 07:40 PM
They are as classless as they come...When the Panthers played up there in the playoffs the threw beer and spit at women and children that were donning Panthers gear. If they show that little class to women and kids minding there own business imagine what they will do to some 19 year old.

Goobylal
05-01-2007, 07:43 PM
I recall them making fun of the death of Joe Jurevicius' infant son. That's lower than pond scum.

FlyingDutchman
05-01-2007, 07:50 PM
I went to the University of Delaware which is about 30 mins from Phila and I used to go to sporting events. I had the chance to go to an Eagles vs Cardinals game back in 03 I think it was. I remeber it was the game Mcnabb got hurt. Anyways I saw a poor Cardinal fan (the only cardinal fan ive ever seen) get kicked out for doing nothing. I asked my buddy whos an Eagles fan why they removed him from his seats for doing nothing and he said they do that all the time because they are afraid a riot will be induced. Phila is by far the last place you want to wear a visiting teams jersey. But more power to ya bro. Good luck.

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 08:37 PM
**** 'EM! You only die once. You might as well die proud. I have never been there but my best friend who is an Eagles fan is getting us tix for the last game and I plan on wearing true blue! I don't plan on being an antogonist, but I'm not going down without a fight.

I wonder if I bought a Bill's jersey with the name Jaworski on the back what the response would be? lol

Statman
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
They had a make shift courtroom and jail cell under the Vet for years. I'm not sure if that tradtion has carried over to the Link, but I do live just across the bridge from Philly and I hate this place and every sports team here. You'll love the fans!
I think they've upgraded to a choice of three now;

A gallows, a three-man firing squad, or five minutes in a closet with a felon named Bubba. At least they give the drunken offenders a choice.

BAM
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
As long as you're not arrogant about it, you'll be fine.

I'll see you out there! I'll be wearing Bills gear as well, along with another Bills fan friend of mine. I'll be with a couple other Eagles fans though. :D

Generalissimus Gibby
05-02-2007, 09:33 PM
you do know that the guy who started this thread is the con artist formerly known as NWF.

Crisis
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Who?

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 07:27 AM
I'd wear my Bills gear and root for the Bills. Since you're in their house, however, I wouldn't start yelling anything derogatory about the Eagles.

Even then, you will probably be threatened by their nitwit fans.

I was a well behaved Bills fan in Baltimore last year - cheered for the Bills, said absolutely nothing bad about the Ravens - but still got threatened by four thugs sitting 4 or 5 rows behind me. I simply said I wouldn't be intimidated by their tactics, and I then got the respect of some decent Raven fans sitting near me.

So go to the game, cheer for the Bills, but don't be obnoxious - you're a guest in the Eagle's house.

MarvLevy
05-03-2007, 07:32 AM

Nothing worse than seeing an ignorant Bills fan looking like an ass. Go with your jersey but sit your ass down and watch the game like a civilized person.

OpIv37
05-03-2007, 08:50 AM

I was born in South Jersey and still have a lot of relatives there.

From what I understand they are complete asses to all fans of the other team there. I've never been to a football game but I went to a few baseball games at the old Vet.

OpIv37
05-03-2007, 08:51 AM
I'd wear my Bills gear and root for the Bills. Since you're in their house, however, I wouldn't start yelling anything derogatory about the Eagles.

Even then, you will probably be threatened by their nitwit fans.

I was a well behaved Bills fan in Baltimore last year - cheered for the Bills, said absolutely nothing bad about the Ravens - but still got threatened by four thugs sitting 4 or 5 rows behind me. I simply said I wouldn't be intimidated by their tactics, and I then got the respect of some decent Raven fans sitting near me.

So go to the game, cheer for the Bills, but don't be obnoxious - you're a guest in the Eagle's house.

really? I went to two games in baltimore decked out in Bills gear and got treated pretty well both times. There's always one or two *******s but the majority of fans were cool.

Saratoga Slim
05-03-2007, 09:29 AM
I lived in Philly for almost 4 years. being a Bills fan isn't as likely to get your ass kicked as being a Giants, Redskins or Cowboys fan. and it also depends where you're sitting. In the 700 level at the Vet, wearing anything other than green was pretty much a guarantee of obnoxious heckling. I haven't been to as many games at the Linc, but as its the same crowd.......Bottom line is Philly fans are a little more prone to obnoxious behavior and violence than other crowds, but its not THAT different than going to a game anywhere else. You're probably not going to get beat up.

although I did once watch a drunk guy walk right up to a fan in a Giants jersey, yell something about wearing a Giants jersey "in our house", and punch him in the face. The appalling thing about it was the Eagles fan had his 7-8 year old kid in tow.

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 09:43 AM
really? I went to two games in baltimore decked out in Bills gear and got treated pretty well both times. There's always one or two *******s but the majority of fans were cool.
I used to go to a lot of Bills-Colts games at the old Memorial Stadium in Baltimore during the70s, and the Colts' fans were great. There are now a certain element of Ravens' fans, however, that are really ugly-hard edged/Maryland red neck nasty. The majority are pretty good, though.

Jeff1220
05-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Philly can be a fun city, but when you're there, anybody can be a target. True story - I went to some Grateful Dead shows in Philly in '95 (you know, peace, love, etc, etc.) and got jumped by a total stranger for no reason. Anything can happen there.