PDA

View Full Version : So are we going to compare McGahee's and Lynch's...

raphael120
05-01-2007, 05:33 PM
They both will be sharing time, right? So will a good gauge be if Lynch blows away McGahee's "rookie" stats, or will it be dissapointing to see if Lynch doesn't live up to those stats. Full well knowing that McGahee had the benefit of sitting on the sidelines a full season and learning on the bench...I think Lynch will have the benefit of the doubt and do much better coming in his first real rookie season, than McGahee had in his 2nd year as a "pro"...

YardRat
05-01-2007, 05:35 PM
McGahee is dead to me.

I could care less how Lynch compares to him...I just want Marshawn to excel.

raphael120
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
McGahee is dead to me.

I could care less how Lynch compares to him...I just want Marshawn to excel.

well i just would like to see it for the bills, and also to tell mcgahee to go shove it, and all the analysts that say

"oh mcgahee is an elite RB blah blah blah....bills messed up"

RockStar36
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
McGahee didn't start till the 5th game of the year so the stats don't tell the full story. Not to mention the Bills from back then were totally different than these Bills. It wouldn't be fair to make any comparisons. Let McGahee do his thing in Baltimore and worry about him when he comes to Buffalo. Time to move on.

DynaPaul
05-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Call me crazy but I think Lynch is going to win the starting spot so you really won't be able to compare his rookie stats to McGahee's spot duty in his second year. NOw, we could compare his stats this coming year to McGahee's first in Baltimore. That'd be interesting.

RockStar36
05-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Call me crazy but I think Lynch is going to win the starting spot so you really won't be able to compare his rookie stats to McGahee's spot duty in his second year. NOw, we could compare his stats this coming year to McGahee's first in Baltimore. That'd be interesting.

I may be in the minority but I think McGahee is going to have a career year this season. He is extra motivated, he's on a playoff team, he is playing with his Miami buddies, and he just got a big payday.

GarnOFreak
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
McGahee didn't start till the 5th game of the year so the stats don't tell the full story. Not to mention the Bills from back then were totally different than these Bills. It wouldn't be fair to make any comparisons. Let McGahee do his thing in Baltimore and worry about him when he comes to Buffalo. Time to move on.

not to mention that MOST of the TDs Willis got his rookie year were set up on the short field due to the 39 turnovers the DEF got that year...most of which were deep in enemy territory. Our offense stunk to high heaven that year, but looked good because of all the short field positions it got. They were the reason we won so many games at the end of the year, not McGahee adding a spark as some media attributed to us. That Defense was awesome.