PDA

View Full Version : Tom Modrak is staying Bills GM

raphael120
05-01-2007, 05:34 PM
as per bills text...

The Buffalo Bills have retained the services of the head of their college scouting department. Tom Modrak has agreed to remain with the club and will continue to serve the organization in that capacity.
Owner Ralph Wilson met with his top college talent evaluator Tuesday and an agreement was reached to have Modrak continue heading up the organization's college scouting efforts.
The veteran NFL talent evaluator was originally hired by the Bills back in June of 2001. Modrak has been an instrumental part of Buffalo's last six college player drafts.

YardRat
05-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Did he get a promotion? I thought he was the head of college scouting and Marv was the GM.

YardRat
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
BTW...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4763

Night Train
05-01-2007, 05:38 PM
This will upset the hacks at PFW.

patmoran2006
05-01-2007, 05:43 PM
LOL... Great

Why would we want to get a young, sharp mind to groom under Marv or anything stupid like that.

camelcowboy
05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
LOL... Great

Why would we want to get a young, sharp mind to groom under Marv or anything stupid like that.Modrak is running the show, its just Marv's vision.

streetkings01
05-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Maybe if Modrak had more control of the draft when Commander Tom was here, we would have been better off today!

jdbillsfan
05-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I like Modrak. Good to hear.

Statman
05-01-2007, 07:04 PM
Maybe if Modrak had more control of the draft when Commander Tom was here, we would have been better off today!
OR, you can look at the similarities between the drafts under Marv and Tom and begin to connect the dots as to why they exist.

One doesn't have to look too far to see Modrak's influence since he's been on the team.

Those of you that can't quite see it now will figure it out sooner or later. Then again, many often believe what they want to believe and not what the facts dictate.

baalworship
05-01-2007, 07:58 PM
Thank God. I was really worried that we would be losing one of the premier talent evaluators in the NFL.

justasportsfan
05-01-2007, 08:28 PM
Then again, many often believe what they want to believe and not what the facts dictate.
please state those facts.

raphael120
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Did he get a promotion? I thought he was the head of college scouting and Marv was the GM.

whoops, my bad!!!! fixed

Michael82
05-02-2007, 12:59 AM
:bf1:

Marvelous
05-02-2007, 02:46 AM
This is good news. It's no coincidence that our drafts have been awesome under Modrak Levy. a upgrade over Modrak/Donahoe. Modrak shies away from bad character( -McGahee). And is a great right hand for Marv...Great job getting it done Ralph

rocketman
05-02-2007, 07:11 AM
This is great news. We have a three headed monster in Marv, Jauron and Modrak. This is the makings of a great team. These guys are sharp.

rocketman

Meathead
05-02-2007, 07:13 AM
huge

jack1022
05-02-2007, 08:55 AM
This is great news. We have a three headed monster in Marv, Jauron and Modrak. This is the makings of a great team. These guys are sharp.

rocketman

Perfectly stated.. Congrats Modrak...

JJamezz
05-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Definitely good news.

That rumor about replacing Modrak with the guy from Chicago was a little frightening.. :phew:

I don't think Modrak had nearly as much say in the actual draft selections when Donahoe was here as some think.

justasportsfan
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Modrak is head of the scouting department. I assume that in the end whether it was TD or MArv , he doesn't have the final say who get's drafted. He just grades them and see's if they fit based on what the coaches want/need.

Again I am assuming that the coaches' inputs weighed heavily on MArv and can't say the same about TD. TD went more for talent than a player that fit the system.

Gunzlingr
05-02-2007, 09:51 AM
OR, you can look at the similarities between the drafts under Marv and Tom and begin to connect the dots as to why they exist.

One doesn't have to look too far to see Modrak's influence since he's been on the team.

Those of you that can't quite see it now will figure it out sooner or later. Then again, many often believe what they want to believe and not what the facts dictate.

:crazy:

Saratoga Slim
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
LOL... Great

Why would we want to get a young, sharp mind to groom under Marv or anything stupid like that.

I thought you liked the past two drafts. Get rid of Modrak b/c he's not young? Or get rid of him b/c he's not sharp? I don't get where you're going with this

G. Host
05-02-2007, 08:04 PM
Modrak is head of the scouting department. I assume that in the end whether it was TD or MArv , he doesn't have the final say who get's drafted. He just grades them and see's if they fit based on what the coaches want/need.

He has a lot more input under Marv for he tries to build consensus on who to take rather than create a consensus on his opinion.

Meathead
05-03-2007, 07:01 AM

Again I am assuming that the coaches' inputs weighed heavily on MArv and can't say the same about TD. TD went more for talent than a player that fit the system.
marv already stated that the drafting decisions are done by consensus between tom dick and him. in fact he told a story about being 'outvoted' on somebody, im sure its around here somewhere