PDA

View Full Version : That looks like a goal!!!!

Philagape
05-01-2007, 08:39 PM
The puck is over the line!!

don137
05-01-2007, 08:40 PM
I don't think it was a goal from the camera angle but its too hard to tell

Typ0
05-01-2007, 08:41 PM
it's a goal.

Philagape
05-01-2007, 08:42 PM
If the edge of the puck is just touching the edge of the goal line but not on top of it, does it count?

Philagape
05-01-2007, 08:42 PM
#^&#^$#&%^@^%!!!!!

don137
05-01-2007, 08:44 PM
you can't see it cross the line without a shadow a doubt and that's what it would take to cross the line...Sucks too that the Rangers first goal was not hooking it was Jagr holding the stick that was the correct call...

Philagape
05-01-2007, 08:45 PM
May be a bad call, but it should have never come down to that if we had decided to play before the third period

OpIv37
05-01-2007, 08:48 PM
you can't see it cross the line without a shadow a doubt and that's what it would take to cross the line...Sucks too that the Rangers first goal was not hooking it was Jagr holding the stick that was the correct call...

**** that- there is space under his pad and the puck was still moving forward. That was DEFINITELY a goal even if there is no direct view of it. the momentum HAD to have carried it all the way over the line.

We got ****ing robbed again.

MTBillsFan
05-01-2007, 08:49 PM
Someone said that we couldn't say anything about the officials the other day... I said don't hold your breathe. Well...ladies and gents I hope the NHL paid for your drink cause we just got it in the tail end!

NHL loves its big markets!

Philagape
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
We're in this series because the NHL has overturned two calls in our favor

RedEyE
05-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I don't understand why they never made an attempt to view it from a different angle.

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
Someone said that we couldn't say anything about the officials the other day... I said don't hold your breathe. Well...ladies and gents I hope the NHL paid for your drink cause we just got it in the tail end!

NHL loves its big markets!

This series in a 7th game will be the highest rated playoff game ever in NY, I assure you.

don137
05-01-2007, 08:51 PM
**** that- there is space under his pad and the puck was still moving forward. That was DEFINITELY a goal even if there is no direct view of it. the momentum HAD to have carried it all the way over the line.

It has to be conclusive and it was not conclusive. We may think it crossed but it would not count unless you can see it over...

Typ0
05-01-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't understand why they never made an attempt to view it from a different angle.

it's just like the NFL...they'll make a commitment to the replay but they won't put the technology in place to really make it work.

ddaryl
somebody get a screen shot of the non-goal and blow it up

BillsNick
This is ****ing bull****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dozerdog
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
With today's technology, They need to put a chip in the puck (and ref's whistles) that will tell if it is a goal or not. This nonsense of pads and/or gloves "hiding" the puck from cameras is getting old.

A puck is in a glove, the glove crosses the line- and because a glove "hides" it from view- and it's not a goal?

Dozerdog
05-01-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't understand why they never made an attempt to view it from a different angle.TV or toronto? Who knows what Toronto was watching

hammerbillsfan
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
The puck should explode every time it crosses the line. Then you will KNOW it's a goal.

Dozerdog
05-01-2007, 08:54 PM
BTW- we deserve a tied series based on our performances

BlackMetalNinja
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
The puck should explode every time it crosses the line. Then you will KNOW is a goal.

Hell Yes! :rofl:

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
With today's technology, They need to put a chip in the puck (and ref's whistles) that will tell if it is a goal or not. This nonsense of pads and/or gloves "hiding" the puck from cameras is getting old.

A puck is in a glove, the glove crosses the line- and because a glove "hides" it from view- and it's not a goal?

How about if it lights up red when it crosses the line??

RedEyE
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM
TV or toronto? Who knows what Toronto was watching

Well, the same cameras are on the ice and every other reviewable call we've seen this year in the playoffs has shown at least 2 views. Suddenly VS nills out the 2nd view? And Toronto got off the phone pretty quickly....

I'm not insinuating anything here but a 2-2 tie in this series does a lot for the game of hockey.

SkateZilla
05-01-2007, 08:56 PM

There is A Forward View that showed it over the Line, the same camera Angle that Got Vaneks Goal over Broduer

RedEyE
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM

I completely agree with this statement.

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 08:57 PM
There is A Forward View that showed it over the Line, the same camera Angle that Got Vaneks Goal over Broduerour

Your kidding me.

OpIv37
05-01-2007, 08:58 PM
It has to be conclusive and it was not conclusive. We may think it crossed but it would not count unless you can see it over...

define "conclusive". Did the video show it exactly? no. But did the video show that it HAD to have gone over? Yes.

SkateZilla
NHL Should Put Camera's in the players Helmets...

RedEyE
Did the light ever come on?

SkateZilla
05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
define "conclusive". Did the video show it exactly? no. But did the video show that it HAD to have gone over? Yes.

There was an Upper Forward View that showed it Clearly Over, Broadcast Reverse Angle.

Philagape
05-01-2007, 08:59 PM
Did the light ever come on?

No

MTBillsFan
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
I hate to admit it but you're very right...we've been out played both games in NHL city...I mean NYC

RedEyE
05-01-2007, 09:00 PM
Two things:

1) If the light never came on then they were already doing Buffalo a favor by reviewing it.

2) If the the light did come on, then the call was too inconclusive to overturn the goal. The goal should stand on that rule alone.

SkateZilla
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
Two things:

1) If the light never came on then they were already doing Buffalo a favor by reviewing it.

2) If the the light did come on, then the call was too inconclusive to overturn the goal. The goal should stand on that rule alone.

The Goal Judge in MSG wasnt about to be murdered for hitting the button... and he couldnt see the puck regardless

Typ0
05-01-2007, 09:02 PM

exactly...and the nfl could do the same thing to determine a TD. These leagues are making boat loads of $$$ off us it's time to spend some and fix this mess.

don137
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
From the camera angle on VS it never showed the puck cross the line (conclusive). It showed the puck almost over but never fully over the line. We may think it crossed but they won't call it a goal based on an assumption. I don't like it any more than you.

RedEyE
05-01-2007, 09:03 PM
The Goal Judge in MSG wasnt about to be murdered for hitting the button... and he couldnt see the puck regardless

So the goal judge reacts based on fan opinion? Since when?

RockStar36
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM
I think it was a goal, however I didn't see anything conclusive that would have the people in Toronto overturn the goal. While they were reviewing it I knew they would say no goal. It doesn't matter anyways guys. The Sabres deserved to lose tonight. Let's not lose sight of that. Blame the team, not just the refs (or goal judges).

JD
05-01-2007, 09:22 PM
I would have been much happier if we got blown out or lost fairly, but to go down like this is rediculous. I really want to punch someone in the face right now.

Everyone at Pearl St. was going crazy because it looked like it was in, running around highfiving eachother... and then they wave it off after reviewing it for about two ****ing minutes. Your going to tell me they only have one ****ing camera angle in the most popular NHL arena in the world????

Give me a ****ing break.

Nighthawk
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM
It was goal...no doubt in my mind, but the Sabres are at fault for letting it come to that. They need to show up before 7 minutes left in the 3rd.

chernobylwraiths
05-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Again!? We have gotten just about every break in the playoffs so far. Sure, I thought it was a goal too, but there was no definitive angle to show it. What this bush league has to do is mount a few cameras on both sides of the ***** arena. What kind of bush league only has one camera.

But as Phil stated earlier. If they had played with the heart they showed from just before the Ranger's second goal, they could have had that game. Maybe this will be a wake up call that they have to give more effort earlier. Plus, they have to learn to 'LIFT THE DAMNED PUCK!!!'

MTBillsFan
05-01-2007, 09:30 PM
The puck should explode every time it crosses the line. Then you will KNOW it's a goal.
better yet, blow up the REFS!

Nighthawk
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
Again!? We have gotten just about every break in the playoffs so far. Sure, I thought it was a goal too, but there was no definitive angle to show it. What this bush league has to do is mount a few cameras on both sides of the ***** arena. What kind of bush league only has one camera.

But as Phil stated earlier. If they had played with the heart they showed from just before the Ranger's second goal, they could have had that game. Maybe this will be a wake up call that they have to give more effort earlier. Plus, they have to learn to 'LIFT THE DAMNED PUCK!!!'

Excellent points! They need to start lifting the puck on this goalie...how stupid can they be? Also, you're right, I hope that this finally wakes them up because nothing else has to this point!