PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Rant! Join in!

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 09:13 PM
What a total friggin idiot! This guy is another reason not to like ESPN. His draft coverage and analysis is terrible along with his helmet hair. I wouldn't wipe my ass with the napkin that he uses during dinner.

I wouldn't piss on this guy if he was on fire!

He only got three out of the first ten picks right and four out of the whole draft. I was dickin around and got six right in the first ten for god sakes and I'm Joe Blow from down the street. His picks suck every year and he has been doing this since 1984. My wife doesn't watch the draft and even she couldn't stand him. What a total douche! He falls into the likes of beyond acceptable to listen to like Cornheiser, Theisman, Dierdorf, and McGuire. The friggin SOB never has anything good to say about the Bills either like that Floyd Reese.

Thougths? ANyone else stand him?

BAM
05-01-2007, 09:15 PM
He just said Marshawn Lynch for offensive rookie of the year. I love 'im!

HHURRICANE
05-01-2007, 09:20 PM

This guy is one of the best talent eveluators ever. Well, after that quote anyway.

jpdex12
05-01-2007, 09:24 PM

He's riding Adam Shefter's coat tales then.

BAM
05-01-2007, 09:28 PM
hah I'm kiddin' I think he's a ******. I liked seeing that though.

Statman
05-01-2007, 09:31 PM
What a total friggin idiot! This guy is another reason not to like ESPN. His draft coverage and analysis is terrible along with his helmet hair. I wouldn't wipe my ass with the napkin that he uses during dinner.

He only got three out of the first ten picks right and four out of the whole draft. I was dickin around and got six right in the first ten for god sakes and I'm Joe Blow from down the street. His picks suck every year and he has been doing this since 1984. My wife doesn't watch the draft and even she couldn't stand him. What a total douche! He falls into the likes of beyond acceptable to listen to like Cornheiser, Theisman, Dierdorf, and McGuire. The friggin SOB never has anything good to say about the Bills either like that Floyd Reese.

LOL

finfan34
05-01-2007, 10:48 PM
espn sucks overall, unless you're a pats fan.....nfl network had much better draft coverage, and adam shefftner knows his *****

Bmax
05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
I'll take Kiper over Mcshay anyday....He thinks the bills reached for Lynch....

Bmax

Pinkerton Security
05-01-2007, 11:54 PM
f^*& em all, if we had access to the info they had we would all be better than them!

Hey Kiper, get a new haircut, i saw a video of you at the draft in 1986 and you had the same exact hair back then. douche.

Joe Fo Sho
05-01-2007, 11:55 PM
f^*& em all, if we had access to the info they had we would all be better than them!

Hey Kiper, get a new haircut, i saw a video of you at the draft in 1986 and you had the same exact hair back then. douche.

"It's just obvious to me that the Jets don't understand what the draft is all about."

Marvelous
05-02-2007, 01:48 AM
I'll go against the popluar opinion with Kiper. I like him. Maybe it's the fact that he will talk about the lesser know players and more then just their popular stats etc.. How can diehard/knowledgable fans like us Zoners not like him compaired to the likes of Keishaun,Salsbury and the other fruitloops that don't have a clue outside the top 20.....I enjoyed him & Mayock this weekend...
:couch:

Marvelous
05-02-2007, 01:50 AM
espn sucks overall, unless you're a pats fan.....nfl network had much better draft coverage, and adam shefftner knows his *****
I disagree about Shef. He seems to be a info tool and makes a big deal about **breaking news**. I like him alot just not so much on sunday because he wouldn't stfu about Moss & NE.. :mad:

Night Train
05-02-2007, 02:30 AM
Not a big Kiper fan but switching back and forth between NFL Network and ESPN this weekend, I caught Kiper saying plenty of positive things about our picks.

It's Mort that was being a jerk.

Marvelous
05-02-2007, 02:43 AM
Not a big Kiper fan but switching back and forth between NFL Network and ESPN this weekend, I caught Kiper saying plenty of positive things about our picks.

It's Mort that was being a jerk.
Yeah he was. But JAWS had our back.. Mort is just well proven Bills hater. He's annoying in my book...But i already liked Jaws cause of his amazingly well explained play breakdowns about players..He's good! But i like him even more for almost punching Mort on our behalf..

Luisito23
05-02-2007, 03:12 AM
I like Jr!!....:beers:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

Don't Panic
05-02-2007, 04:49 AM
I disagree about Shef. He seems to be a info tool and makes a big deal about **breaking news**. I like him alot just not so much on sunday because he wouldn't stfu about Moss & NE.. :mad:

Totally agree. He's a stuffy ***** IMO. I like Mayock best of the bunch, but he was getting a little old on Sunday. I thought Mooch was going to go over and strangle him a couple times. As for Kiper... did he really only have 4 right in the 1st round?? What a putz! And this guy does this for a living. I realize its a bit of a crap shoot, but anyone who makes a career about it and is arrogant about it on top of that should know where more than 4 of the top 32 picks are going. I have to send him mail on that one...

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-02-2007, 05:54 AM
You know, I cut these guys some slack. Their job is to bring people the best information they possibly can. They are trying to guess on what 32 other guys are going to do and if they are wrong they are criticized. If they are right they are told that is their job. If you look at anyone's mock guess I am sure that they are hitting and missing everywhere. Hell, we all took Mike Mayock as some insider when he picked Whitner to the Bills last year. This year the guy was like 5/32 in the entire first round. I like mock guesses for what they are, entertainment.

To say you wouldn't piss on the guy if he was on fire is pretty ridiculous. To say Mel Kiper is a ******, I look at it like this, Mel Kiper's job is to watch football, go to football games, get access to all the games, write his yearly publication, and be on TV a few times a year. He has a radio show where he only has to do on Saturday mornings. I will assume that he makes some very good money. What do you do for a living?

YardRat
05-02-2007, 05:57 AM
Mort's a dick.

elltrain22
05-02-2007, 06:30 AM
I will always have a bad vibe about Kiper. About 3-4 years ago, I called ESPN and got to talk to him, and he hung up on me before I got my draft question out. Why? I say: " Based on the mock drafts I have seen & and the one's I have done myself..." (got cut off), he (Kiper) then says: "you shouldn't be lookin at other mock peoples mock drafts for analysis"---he then laughs at me, and moves onto the next caller before I ever got my question out. It was from that point out that I formulated my dismay for this pompous jerk. He thinks he is god's gift to the sports media, and truth is, he spends so much time on the NFL draft, and is still, at best, 50% at his perdictions, which IMO, is very low (especially w/ all his "expert" analysis).

Don't Panic
05-02-2007, 06:51 AM
What do you do for a living?

I teach America's young, and if I only got it right 4 out of 32 times they'd find a way to fire me!

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-02-2007, 06:52 AM
I will always have a bad vibe about Kiper. About 3-4 years ago, I called ESPN and got to talk to him, and he hung up on me before I got my draft question out. Why? I say: " Based on the mock drafts I have seen & and the one's I have done myself..." (got cut off), he (Kiper) then says: "you shouldn't be lookin at other mock peoples mock drafts for analysis"---he then laughs at me, and moves onto the next caller before I ever got my question out. It was from that point out that I formulated my dismay for this pompous jerk. He thinks he is god's gift to the sports media, and truth is, he spends so much time on the NFL draft, and is still, at best, 50% at his perdictions, which IMO, is very low (especially w/ all his "expert" analysis).

:rofl:
Good for him.

Mad Bomber
05-02-2007, 07:02 AM
I don't much care for Kiper, but the person who got my blood boiling during the draft was Mortensen. I can't stand that idiot.

feelthepain
05-02-2007, 07:16 AM

Ya know what Kipers problem is? He tries to predict who's gonna take who because of the player instead of the possibility of need and talent, then he gets pissy when people don't draft according to his list. He did the same with Miami. He's got such a hard on for Brady Quinn I thought he was gonna cry when the Dolphins passed on him and took Ted Ginn. The guy needs to just do his research on the players and stop trying to predict where their going to land. It's not his job to pick who fits best for whom, it's his job to evaluate talent at the college level.

don137
05-02-2007, 07:36 AM
I will take Mayock and Scheffer over Clayton,Mort and Kiper any day of the week...All Kiper is good at is memorizing players stats. He is awful at predicting where people will go. His mocks are always one of the worst around and he acts like a know it all. For some reason people think he is good because he knows the ins and outs of a player. A good analyst will know the ins and outs and then accurately project where that will fit in. He doesn't do that. In fact he is terrible at it. Thus I could care less what he says.

Jan Reimers
05-02-2007, 07:51 AM
Honestly, who really cares what he thinks?

mikemac2001
05-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Honestly, who really cares what he thinks?

I do

madness
05-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I can't watch Mayock ever again after my friend pointed out his lisp. Now that's all I hear when he speaks. It drives me :crazy:

jpdex12
05-04-2007, 11:25 PM
You know, I cut these guys some slack. Their job is to bring people the best information they possibly can. They are trying to guess on what 32 other guys are going to do and if they are wrong they are criticized. If they are right they are told that is their job. If you look at anyone's mock guess I am sure that they are hitting and missing everywhere. Hell, we all took Mike Mayock as some insider when he picked Whitner to the Bills last year. This year the guy was like 5/32 in the entire first round. I like mock guesses for what they are, entertainment.

To say you wouldn't piss on the guy if he was on fire is pretty ridiculous. To say Mel Kiper is a ******, I look at it like this, Mel Kiper's job is to watch football, go to football games, get access to all the games, write his yearly publication, and be on TV a few times a year. He has a radio show where he only has to do on Saturday mornings. I will assume that he makes some very good money. What do you do for a living?

There's a word in the dictionary and it's NAIVE. That is what a person would be if they thought a sports anylist was just trying to bring the best information possible to the viewers when all the anylists do is bicker and argue OPINIONS! Yup OPINIONS! Not educated information, OPINIONS like you referenced about having to guess who 32 teams are going to draft. Not very educated when you are guessing. I would certainly speak a little more candidly about a teams pick when all these guys are doing is guessing rather than rip a team for REACHING for a player. Do they own a time machine and that's how they know a pick is a reach?

So when I say I wouldn't piss on the guy if he was on fire because he is ignorant, is uneducated about half of is guesses (4 out of 32), rips a player when he hasn't even seen the guy play a down in the NFL, is disliked by much of the public and gets paid a lot of $$ for being a dick since 1984 then I have the right to make a comment like this just the same as you calling it ridiculous.

BTW, I'm a fireman. I put out fires.

:monkeyp:Kiper Jr.

There, happy now?

jamze132
05-05-2007, 03:17 AM
ESPN can find anyone to tell everyone watching that a white DT has a high motor! I swear, he loves this terminology.

I thought "high motor" meant that the the white guy sucks but he tries pretty hard.

DynaPaul
05-05-2007, 09:43 AM
I don't hate Mel Kiper but I got say one thing about him. It's sad when your whole entire job is evaluating the draft and figuring out what teams are gonna take who and when the draft comes you totally flunk on your predictions. I mean this guy spends all year figuring this out. You'd have thought that he'd get like 20 out of 32 team picks right but that's not the case. Instead of slamming teams saying they reached or selected a player that isn't a high priority position just admit that you were wrong.

And on last thing Mel: Take a proactive approach on draft day. If things aren't going according to your prediction list take a good look at the talent left and start making revisions on the fly.

Pinkerton Security
05-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Ya know what Kipers problem is? He tries to predict who's gonna take who because of the player instead of the possibility of need and talent, then he gets pissy when people don't draft according to his list. He did the same with Miami. He's got such a hard on for Brady Quinn I thought he was gonna cry when the Dolphins passed on him and took Ted Ginn. The guy needs to just do his research on the players and stop trying to predict where their going to land. It's not his job to pick who fits best for whom, it's his job to evaluate talent at the college level.

you think the phins need a WR more than a QB?????

thats surprising to me.

happyspermwhale
05-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Kiper > You

I respect him as one of the top sports analysts in the nation.

jpdex12
05-06-2007, 08:57 AM
Kiper > You

I respect him as one of the top sports analysts in the nation.

happyspermwhale=spamproducingtroll

feelthepain
05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
you think the phins need a WR more than a QB?????

thats surprising to me.

I think the best player at 9 for Miami this year was Ginn and I think the best player at 40 for Miami was Beck. Miami's board in the first two picks was what you saw them draft. I guess you think QB's only come from the first round, cause you act as if Miami didn't get a QB cause they didn't draft one with their first pick.

Ginn was an important pick cause after him, Miami didn't think anyone close to his talent would be there at 40, however Miami had a good feeling Beck would be, so they took a chance, played the odds and won. Miami had Beck rated higher then Quinn on their board.....who cares where everyone else had him rated?