PDA

View Full Version : NEWSFLASH to the Sabres organization

clumping platelets
05-01-2007, 10:42 PM
they do not hand you the Stanley Cup.....you must earn it, That means playing desperate hockey from the opening face off until the final horn or whistle. You do not begin playing desperate hockey down 2-0 on the road with less than 10 mins in regualtion.....more and more I'm becoming a non-believer because these guys do not want to work hard for Lord Stanley, they want the other teams to give it to them. The best chance this organization will have for a number of years is being wasted by players with no heart, desire, or sense of purpose and it's pissing me the **** off! :mad:

Mitchy moo
05-01-2007, 10:47 PM
Briere and the gang need to put the efforts in. Think he could of lifted that puck like Ruff told them to do instead of keeping it on the ice? OT then.

PUCKER
05-01-2007, 11:05 PM
First off that NO GOAL was a bunch of BS,because it WAS a goal! :mad:

That being said,if the Sabres dont win Friday,then this series is over in 6. I hope Im wrong,but this team,particularily our GREAT goal scorers need to get the lead out of their ass and in a hurry. You cant expect to score one goal and ask Miller to win it for you. 1 goal will not win ANY games!

chubluv
05-01-2007, 11:23 PM
We need the goose back in the lineup to bring us some needed intensity. Question is who sits ?

OpIv37
05-01-2007, 11:32 PM
We need the goose back in the lineup to bring us some needed intensity. Question is who sits ?

Pick em.

Other than Zubrus, who's actually playing like they give a damn about the cup?

PUCKER
05-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Pick em.

Other than Zubrus, who's actually playing like they give a damn about the cup?

Miller. :up:

OpIv37
05-02-2007, 08:18 AM
Miller. :up:

yeah I forgot about him- he's playing well.

He had absolutely no chance on that second goal because of that horrendous defensive zone turnover :fit:

kgun12
05-02-2007, 10:44 AM
This team was built for speed, not playoff hitting. The only way they win the Stanley cup this year is letting the skaters skate and the few hitters we have hit. Our speed will cause penalties and with 4 line we SHOULD wear them down! If we played the whole game like the last 9 minutes when we were down 2-0, does anyone think the Rangers and their slow defense and 2 1/2 lines could stay with us for a whole game let alone a whole series!

mchurchfie
05-02-2007, 11:50 AM
This team was built for speed, not playoff hitting. The only way they win the Stanley cup this year is letting the skaters skate and the few hitters we have hit. Our speed will cause penalties and with 4 line we SHOULD wear them down!
Tell that to Ruff, he's trying to change this team into an overnight grit team.

SabreEleven
05-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Briere and the gang need to put the efforts in. Think he could of lifted that puck like Ruff told them to do instead of keeping it on the ice? OT then.

This isn't just for that last chance either. ALL of Connolly and Vanek's chances need to be lifted. Both of them tried to slide it along the ice...He covers the bottom too well just like Miller. LIFT THE DAMN ****ING PUCK.

Valerie
05-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Please don't bite my head off for my question/thoughts, but do you think that the team is relying on Miller too much? Granted, I have not watched a lot of Sabres hockey (for starters I don't have the hockey package and the only games I get are the Caps) but Miller seems to be playing pretty well. Do you think the rest of the Sabres are expecting too much from him and not putting enough pressure on themselves?

OpIv37
05-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Please don't bite my head off for my question/thoughts, but do you think that the team is relying on Miller too much? Granted, I have not watched a lot of Sabres hockey (for starters I don't have the hockey package and the only games I get are the Caps) but Miller seems to be playing pretty well. Do you think the rest of the Sabres are expecting too much from him and not putting enough pressure on themselves?

the Sabres whole system depends on a quality goalie because their defense is so involved in the offense- an unfortunate bi-product of their high-pressure offense is that it will give up some scoring opportunities. Now, to defend Miller, he's only given up 4 goals in the last 7.5 periods- that's a great GAA. And in last night's game, one of the goals was coughed up along the boards and passed to Shanahan who was ALL ALONE in front of the goal- Miller never had a prayer.

So, to answer your question, I really don't think so. If anything- over-relying on Miller would cause them to charge harder at the opponents' net without worrying about the potential consequences. But that's not what's happening- they're not skating hard at all.

I think they're relying too much on the "We're better than them" mentality. And it's true- the Sabres ARE better than the Rangers. But the Rangers got here too and the Sabres still have to PROVE it on the ice. This isn't college football- you don't win by ranking alone.

PUCKER
05-02-2007, 04:34 PM

I hope not,because we have the highest offense in the league and when you score 1 goal a game...Im sorry,but 1 goal will not win you ANY games and I dont care what team it is. Miller can only do so much and I cant blame him if he is frustrated with the others. He is doing his job and its about time the rest of the team did theirs.

I just love hearing other people (Not on this board,but others and when Im at work or just wherever) say,"Oh Miller sucks!" Boy do I wanna chop their PUCK heads off! :zapper:

PUCKER
05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the groan! :wave: The truth does indeed hurt,yes?

Nighthawk
05-02-2007, 05:58 PM
they do not hand you the Stanley Cup.....you must earn it, That means playing desperate hockey from the opening face off until the final horn or whistle. You do not begin playing desperate hockey down 2-0 on the road with less than 10 mins in regualtion.....more and more I'm becoming a non-believer because these guys do not want to work hard for Lord Stanley, they want the other teams to give it to them. The best chance this organization will have for a number of years is being wasted by players with no heart, desire, or sense of purpose and it's pissing me the **** off! :mad:

:bf1:

Finally! Somebody gets it! Great post!

HHURRICANE
05-02-2007, 06:36 PM
The Sabres are playing sloppy. No speed, no nothing. Quite frankly even if we beat the Rangers, which I'm starting to doubt, we won't get past Ottawa or NJ.

I agree that if we lose tomorrow night this series is over.

YardRat
05-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Oh ye of little faith.

We've got the Rangers right where we want them.