PDA

View Full Version : Good canidate for bills safety

BillsFanInMass
03-13-2003, 08:36 AM
The eagles released safety Blaine Bishop i think we were interested in him last year i think we could get him for a reasonable price and he knows our defense cause he played it with the titans i wouldnt be surprised if we go after him.

Bulldog
03-13-2003, 09:00 AM
If the Eagles are cutting him after one year, why would Buffalo want him? IMO he is washed up.

don137
03-13-2003, 09:00 AM
No thanks. He is a name not a talent anymore. He was burned in the NFC Championship game against the Bucs. Put a fork in him.

Ingtar33
03-13-2003, 09:02 AM
B.Bishop is a SS... but that’s not saying we shouldn't get him... imagine B.Bishop and Tebucky Jones in our secondary.

Bulldog
03-13-2003, 09:10 AM
I like the sounds of T. Jones, but could do without B. Bishop. What kind of money will Jones make this year? He is still under contract with the Patsies right? Buffalo should wait and see what N.E. plans on doing with him now that they signed Harrison. There is no way they are going to keep that kind of money tied up in the safety position. IMO, N.E. screwed themselves by signing Harrison before they got rid of Jones.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I like the sounds of T. Jones, but could do without B. Bishop. What kind of money will Jones make this year? He is still under contract with the Patsies right? Buffalo should wait and see what N.E. plans on doing with him now that they signed Harrison. There is no way they are going to keep that kind of money tied up in the safety position. IMO, N.E. screwed themselves by signing Harrison before they got rid of Jones.

Im pretty sure they are looking for a trade, I think he is worth our second round pick...

Ingtar33
03-13-2003, 09:14 AM
second... no,

Jones is an average nfl FS... I think a 3rd would be about right

Bulldog
03-13-2003, 09:19 AM
I wouldn't mind that trade either. The reason why I say N.E. screwed themselves by signing Harrison before they got rid of Jones goes something like this.

Alot of people are going to say that Buffalo did the same thing with Price that N.E. is doing with Jones. The big difference is that Buffalo could have played both Moulds and Price and Josh Reed at the same time, while getting value for the money spent on Price's contract. N.E. on the other hand, could find themselves paying both Harrison and Jones decent money while only one of them would be earning their paycheck. IMO, N.E. has put themselves in a tough position.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Jones would be better than anything we would get with our second round pick, and would be a great peice of the puzzle for our "D" I just dont want to give our top 2 picks to a DIV rival in the same year.

venis2k1
03-13-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ingtar33
second... no,

Jones is an average nfl FS... I think a 3rd would be about right

a third is about right, but im sure there is some team willing to give up a 2nd for him. I thought Price was only worth a 2nd at most, but we found a team that wanted him enough.

TigerJ
03-13-2003, 09:50 AM
In Eddie Robinson, I think Buffalo had its experiment with former Titans players who know the system but no longer have enough gas in the tank to be effective.

Tatonka
03-13-2003, 10:07 AM
i think bishop is very much like robinson at this point in his career... i wouldnt mind him as a back up though..

bishop was replaced the rookie, lewis in philly.. during the season.

simpletask400
03-13-2003, 10:57 AM
we need into's plain and simple. we have 2 run defenders and safety. dont "break the bank" on knight but if we can get him, get him. we need a ball hawk, coy doesnt have to play every down.

Mr. Miyagi
03-13-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog
I wouldn't mind that trade either. The reason why I say N.E. screwed themselves by signing Harrison before they got rid of Jones goes something like this.
Last year NE went out and bought like 14 TEs. This year they are going with safeties.

PA Season Ticket Holder
03-13-2003, 12:35 PM
OMG, Blaine Bishop is done with. I'm glad we didn't sign him last year. I remember some people being upset about him going to the Eagles.

lordofgun
03-13-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by simpletask400
we need into's plain and simple. we have 2 run defenders and safety. dont "break the bank" on knight but if we can get him, get him. we need a ball hawk, coy doesnt have to play every down.

Welcome to the boards, simple!

BigMike68
03-13-2003, 01:03 PM
We would definatly be WAY better off getting Cuse grade Tebucky Jones rather than a washed up Blain Bishop to replace Pierson.