PDA

View Full Version : Didn't want to see the goal but...

elltrain22
05-02-2007, 07:22 PM
I had to work last night, and forgot to teevo the game :oops: As soon as I got home, I turned to Vs, and they were talking about "controversy in New York", and I already had a bad feeling. About 2 sec's later, they went to commericial so I looked up the score on Yahoo. Immediately, I said that it would be best not to even see what happened b/c I knew it would really piss me off that much more. Well, of course I broke down and watched it, and truthfully, I am 100,000 % more pissed than I ever thought I would've been. That was a ####'ing goal!!! How could it not be, it crossed the line, anyone w/ a half a brain could see that. I don't believe in conspiracies in sports, but after seeing that its cause to start thinking that way. Why does this stuff always happen to us Buffalo fans??? Not just in hockey, but football, and every sport. I just want the city of Buffalo to win 1 major sports championship before I die!!!

With all that said, I'll bet $$$ that we play our best game of the series game 5!!!

Typ0
05-02-2007, 11:12 PM
anyone with half a brain could assume it was a goal...but the rules were followed properly.

JD
05-03-2007, 03:07 PM
anyone with half a brain could assume it was a goal...but the rules were followed properly.
But goals like this arnt all too rare.. how about when Hasek saved the puck the one year for us but his momentum drifted into the net, half of his glove cross the goalline and they called it a goal after it was ruled no goal initially..

or vaneks goal, there wasnt a CLEAR shot to show that it was a goal. but you could assume, even with a brain of a 1st grader that it was over the line.

the nhls lack consistency within its high ranks is what kills this league.

Typ0
05-03-2007, 06:14 PM
But goals like this arnt all too rare.. how about when Hasek saved the puck the one year for us but his momentum drifted into the net, half of his glove cross the goalline and they called it a goal after it was ruled no goal initially..

or vaneks goal, there wasnt a CLEAR shot to show that it was a goal. but you could assume, even with a brain of a 1st grader that it was over the line.

the nhls lack consistency within its high ranks is what kills this league.

didn't the ref call that a goal on the ice? That's the difference here and doesn't indicate any inconsistency. had the ref called it a goal the other night they would have been looking for definative evidence that it wasn't a goal instead of it was a goal.