PDA

View Full Version : I am very optimistic about this team...

elltrain22
05-02-2007, 07:50 PM
I hope I don't sound to un-objective here, as I will totally try not to be, but I really think this team, this year, has a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. Yes, there are many question marks, but I believe our team will overcome these obsiticles and post a 9 or 10 win season for these reasons.

1. I have faith in our coaching staff. They're smart, so far are good at developing talent, and devise good game plans against good & bad teams.

2. I really like our young nucleus of players. Losman, Evans, Crowell we all know about, but guys like Youboty, Poz, Lynch, Parrish, Royal, and others are all very promising w/ respect to talent.

3. Our O-line, which has been this teams achilles heal, finally is going to be, at worst, a decent line. We will be able to run the ball, like we have wanted to for years, which will then really open up our passing game.

4. JP is on the verge of breaking out. We all saw it last year, especially towards the last 6-7 ball games. He has struggled versus the good teams, but w/ our new & improved line, all the optimism in the world comes w/ Losman.

5. Many will say our dee is horrible w/ what we have lost, and considering what we have replaced it w/ but I honestly believe we will be better than last year. I still think we are very far away from being a top 10 dee, but I don't see us being near the bottom like last year.

6. All we did last year, was play teams close, and all we gotta do is learn how to win those close games, which I think can happen. I realize this is easier said then done, but once again, I have faith in our coaching staff.

7. The Bills have the best fans in pro sports!!!
==========================================================

I am certain that some will read this and say that I am being way too optimistic, which I may be guilty of, but I will always look at my teams w/ the glass half full. Go Bills, Go Sabres!!!!!

HAMMER
05-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Nice post E-Train, GO BILLS.

OpIv37
05-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I hope I don't sound to un-objective here, as I will totally try not to be, but I really think this team, this year, has a legitimate chance to make the playoffs. Yes, there are many question marks, but I believe our team will overcome these obsiticles and post a 9 or 10 win season for these reasons.

1. I have faith in our coaching staff. They're smart, so far are good at developing talent, and devise good game plans against good & bad teams.

2. I really like our young nucleus of players. Losman, Evans, Crowell we all know about, but guys like Youboty, Poz, Lynch, Parrish, Royal, and others are all very promising w/ respect to talent.

3. Our O-line, which has been this teams achilles heal, finally is going to be, at worst, a decent line. We will be able to run the ball, like we have wanted to for years, which will then really open up our passing game.

4. JP is on the verge of breaking out. We all saw it last year, especially towards the last 6-7 ball games. He has struggled versus the good teams, but w/ our new & improved line, all the optimism in the world comes w/ Losman.

5. Many will say our dee is horrible w/ what we have lost, and considering what we have replaced it w/ but I honestly believe we will be better than last year. I still think we are very far away from being a top 10 dee, but I don't see us being near the bottom like last year.

6. All we did last year, was play teams close, and all we gotta do is learn how to win those close games, which I think can happen. I realize this is easier said then done, but once again, I have faith in our coaching staff.

7. The Bills have the best fans in pro sports!!!
==========================================================

I am certain that some will read this and say that I am being way too optimistic, which I may be guilty of, but I will always look at my teams w/ the glass half full. Go Bills, Go Sabres!!!!!

1. Agree on the game plans but their in-game decision making is very questionable. I'm not sold but they have potential.

2. The youth on our team suggests they will get better, but who knows if it will happen in time for anything this year. And Royal sucks.

3. The OL is improved but I always approach this with trepidation. There were numerous unsuccessful attempts to fix the OL during this rut we're in. I'm not saying that's going to happen this time- I'm saying I'll believe it when I see it.

4. JP is a gunslinger- if he can continue to protect the ball well like he did in the second half of last year and improve on short/touch passes, he'll be fine. I don't expect him to ever be dominant, but he looks good enough to win games.

5. I don't see any reason to believe this D will be any better. We lost too much and are relying too much on 2nd year players stepping it up. Right now, our DL is the biggest flaw in this team, and that's not good given the style of D we play. And the CB situation is shaky as well. I really think the D will hold us back this year.

6. in the age of "salary cap parity" the biggest difference between good teams and bad teams is the ability to win close games. We'll be a good team when we learn to seal the deal more often than not. One of the most frustrating aspects of this team last year was the ability to hang for 3+ quarters only to blow it at the end.

7. No argument there.

Typ0
05-02-2007, 09:05 PM
all I can say is this is the time of year to be talking about the Bills making the playoffs next year...might as well get some enjoyment out of being a fan.

DANMAN
05-02-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice post!

I am optomistic too. But I have doubts about us makeing the playoffs.

This is as good as I have felt about the whole Bills organization/team since the Super Bowl years.
Really, top to bottom. Marv as GM has made such a difference.

The coaching staff I think is the best it's been in a long time.

I think that JP will improve with the whole Offense.

Our running game will be much better this year, haveing been helped greatly by the draft.

I feel better about our O-line now than I have since Kent Hull retired.

If Poz is the real thing and Youboty can do a decent job we could improve some defensivly. Poz will be the only rookie starting on defense this year, last year we had 5.

Did I mention that we have the best special teams in the league. Bobby April is the new Bruce DeHaven, maybe even better. Lindell and Moorman are both good and reliable.

Go Bills!
Go Sabres!

Spiderweb
05-03-2007, 12:26 PM

We better be able to run the ball effectively because neither Dockery or Walker are known as pass protection stars....The only semi-proven pass blocking lineman is Peters so far.

Night Train
05-04-2007, 02:37 AM
I like what I see long term. 8-9 wins would be a step forward and I hope to see a certain type of gameplan. A team that can run the ball or throw the short stuff to the RB's,WR's to move the chains. That sets up several shots downfield to Evans. Losman needs to progress in his all around game. Get Lynch,A-Train and Wright the ball and take advantage of a big OL built for running the ball.

That equals our D being on the field less and keeping our games close. The D is a question mark and I won't make a prediction either way until I see them. Needed changes have been made and improvement is the hope.

Yasgur's Farm
05-04-2007, 05:50 AM
I'm with you elltrain... 10 wins and the playoffs it is.

!Papacrunk!
05-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Good things are happening, expecations are starting to grow. A lot of things are happening in the positive that the Bills shouldn't do anything short of 10 or more wins. With the positive offseason the Bills have had, anything short of 10 wins and or the playoffs would be a very huge dissapointment. Good luck especially when it comes to no injuries.

bflojohn
05-04-2007, 12:37 PM
The rebuilding is almost over (one more offseason), and then the writing will be on the wall. I really like the Paul Posluszny pick because it rounds out the 6 defenders taken in last years draft! The OL can do NOTHING but improve over the likes of Villarrial and Gandy, and replacing those two with Langston Walker and Derrick Dockery, that is a given, to me!! I really think that J.P.'s development will catipult this team to a new height. The running game has GREATLY improved IMO, and the passing game will be stronger. I always feel that the most improvement comes for second year players, whereby they are mentally and physically much more able to handle the rigors of NFL life..... we'll see!!!!

Generalissimus Gibby
05-04-2007, 12:57 PM
gotta agree ell, there is much reason to be optimistic and I think we have the capability to go 10-6.

Disclaimer (really don't know why I do this, but you pessimists would ***** if I didn't and will ***** if I do): This is only on paper, field results- being reality - may be different.

Now here is why I am optimistic

1: QB, JP has a full year of the current O under his belt and he is not being forced to learn yet another new system

2. RB, Willis the Carcinogen is gone and in his stead we had a very solid and very deep draft and are now very deep and very solid looking backfield

3. OL, We seriously addressed this for the first time since the early nineties and this group looks solid.

4. WR, Lee Evans is again supported by several also rans but they have experience in the system and if we do well this season 9-7 to 11-5 we will be able to land a big time WR to compliment Lee

5. DL, Schobel and Kelsay/Denney look solid at the ends and The Middle of the line is too early to call as Walker and Tripplett will be great pass rushers and the success of this unit relies on McCargo. The D looked competent with him in it last year and if he stays healthy we have our run stopping fat slob. Pray for his health

6. LB, waaaaaaaa, waaaaaa, wwaaaaaa, STFU and stop crying like a baby because this group got younger and better. It is deep, and why are we *****ing about someone like TKO going away? It would be like me moaning because my high school sweetheart married someone else (keep in mind I haven't seen her in four years) and telling the girl I am marrying tommorow afternoon sorry but I'd rather have Carolyn. Also Fletcher-Baker-Butcher-Candlestick maker was vastly overrated and most of his tackles were horse rides where he simply wore the runner out after riding him for five or six yards. Now we are young and fast there and this unit is the strength

7. Okay I won't lie the CBs scare me.

However I think we are going to make lots of progress this year and get into the post-season. Then once we lose, if we don't make the superbowl, the fire marv and Dick campaign reaches new levels of shrillness.

madness
05-04-2007, 03:44 PM
6. LB, waaaaaaaa, waaaaaa, wwaaaaaa, STFU and stop crying like a baby because this group got younger and better. It is deep, and why are we *****ing about someone like TKO going away? It would be like me moaning because my high school sweetheart married someone else (keep in mind I haven't seen her in four years) and telling the girl I am marrying tommorow afternoon sorry but I'd rather have Carolyn. Also Fletcher-Baker-Butcher-Candlestick maker was vastly overrated and most of his tackles were horse rides where he simply wore the runner out after riding him for five or six yards. Now we are young and fast there and this unit is the strength

:spit:

justasportsfan
05-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Good things are happening, expecations are starting to grow. A lot of things are happening in the positive that the Bills shouldn't do anything short of 10 or more wins. With the positive offseason the Bills have had, anything short of 10 wins and or the playoffs would be a very huge dissapointment. Good luck especially when it comes to no injuries.

HOMER!!!

HHURRICANE
05-04-2007, 05:52 PM

Dude, you are a class act!!!

Let's hope that Ricky finds you some players or puts up some numbers for you guys.

thecoordinator
05-04-2007, 05:54 PM

robert royal? lol. he's pushing 30 and has 54 career receptions. that ain't young, and that ain't talent.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-05-2007, 06:47 PM
:spit:

Wedding was awesome. Be back in a week with details of the honeymoon. Tata.

mikemac2001
05-05-2007, 07:31 PM
<---Homer

Bills make playoffs UPSET NE go on to win SB Jp mvp

SABURZFAN
05-05-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm with you elltrain... 10 wins and the playoffs it is.

that would be sweet. :up: