PDA

View Full Version : Larry Tripplett

acehole
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
If any of these UDFA DT shows any promise or upside I think he is gone.
He could not stop the run in indy and he didnt do that great a job here........

Goobylal
05-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Doubtful.

streetkings01
05-02-2007, 09:52 PM
These signings have nothing to do with Tripplett. They have more to do with Anderson and Jefferson, the Bills are looking for a 5th NT.

acehole
05-02-2007, 09:53 PM
These signings have nothing to do with Tripplett. They have more to do with Anderson and Jefferson, the Bills are looking for a 5th NT.

How do you guys feel about him.....he is ordinary at best.

The Answer
05-02-2007, 09:57 PM
If any of these UDFA DT shows any promise or upside I think he is gone.
He could not stop the run in indy and he didnt do that great a job here........

Good Point - Tripplett is definitely on The Answer's radar this summer along with a few other underachieving scrubs and Donablow leftovers.

~The Answer

camelcowboy
05-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Good Point - Tripplett is definitely on The Answer's radar this summer along with a few other underachieving scrubs and Donablow leftovers.

~The AnswerTripplett was signed by levy last year. He is in the 2nd year of a 5 year 18mil contract he's not going anywhere this year. Maybe next year if he underachieves he could be on the chop block.

The Answer
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Tripplett was signed by levy last year. He is in the 2nd year of a 5 year 18mil contract he's not going anywhere this year. Maybe next year if he underachieves he could be on the chop block.

He was a horrible FA signing - and it's no coincidence that Indy let the bum go and they win a superbowl.

Hopefully he's benched even if he makes the team this year.

~The Answer

The Spaz
05-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Christ we bring in a couple of UDFA's and sign a big qustion mark and it's Tripplett's job that's on the block? I think if anyone's job is on the line it's Anderson. More than anything it's just competition and trying to get better at the DT position.

Bmax
05-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Wow ....it's amazing how little football some knows until you read what they have posted....Walker may affect Triplett's playing time not Wright or Harris....

The bills are clearly looking for bodies to fill the NT spot on their Def line..

Williams,Mccargo are in the rotation now..The bills are looking for pre season bodies, potential NFL europa or practice squad players they can develope in the year or so..

camelcowboy
05-02-2007, 10:26 PM
He was a horrible FA signing - and it's no coincidence that Indy let the bum go and they win a superbowl.

Hopefully he's benched even if he makes the team this year.

~The AnswerTripplett is a rotational tackle, i wasn't a huge fan of the signing but with him and walker rotating the under tackle spot. We need McCargo and Williams to step up at the nose tackle position we could have a very effective rotation.

acehole
05-02-2007, 10:57 PM
Christ we bring in a couple of UDFA's and sign a big qustion mark and it's Tripplett's job that's on the block? I think if anyone's job is on the line it's Anderson. More than anything it's just competition and trying to get better at the DT position.

not at all read the post

The Spaz
05-02-2007, 11:08 PM
not at all read the post

I did.

If any of these UDFA DT shows any promise or upside I think he is gone

Night Train
05-03-2007, 02:21 AM
Once again, Tripplett plays the 3 gap, lining up on the outside shoulder of the guard and rotates with Darwin Walker.

McCargo, Kyle Williams & Tim Anderson play the 1 Gap, lining up off either shoulder of the center. This is where a 2 gap run stuffer, projects like Wright or LeRon Harris, would rotate in and out with McCargo.

While Anderson leaving is likely, the guy who may be seeing the writing on the wall, playing time wise, is the overblown legend of Kyle Williams.

YardRat
05-03-2007, 06:14 AM
Tripplett isn't going anywhere...Anderson is gone.