PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Room for Additions

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 04:57 AM
If I counted correctly, the signings of our 7 draft picks, 10 UDFAs and the just acquired Manny Wright will bring our roster to 77, not including Denney (IR) and Peterson and Eakin (NFLE). As I remember, we can go to camp with 85 players, not including NFLE guys.

This gives us room to add 7 or 8 players (not sure if IR players count). We are in a nice position to add some talent.

Night Train
05-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Absolutely.

By claiming a project like Wright, the Bills showed they are still looking for additional players at certain positions. I'm guessing DT,CB,WR and LB. More Vets will be waived and the Bills will take a shot with a few of them.

bigbub2352
05-03-2007, 10:05 AM
i think they will defintley bring in a WR or CB or both veteran that could be cut by or before June 1st, they will do it cause we are so young everywhere, i would luv Keyshawn but i dont think that will happen

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Probably a LB, too. None of our backups appear to be capable of being decent starters should we have an injury.

patmoran2006
05-03-2007, 10:15 AM
At LB.

None of our backups appear able to be decent backups.

we need 1-2 veteran linebackers.. Guys who aren't flashy or expensive, but are capable of actually playing on the defense for long stretches, not just special teams.

You cant go 16 games and expect Crowell, POS or Ellison to miss time at some point.. right now if that happens, we are screwed.

BillsFever21
05-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Quit with the idea of picking up players after June 1st. Especially any players that are worth a damn.

There is plenty of cap room around the league right now. Just about every team is in good cap shape. Not many teams need to release players for cap reasons. If they release them it's because they flat out don't want them on their team for whatever reasons.

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 10:21 AM
I agree, Pat. Stamer, Haggen, Wire and DiGiorgio are all good special teamers, but it is kind of frightening to think of them actually starting at LB.

And while I like Ellison, I wouldn't mind a little competition at that spot.

Michael82
05-03-2007, 10:34 AM
The Bills just added 15 undrafted free agents....according to VCoach! :up:

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 10:53 AM
The Bills just added 15 undrafted free agents....according to VCoach! :up:
Yeah, that cuts us down to 2 or 3 open roster spots, although we can always dump someone if a better player comes along. I like our final list of UDFAs a little better than I did before, though.

patmoran2006
05-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Lets be honest. and this is a rare time I dont actually PURPOSELY aim to be negative...

But there is so much room for additions because in large part, despite having nearly $20 mill in cap room, we did flippin NOTHING in Free Agency outside of day one.

How this team never signed a SINGLE free agent defensively, and then drafted only ONE defensive player until the sixth round is absolutely beyond me..

bigbub2352
05-03-2007, 10:59 AM
I agree LB, what about John Odom, that guy we broguht in here last year, i dont think he was healthy when here, i wouldnt mind lookin at Boss bailey if he is still out there, also i think gettin a wr prospect on the PS should be a priority this year

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 11:17 AM
Lets be honest. and this is a rare time I dont actually PURPOSELY aim to be negative...

But there is so much room for additions because in large part, despite having nearly $20 mill in cap room, we did flippin NOTHING in Free Agency outside of day one.

How this team never signed a SINGLE free agent defensively, and then drafted only ONE defensive player until the sixth round is absolutely beyond me..
I hear you. I thought we might go LB, CB on the second day of the draft.

But this criticism doesn't mean I'm giving up my membership in the Big Homer's Club.:dance:

Bmax
05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
NFL teams are constantly shuffling rosters during the off season.. Remember the bill;s will have a couple of off season workouts where these recently added players will show their skills. If some of them can't cit in in early drills i'm sure the bills will cut them and look for guys via free agency or maybe even trade ...

I agree i would look for a Vet WR and OLB.. for better depth....

Bmax

Typ0
05-03-2007, 06:17 PM
what is our cash to the cap number?

X-Era
05-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Absolutely.

By claiming a project like Wright, the Bills showed they are still looking for additional players at certain positions. I'm guessing DT,CB,WR and LB. More Vets will be waived and the Bills will take a shot with a few of them.

I think it matters who it is and what they want in pay.

I dont see them signing any big namers now.

But I could see them signing young guys for cheap that could compete for a job.

Why not give Youboty a shot instead of signing some older vet to big money. That new player wont know squat on our systems and we would be benching some one who does.

Its one thing when its a rotational player like a DT.