PDA

View Full Version : INteresting ESPN story on LaRon Harris

patmoran2006
05-03-2007, 10:50 AM
With nothing but a bed and a bagful of clothes, a man can stare at a ceiling at night and ponder just about everything. Sometimes, LaRon Harris wondered if he'd ever make a name for himself. And he wondered what name that would be.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
"That's what you stand on, your name," Harris' mentor, Earl Lester Jr., used to say. "People remember you by your name and first impressions. You just have to make the best of both of them."
<o:p></o:p>
It is late March, a long time removed from the day he left Tennessee for his last shot at football at Northwestern Oklahoma State, and Harris is trying to stand on his own. The gigantic kid who yearned to get noticed by the NFL scouts has rabid message-boarders typing "LATE-ROUND STEAL" and "Draft LaRon Harris now!"
<o:p></o:p>
The hulking nose tackle with the once-wandering work ethic is leaner and works out twice a day. Harris is finally in control, it seems, and then he pulls out his driver's license and eyes a name he doesn't know. MORE (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2813421)
==========================================

So much for this we only sign high character guys jibberish. This dude is ******ed! Alright, read the story actually he's had a lot going on. But I guarentee you if Miami signed him you'd be singing a different tune. Good read anyway.

Night Train
05-03-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=126091

Jan Reimers
05-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Great read. I think we all tend to judge people a little too harshly, particularly when they are young, immature kids from tough backgrounds. Sometimes, they can turn it around and grow into good, productive people.

Harris might be one of them - and turn into a helluva player.

OpIv37
05-03-2007, 11:39 AM
whoever goes to training camp should keep an eye on this guy for us.

TedMock
05-03-2007, 12:50 PM
I think this kid is the most intriguing prospect to come out of this weekend for us. If he doesn't make it, he'll be forgotten fast. If he does - maybe we have another Pat Williams in the making. That would obviously be the best case scenario. As for his character - I will never judge a person for making stupid mistakes as a kid. I made many, many mistakes in my youth and young adulthood as well.

TigerJ
05-03-2007, 01:02 PM
Between Manny Wright and LaRon Harris, the Bills are clearly signalling they are open to having a big dude play the one technique position if he's athletic enough. No way will both of them stick and it's far from a sure thing that either one will, but at least the Bills are looking. BTW Pat, smart people do some awfully stupid things sometimes. I don't know how smart Harris is, but he has clearly recognized that he's done some awfully stupid things in the past, and that is sometimes a first step to becoming a lot smarter.

jamze132
05-03-2007, 04:23 PM
Sounds like he could be the second coming of Jason Peters.