PDA

View Full Version : Edwards sick HS numbers

HAMMER
05-03-2007, 02:14 PM
"As a senior, Edwards was named the CCS Player of the Year by the San Jose Mercury News, first-team All-State by Cal-Hi Sports, All-League, DeAnza League MVP and All-CCS. He completed 154 of 213 (72.3 percent) for 2,535 yards, 29 touchdowns and three interceptions during his final year. As a junior, he was named first-team All-League, All-CCS, All-State Underclassman and All-American. He set a state record with a completion percentage of 78.1 (125 of 160), as he threw for 2,529 yards, 29 touchdowns and just four interceptions."

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/2007/edwards_trent

THATHURMANATOR
05-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Don't pretty much all NFL players have crazy HS #s?

T-Long
05-03-2007, 08:35 PM
I live right next to him out here in San Jose, CA and I coach a baseball team who he played while he was in high school. They told me that Edwards was UNREAL in high school and the only reason he went to stanford was b/c of Ty Willingham and staying close to home. They said he was absolutely unstoppable...just a lil FYI.

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 08:38 PM
I have high hopes for the kid. If he doesn't pan out it means J.P. is doing the job and we are winning. Or if he does see some time and does well we have have a future starting QB and or a trade piece.

Mitchy moo
05-03-2007, 08:41 PM
I live right next to him out here in San Jose, CA and I coach a baseball team who he played while he was in high school. They told me that Edwards was UNREAL in high school and the only reason he went to stanford was b/c of Ty Willingham and staying close to home. They said he was absolutely unstoppable...just a lil FYI.

Good to know, hopefully he makes a great 2nd option.

HHURRICANE
05-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I was really fast in HS. I'm going to try and walk on to get Evans job. What do you think?

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 08:45 PM
I was really fast in HS. I'm going to try and walk on to get Evans job. What do you think?

Are you a pro athlete?

HHURRICANE
05-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Are you a pro athlete?

No, but I stayed at a Holiday Inn Select last night.

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 08:50 PM

I really was expecting that...lol.:lol:

BillsFever21
05-03-2007, 09:05 PM
What did his college numbers look like though? A bunch of injuries and more interceptions then TD's in most of the seasons.

He was the SIXTH QB taken in the draft. He is nothing special. If he works out and we can fool a team into thinking he has a future and get a draft pick for him then it will be a good draft pick.

The Troll Master
05-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Trent Edwards > Peyton Manning

Goobylal
05-03-2007, 10:06 PM
What did his college numbers look like though? A bunch of injuries and more interceptions then TD's in most of the seasons.

He was the SIXTH QB taken in the draft. He is nothing special. If he works out and we can fool a team into thinking he has a future and get a draft pick for him then it will be a good draft pick.
Apparently 20 of his 33 INT's were flubbed by his receivers. He had one of the worst supporting casts in Div-I football.

HAMMER
05-03-2007, 11:53 PM

Nearly an 80% completion percentage? That is far better than crazy.

Carlton Bailey
05-04-2007, 12:22 AM

Damn, man, you blew the joke. It's Holiday Inn Express.

mikemac2001
05-04-2007, 03:27 PM

best thing i heard/read all day had me cracking up

madness
05-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Marshawn "Money" Lynch's H.S. numbers...

In his 2003 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003) season, Lynch was voted a PrepStar and SuperPrep All-American and was also voted as the San Francisco East Bay Player of the Year in which he amassed 1,722 rushing yards and 23 touchdowns in only 8 regular season games, and an additional 375 rushing yards and 10 touchdowns in 2 post-season games.

Crap! He was averaging 215 yds and almost 3 TD's per game.

elltrain22
05-04-2007, 07:08 PM
When I initially saw that we drafted him, my initial thought was; oh okay, but now, I am very happy w/ the move. I kinda almost thought that this was a move partially (key word here) to create trade bait if Edwards performs well. Think about it, what position do all NFL teams covet the most?? QB of course. Here's my rationale. Who were we so rumored to be traded w/ this offseason?? San Diego for Michael Turner, a BACKUP running back. What were we willing to give up or what was the asking price? At the very least, a 2nd round pick, which didn't pan out, b/c San Diego smartly (IMO) played hard ball. Now, I realize Edwards may not ever carry the same kinda status as Turner, and may even be an average QB, but I like that gamble that the Bills took at getting him. It's a nice safety plan, plus, if he steps in and shines (ala Matt Shaub) we will have teams calling us about him.