PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sign ANOTHER RB/STer - Josh Scobey

Michael82
05-03-2007, 03:37 PM
After drafting a pair of running backs in last weekend's draft the Bills have addressed their offensive backfield further signing free agent running back Josh Scobey.

Scobey, a four-year veteran made a free agent visit to Buffalo last month. He played for Seattle last season serving as running back depth for the Seahawks.

Scobey has not had much work as a running back in the league with just 27 career carries, all of which came in 2004 while with the Arizona Cardinals. His 19 career receptions also came while playing for Arizona between the 2003 and 2004 seasons.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4768

Mr. Miyagi
05-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Not so sure about this guy. Shaud might be able to beat him out.

Gunzlingr
05-03-2007, 03:42 PM
Sign 'em all let Marv sort 'em out!

Michael82
05-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Not so sure about this guy. Shaud might be able to beat him out.
:rofl: Good point. Either way, it seems like Bobby April is going to have a big say in the team again. I see us keeping quite a few guys for special teams. :up:

T-Long
05-03-2007, 03:46 PM
22 yard kick return average and led the special teams in tackles?

He is WAY better than Shaud

Carlton Bailey
05-03-2007, 03:48 PM
There's our Andre' Davis replacement on special teams.

The Answer
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
After drafting a pair of running backs in last weekend's draft the Bills have addressed their offensive backfield further signing free agent running back Josh Scobey.

Scobey, a four-year veteran made a free agent visit to Buffalo last month. He played for Seattle last season serving as running back depth for the Seahawks.

Scobey has not had much work as a running back in the league with just 27 career carries, all of which came in 2004 while with the Arizona Cardinals. His 19 career receptions also came while playing for Arizona between the 2003 and 2004 seasons.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4768

Good by Suck Williams - even this scrub is better than you!

~The Answer

jamze132
05-03-2007, 04:19 PM
:rofl: Good point. Either way, it seems like Bobby April is going to have a big say in the team again. I see us keeping quite a few guys for special teams. :up:
I agree and this is why...

Marv knows that we aren't exactly going to have a great offense and defense. That makes it crucial to have outstanding special teams to counter some of the lackluster play we should probably expect, especially from the defense.

We have had one of the better, if not the best special teams over the last 2-3 years and there is no reason to stop that now. Our ST has kept us in a lot of games and if they continue to do that, we will start to pull out some of our MANY close games.

We are so close and we must maintain out level of ST play in order to take a step forward.

BILLSROCK1212
05-03-2007, 04:26 PM
I love this guy!!!! This gives Fred Jackson another year to develope into our potential long-term backup to Marshawn Lynch with Dwayne Wright and can let us get rid of Shaud Williams who pretty much served no purpose to us.

bigbub2352
05-03-2007, 04:32 PM
good signing more depth at rb, big back, ST ace with speed, i will take him over Shaud and Fred anyday

TigerJ
05-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Shaud Williams and Josh Scobey are very different running backs. Schaud's strength is that he is allegedly elusive. I say allegedly because I don't buy that he has much of anything special as a running back. He is small and not particularly fast. Scobey is bigger, and actually very fast, but as a running back does not have much in the way of vision. If he starts out in a certain direction and a knot of players is in the way, he runs into them, which is why, with his measurables he has gotten almost no carries at running back in his career. If they could teach vision and wiggle, Scobey could be a star in this league. We'll see if there is anything more to him than a special teamer.

Michael82
05-03-2007, 05:03 PM
I love this guy!!!! This gives Fred Jackson another year to develope into our potential long-term backup to Marshawn Lynch with Dwayne Wright and can let us get rid of Shaud Williams who pretty much served no purpose to us.
Fred Jackson?!?! He's gone! :lmao:

BILLSROCK1212
05-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Fred Jackson?!?! He's gone! :lmao:idk....i think we like this guy to be oen of our back ups for many years to come

Michael82
05-03-2007, 05:37 PM
idk....i think we like this guy to be oen of our back ups for many years to come
You do realize that we already have 3-4 players that will staying on as an RB.....

Marshawn Lynch
Anthony Thomas
Dwayne Wright
Josh Scobey (I think he'll make the team for his special teams ability)

I don't see a spot for either Shaud Williams or Fred Jackson. Only thing I could see is Jackson on the Practice Squad again.

camelcowboy
05-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Shaud Williams and Josh Scobey are very different running backs. Schaud's strength is that he is allegedly elusive. I say allegedly because I don't buy that he has much of anything special as a running back. He is small and not particularly fast. Shaud's strength is that when marv buys him dinner he orders off the childerns menu.

jamesiscool
05-03-2007, 06:13 PM
SHAD WILLIAMS IS THE ****ING MAN!

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 08:39 PM
Bye Shaud...

casdhf
05-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Who cares if Shaud or this guy makes the team? They're the same player.

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 08:46 PM
Who cares if Shaud or this guy makes the team? They're the same player.

Scobey is a proven special teams ace player and shaud is just a special er um player....yeah...lol

patmoran2006
05-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Can he play linebacker or corner too?

lol. ANOTHER RB. (he'll beat out Shaud and make the team) though I thought that was already the case with Dwayne Wright.

The Troll Master
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
The Troll Master misses Jonathan Linton.

He was better than LT but we never gave him a chance :-(

camelcowboy
05-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Can he play linebacker or corner too?

lol. ANOTHER RB. (he'll beat out Shaud and make the team) though I thought that was already the case with Dwayne Wright.Who's available on the corner back market? Come on Andre Freaken Wadworth was signed by the jets. Any qb on the market now wouldnt make the bills final roster and thats just sad.

ShadowHawk7
05-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I may be the only one, but I like Shaud Williams. He's a small, yet shifty runner with a lot of heart. It may not matter, but he won't go down as easy as you think this summer.

mikemac2001
05-04-2007, 02:09 AM

do that carlton dance after that post...its true andre davis was not a big deal bc plenty of guy around the league can do it

mysticsoto
05-04-2007, 08:38 AM

I think our new backup safety Wendling is likely to be our next special teams ace. He is fast, strong, and loves to hit! Exactly what you want in a ST player!!!

NC-BILLS44
05-04-2007, 09:31 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10164616

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Free agent Josh Scobey signed with the Bills on Thursday, providing Buffalo depth at running back and special teams.

Mr. Miyagi
05-04-2007, 09:34 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10164616

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Free agent Josh Scobey signed with the Bills on Thursday, providing Buffalo depth at running back and special teams.
Yes so we heard.

Bert102176
05-05-2007, 08:31 AM
I like Shaud