PDA

View Full Version : Meet Mr. Vick-Pit Bull Breeder

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 09:57 PM
This just gets better and better. Turns out that Michael Vick, in the spirit of entrepreneurship, owns a company that breeds pit bulls. Of course, not for fighting (uh huh). And they say there's no 'dog' in him. From today's Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
"A Web site associated with a Michael Vick company, MV7, LLC, professes to be in the business of breeding pit bulls and other dogs as pets not for fighting.

VicksK9Kennels.com states that, "We do not promote, support or raise dogs for fighting and will not knowingly sell, give, or trade any dog that may be used for fighting."

The property Vick owns in Virginia where dozens of dogs were confiscated last week in a dog-fighting investigation is listed as the address for the Web site and the company, 1915 Moonlight Road, Smithfield, Va.

VicksK9Kennels.com is copyrighted to MV7, LLC, a Vick company. Lawrence H. Woodward Jr., Vick's longtime attorney, is listed as the registered agent for MV7, LLC, by the Virginia State Corporation Commission.

In New York for league functions over the weekend, Vick attempted to distance himself from the property and blamed his family members for the activities that attracted law enforcement officials.

"I'm never there. I'm never at the house," Vick said Friday in New York. "I left the house with my family members and my cousin. They just haven't been doing the right thing. The issue will get resolved.

Vick could not be reached Monday through the Falcons. Calls to Woodward's office in Virginia Beach were not returned.

Investigation in the case is ongoing, Christine Golden of the Chesapeake Police Department said Wednesday."

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Here's another one. I am going to be adopting a Cane-Corso Pitbull puppy on Saturday and this makes me sick.

More than a week after an alleged dog-fighting ring was uncovered on property owned by Michael Vick, the Atlanta Falcons still have little to say about their quarterback's potential legal problems.

General manager Rich McKay vowed to take a closer look after wrapping up last weekend's NFL draft, but he has declined to speak further on the case.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/05/03/bc.fbn.falcons.vick.ap/index.html

The Spaz
05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
:monkeyp:Vick

Mitchy moo
05-03-2007, 10:00 PM
If he has a business and it's burning kittens or raising dogs that are fighting dogs it's just wrong. He should know better but given that ron mexico likes to stick himself into many things, things can go wrong.

camelcowboy
05-03-2007, 10:15 PM
Chargers won that trade :up: this Tool over LT lol. Ron Mexico breeds pitbulls to fight.

Jeff1220
05-04-2007, 06:46 AM
I think I know where Joey Porter buys his pets.

Stewie
05-04-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi guys, welcome to last week.

The Spaz
05-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Hi. This was a new article.:up:

gr8slayer
05-04-2007, 09:08 AM
Yeah but just because he was breeding them doesn't mean he had anything to do with the dog fighting. Even if he did have something to do with it you know nothing is going to happen to him.

HHURRICANE
05-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Arthur Blank is totally to blame for all of this. Schaub was a keeper but they can't afford to trade Vick for three reasons:

1) The Falcons have alot of Black fans and he sells tickets.

2) Blank would be admitting, again, that he doesn't belong in the front office.

3) The Cap hit is too huge to facilitate a trade.

Stewie
05-04-2007, 09:19 AM
Hi. This was a new article.:up:

Yeah, so if I write a new article about WW2, that makes it news?

HAMMER
05-04-2007, 09:54 AM
Vick is headed for a suspension.

Meathead
05-04-2007, 10:15 AM
his latin name is dirtbaggicus maximus

elltrain22
05-04-2007, 10:16 AM
I hate Vick, he's one of the most overrated athletes in sports. He's also a 1st class dickhead.

gil
05-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Yeah, so if I write a new article about WW2, that makes it news?

This was a follow-up article with more revelations - occasionally reporters look further into things.

Stewie
05-04-2007, 10:33 AM
This was a follow-up article with more revelations - occasionally reporters look further into things.

Well, no, it was the same revelations PFT, FO and other sites posted last week. In fact, when they were originally reported, Vick's website(s) were all still up and running so readers could check it out for themselves.

Someone at MV7 was paying attention last week, because they took everything offline.

The only thing "new" is the AP finally picked up on the story a week too late.

Either way, Vick is a complete freaking idiot.

RedEyE
05-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Pit Bulls are child killers anyway.

The Spaz
05-04-2007, 12:14 PM
Pit Bulls are child killers anyway.

Yep they just randomly do that with no human influence to scar there personalities.:mad::fu:

RedEyE
05-04-2007, 12:15 PM
C h i l d K i l l e r s

The Spaz
05-04-2007, 12:17 PM
C h i l d K i l l e r s

Tard

North_Coast
05-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Well, no, it was the same revelations PFT, FO and other sites posted last week. In fact, when they were originally reported, Vick's website(s) were all still up and running so readers could check it out for themselves.

Someone at MV7 was paying attention last week, because they took everything offline.

The only thing "new" is the AP finally picked up on the story a week too late.

Either way, Vick is a complete freaking idiot.

The AP story was based on a story from a Virginia source that had much more detail. Apparently the local police, animal control officers, and prosecutors are compiling evidence, and so aren't talking much. The "new" in the article cited in this thread was that the website advertising the kennel is owned by the same company that owns Vick's personal website. Moreover, the address of the kennel on that website as well as the address where the dogs were seized are one and the same.

There are rumors/allegations that 1) Vick was repeatedly seen in the area 2) area humane societies/animial protective groups have complained about the dog fights held at the site for a while 3) some "unnamed" individual purchased 50 or 60 dog licenses.

Stewie
05-05-2007, 07:27 AM
The AP story was based on a story from a Virginia source that had much more detail. Apparently the local police, animal control officers, and prosecutors are compiling evidence, and so aren't talking much. The "new" in the article cited in this thread was that the website advertising the kennel is owned by the same company that owns Vick's personal website. Moreover, the address of the kennel on that website as well as the address where the dogs were seized are one and the same.

There are rumors/allegations that 1) Vick was repeatedly seen in the area 2) area humane societies/animial protective groups have complained about the dog fights held at the site for a while 3) some "unnamed" individual purchased 50 or 60 dog licenses.

And once again, if you go to FO, PFT or any number of football sites, they reported these "new" revelations last week. As in, a week before the AJC and AP picked up on the story.