• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bills232
    Veteran Zoner
    • Apr 2007

Some misconceptions Bills fans have

#1-Terrence McGee is a starting calibur cornerback- This guy would not be starting on about 25 teams. His play has really regressed over the past two seasons.

#2-John McCargo is a capeable starter- The guy played badly last year when given the oppurtunity, and was considered a reach when we drafted him. Manny Lawson and Mario Williams have dissapointed thus far, what makes McCargo different?

#3-Langston Walker must be good because he is massive- Mike Williams ring a bell? I think Langston will be our future RG, and do not think he has the athletic ability to play tackle in the NFL.

#4-Donte Whitner was a great pick- He played well last year(better than Michael Huff), but he is going to need to start making more plays and creating more turnovers if I am going to say that he is worthy of the #8 pick. I still think Ernie Sims or Haloti Ngata(the guy I wanted) was the better choice

#5-Willis McGahee was a bad RB- Say what you want about him, but he was a bruiser in the prime of his career. I know Lynch has similar qualities, but wouldn't it have been easier to just work things out with McGahee and draft someone like Revis?
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Re: Some misconceptions Bills fans have

Yet another piss-and-moaner. Go sit over there with the rest of them.

Comment

• raphael120
      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Bills232
      #1-Terrence McGee is a starting calibur cornerback- This guy would not be starting on about 25 teams. His play has really regressed over the past two seasons.

#2-John McCargo is a capeable starter- The guy played badly last year when given the oppurtunity, and was considered a reach when we drafted him. Manny Lawson and Mario Williams have dissapointed thus far, what makes McCargo different?

#3-Langston Walker must be good because he is massive- Mike Williams ring a bell? I think Langston will be our future RG, and do not think he has the athletic ability to play tackle in the NFL.

#4-Donte Whitner was a great pick- He played well last year(better than Michael Huff), but he is going to need to start making more plays and creating more turnovers if I am going to say that he is worthy of the #8 pick. I still think Ernie Sims or Haloti Ngata(the guy I wanted) was the better choice

#5-Willis McGahee was a bad RB- Say what you want about him, but he was a bruiser in the prime of his career. I know Lynch has similar qualities, but wouldn't it have been easier to just work things out with McGahee and draft someone like Revis?

DRIIIIIIIIIINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

#1 - I basically agree.
        #2 - He was a rookie last year who improved each game. DT's take 2-3 to develop. To call him a bust already is dumb. Pat Williams never played his first year.
        #3 - Very possibly correct. McNally needs towork some magic.
        #4- He was a rookie. Ngata looked great with some great players around him. With the importance of safety in this scheme, Whitner makes sense.
        #5 - You dog on Whitner and McCargo and praise the ******? He was a guy that did not want to be here and would not learn the playbook. He was an above average (slightly) RB. He did not play great unless the Jets, Vilma and the 'U' were involved. He was also not the receiver or blocker Lynch is.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• BillsOwnAll
          My IQ Test results came back negative
          • Oct 2002

How can you say Willis was a "good" Running Back???? All he did was get 2 yard carries or lose yards. He could never break a long run, EVERY team in the NFL has a RB that is capable of "breaking the big one" except for us when we had Willis. The guy was dumb, didn't care and is not fast enough to be a top RB in the NFL. So i think its a smart pick to get 2 rookies and hopefully one of em will pan out.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
            Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
            • Jun 2006

Good list Northwesternfan, so lets see what we got

1. Absolutely correct, McGee is an excellent return man and ST player but he is not a starting cb

2. McCargo did look decent and showed potential, and keep in mind that he was a rookie in the early season when he was lost

3. Walker, sorry NWF but you are wrong here. Wait and see.

4. Whitner wasn't a great pick, no he was a brilliant pick.

5. Just plain crazy. Dead Wrong.

1/5 correct. You're improving.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
              • Aug 2005

McGahee may not be a bad back, but he is certainly one of the most overrated players in the league right along with Nate Clements. How can you say anything about McCargo except that he was hurt? Whitner played very well last year and if you remember he did have another pick that was called back on a phantom penalty. I am a little nervous about Walker to be honest. Terrence McGee was awesome two years ago, and I think he is a starting caliber corner. He needs to adjust to the new D like everyone else. You lose.
              SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Half agree. I dont think he's as bad as he was last year (off year) but he's CLEARLY not a #1 shutdown corner. He's "Toast" McGee for a reason. He is a decent #2 but I see MANY problems with him covering the Randy Moss', Chris Chambers and Coles' of the division.> Its going to be UGLY.

Unfair to say this.. He played like what, five games before breaking his foot? I never liked this pick from the second it was made (I wanted Mangold) and I QUESTION whether he is a starting NT, especially the 1-NT spot.... but you cant write someone off based on 5 games as a rookie.. How he plays is indicitive of MARV LEVY because he traded UP for him.. Levy needs to start being held accountable for moves sooner or later.

Langston Walker is a fat peice of **** and he'll be lucky to be starting anywhere by the bye. This will turn out to be one of the dumber moves this team has ever made in FA.. I've asked people who cover the Raiders about him, read countless peices on him, and read many Raider fans opinions on him, and I've NEVER EVER ONCE seen a positive thing written about him other than he's big and he can block FG's... He was a weak link in maybe the worst OL in the history of the NFL last year, and we give him $25 million? That's absurd. I hope he is better at RG because I'll bet anyone he's going to be putrid as our RT.

#4-Donte Whitner was a great pick- He played well last year(better than Michael Huff), but he is going to need to start making more plays and creating more turnovers if I am going to say that he is worthy of the #8 pick. I still think Ernie Sims or Haloti Ngata(the guy I wanted) was the better choice.
                I disagree at this point... Safety is a very important spot in the cover two, especially in run support (Bob Sanders). He was just a rookie and he played very well for one. If he continues to improve, he is a great pick. Given our front seven is swiss cheese, Ngata woulda been the better pick I agree; but Whitner can be a difference maker back there as well. This still might be a great pick.

Willis McGahee SUCKS unless we were playing the Jets. I think he wont do much better in Baltimore. He plays when he feels like playing. Marshawn Lynch is an upgrade from day one. Lynch is one of only TWO players the entire offseason we added (DOckery the other) that is a clear upgrade over what was there last year.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Answer
                  The Plagiarist
                  • Mar 2007

1) Agree - Toast was a 4th round pick for a reason, great return man and would probably excel in the nickel - but as a full time starter he is worthless and will be exposed big time this year without Clements.

2) Disagree - still too early to say whether he's a good player or not, but he didn't look to good before his injury. The Answer hopes he stays healthy all year to truly gauge him in 2007.

3) Agree - Walker came from an even more pathetic oline than Buffalo with the Raiders and he has been turnstile for the most part. However overall The Answer feels he's a better signing that Fat Benny The Penalty was.

4) Disagree - Whitner was solid as a rookie, but remains to be seen whether he was truly worth a top 10 pick or not. He is going to have to step it up big time in 2007 and emerge as the leader of the secondary with Clements gone.

5) Disagree - A bruiser in the prime of his career? LOL Sorry but he was a horrible pick in 2003 and he is never going to be a top NFL RB even if he stays healthy an entire season. He's too slow, takes plays off and is a lockeroom cancer. Good luck Ravens.

~The Answer

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
                    Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                    • Jun 2006

the question has to agree with the answer here. :bills:

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by The Answer
                      1) Agree - Toast was a 4th round pick for a reason, great return man and would probably excel in the nickel - but as a full time starter he is worthless and will be exposed big time this year without Clements.

2) Disagree - still too early to say whether he's a good player or not, but he didn't look to good before his injury. The Answer hopes he stays healthy all year to truly gauge him in 2007.

3) Agree - Walker came from an even more pathetic oline than Buffalo with the Raiders and he has been turnstile for the most part. However overall The Answer feels he's a better signing that Fat Benny The Penalty was.

4) Disagree - Whitner was solid as a rookie, but remains to be seen whether he was truly worth a top 10 pick or not. He is going to have to step it up big time in 2007 and emerge as the leader of the secondary with Clements gone.

5) Disagree - A bruiser in the prime of his career? LOL Sorry but he was a horrible pick in 2003 and he is never going to be a top NFL RB even if he stays healthy an entire season. He's too slow, takes plays off and is a lockeroom cancer. Good luck Ravens.

~The Answer
                      Benny Anderson didn't cost the Bills $25 million, so that's a bad comparison.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• The Answer
                        The Plagiarist
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                        Benny Anderson didn't cost the Bills $25 million, so that's a bad comparison.
                        Yes Neggie - But he's more talented/versatile than Anderson and The Answer will keep an open mind until he plays a game in a Bills uniform.

~The Answer

Comment

• The King
                          Without me it's just Awe so
                          • Jun 2004

Prime of his career the dude has been in the league for what 4 years!!
                          I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                          "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                          You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                          It was all
                          true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                          He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                          mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                            Zero for Zero!
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Answer
                            Yes Neggie - But he's more talented/versatile than Anderson and The Answer will keep an open mind until he plays a game in a Bills uniform.

~The Answer
                            Open minds are discouraged around here.
                            Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Ed
                              • Sep 2002

McNally really liked Langston Walker and only had positive things to say about him. He watched every snap he played for the Raiders last season too. Not saying that that makes him a lock to be great, but McNally is a pretty good OL evaluator. His opinion should count for something.

Comment

Working...
                              X