PDA

View Full Version : The Official Time Warner Sucks Thread!

cordog
05-04-2007, 07:42 PM
So I live down in Erie, PA. I turn on Versus to watch the game. At 7:00 some bull riding chamiponship crap comes on. At the bottom of the screen a messge scrolls saying "The Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Rangers game will not be seen on Versus tonight due to local blackout restrictions" So I call Versus and they tell me that I am in the MSG regional area, therefore the game cannot be shown on Versus. One problem. TIME WARNER DOESNT CARRY MSG IN ERIE!!!! I call Time Warner and they have no clue what I am talking about. Man am I F&#%ing Pissed!!!!! I am switching to Dish immediately. Time Warner has been nothing but terrible since they bought out Adelphia. First they take away NFLN, now this.

Ebenezer
05-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I have DirectV but in defense of Time Warner you don't exactly live in an area where a lot of people are going to be watching a sports network out of NYC except for Sabres games...it probably is not worth their while ($$$) to put it on your system - much like cable subscribers here don't get the Sunshine Network from Florida, jmo.

OpIv37
05-04-2007, 07:47 PM
So I live down in Erie, PA. I turn on Versus to watch the game. At 7:00 some bull riding chamiponship crap comes on. At the bottom of the screen a messge scrolls saying "The Buffalo Sabres vs. New York Rangers game will not be seen on Versus tonight due to local blackout restrictions" So I call Versus and they tell me that I am in the MSG regional area, therefore the game cannot be shown on Versus. One problem. TIME WARNER DOESNT CARRY MSG IN ERIE!!!! I call Time Warner and they have no clue what I am talking about. Man am I F&#%ing Pissed!!!!! I am switching to Dish immediately. Time Warner has been nothing but terrible since they bought out Adelphia. First they take away NFLN, now this.

switch to DirecTV- I'll give you my account number and you can save $50 on the install plus get a free portable DVD player and HD or DVR upgrade.

cordog
05-04-2007, 07:51 PM
I have DirectV but in defense of Time Warner you don't exactly live in an area where a lot of people are going to be watching a sports network out of NYC except for Sabres games...it probably is not worth their while ($$$) to put it on your system - much like cable subscribers here don't get the Sunshine Network from Florida, jmo.

I understand what your saying, when we had adelphia last year, they would broadcast MSG during Sabres games on a local access channel, since TW took over that is no more. Im just gonna have to switch to satelite.

cordog
05-04-2007, 07:55 PM
switch to DirecTV- I'll give you my account number and you can save $50 on the install plus get a free portable DVD player and HD or DVR upgrade.

I appreciate the offer, but DirecTV doesnt carry local channels in Erie. If anything I will switch to DISH

Ebenezer
05-04-2007, 08:01 PM
I understand what your saying, when we had adelphia last year, they would broadcast MSG during Sabres games on a local access channel, since TW took over that is no more. Im just gonna have to switch to satelite.
I hear ya....too bad you can't switch to DirecTV...they have great deals.

lordofgun
05-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Buy the package.

BAM
05-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Time Warner is crap I agree!

Michael82
05-05-2007, 12:35 AM
I am glad they do that in Rochester. I don't have to watch the ****ty Versus feed, I can watch Rick and Jim instead. :up:

RockStar36
05-05-2007, 10:29 AM
They were actually supposed to be blacking out all the Sabres games in Erie but apparently just started doing it last night. Luckily for me I was out to dinner at Damons so I watched Rick and Jim for the first 2 periods and then went to a bar to watch the rest of the game.

Meathead
05-05-2007, 10:38 AM
:lolpoint: cor

cordog
05-05-2007, 04:06 PM
This is the bull crap response I got from TW after I emailed them asking why MSG wasn't offered to us in Erie, when we fall in their market.

Thank you for your email. We always appreciate the opportunity to respond to our customers.

The blackout of Buffalo Sabres hockey games in the Erie area is a decision made not by us but in conjunction with NHL blackout guidelines. We have no control or input over their decision not to allow the fans to watch such pivotal games. I understand and apologize for the frustration that you are experiencing.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. The cornerstone of our philosophy has always been to provide "excellence in customer service" and we will continue to provide the high quality of service you expect and deserve from Time Warner Cable.

Sincerely,

amk

BlackMetalNinja
05-05-2007, 04:12 PM
This is the bull crap response I got from TW after I emailed them asking why MSG wasn't offered to us in Erie, when we fall in their market.

Thank you for your email. We always appreciate the opportunity to respond to our customers.

The blackout of Buffalo Sabres hockey games in the Erie area is a decision made not by us but in conjunction with NHL blackout guidelines. We have no control or input over their decision not to allow the fans to watch such pivotal games. I understand and apologize for the frustration that you are experiencing.

I hope that this information is helpful to you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. The cornerstone of our philosophy has always been to provide "excellence in customer service" and we will continue to provide the high quality of service you expect and deserve from Time Warner Cable.

Sincerely,

amk

Sounds as sweet as the one I got when I emailed them complaining that my local Time Warner doesn't carry any of the games in HD on the Center Ice package. They responded "we'll consider it in the future, thanks for your input."

Dr. Lecter
05-05-2007, 04:19 PM
If you are going to Dish, let me know and use me as a reference so I get savings.

Typ0
05-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Sincerely,

amk

sounds like you need center ice...directv. Use me as a reference so I can get savings please.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-05-2007, 06:05 PM
This is not TW's fault it's Adelphia's when Adelphia was going through the bankruptcy merger with TW/Comcast they had a chance to keep Empire Sports Network and they decided to take it :offair: and put stupid NFL Network on it's place. Empire Sports Network could be seen all over the US. Now that ESN was gone the Sabres needed a network to air Sabres games so they negotiated with MSG and this is what they came up with.

*Blackout Area 1
NYC Tri-state area (including NJ and CT)
*Blackout Area 5
PA and central CT (north and east of Fairfield county)
http://www.msgnetwork.com/Sabres_tv_schedule.jsp

There was talk when TW took over Bankrupt Adelphia that they would bring back ESN but they decided to form there own station TWSN.

SkateZilla
05-05-2007, 06:08 PM
i know, I know MSG is On both Dish providers down here,