PDA

View Full Version : Draft Grade B+ By Footballs Future

Night Train
05-05-2007, 03:27 AM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/afcgrades.html

Buffalo Bills
Best Pick: Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St. 2(34)
Grabbing a talent like Posluszny in the second round is a major steal.
Worst Pick: You really can’t criticize any of their picks. Lynch was a very good pick in the first, and everyone else provided excellent value at their draft spot.
Second Day Steal: John Wendling, S, Wyoming 6(184)
Some had Wendling as high as the late second. While that was too early for him, landing him in the sixth could be a steal. He is big and has all the talent to develop in the NFL.

Overall: B+. The Bills had an excellent first day. Lynch was good value and fills an immediate need at RB. Posluszny and Troy Edwards were fantastic value. On Day Two, Dwayne Wright and Wendling could develop into contributors for the team.

casdhf
05-05-2007, 07:31 AM
This Wendling guy is a freak ... can he push Ko Simpson?

ddaryl
05-05-2007, 08:26 AM

Yes... it may take part of the season but Wendling can very well earn some starts this year IMO.

ShadowHawk7
05-05-2007, 03:31 PM
Doubt it, Simpson was more consistent than Whitner last year. At worst he provided decent depth for both spots.

Nighthawk
05-05-2007, 03:44 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/afcgrades.html

Buffalo Bills
Best Pick: Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn St. 2(34)
Grabbing a talent like Posluszny in the second round is a major steal.
Worst Pick: You really can’t criticize any of their picks. Lynch was a very good pick in the first, and everyone else provided excellent value at their draft spot.
Second Day Steal: John Wendling, S, Wyoming 6(184)
Some had Wendling as high as the late second. While that was too early for him, landing him in the sixth could be a steal. He is big and has all the talent to develop in the NFL.

Overall: B+. The Bills had an excellent first day. Lynch was good value and fills an immediate need at RB. Posluszny and Troy Edwards were fantastic value. On Day Two, Dwayne Wright and Wendling could develop into contributors for the team.

Umm, don't they mean Trent Edwards? :oops:

I agree with them it was a good draft, but how can I put any stock in what they say if they can't even get player's names right?

ZacGriffi~82
05-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I don't think people realize just how raw Simpson was coming out of school. That's why he slipped. He has a tremendous amount of talent and will start for us for a long time.

SABURZFAN
05-05-2007, 08:15 PM

if this guy beefs up 10-15 more pounds,he'll be pushing for an OLB position.

YardRat
05-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Barring injury, the safeties are set for a few years. Just IMO, but...Day one of the draft was pretty decent, Day two could've been better.

Dozerdog
05-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Wendling could very well end up like a poor man's version of Brian Urlacher.

Both were oversized athletic safties in college from mid-major conferences (Urlacher was from New Mexico I beleive) andboth have the size to add more bulk to play LB in the future.

Not that Wendling will be an Urlacher- he could add a few and play LB like Coy Wire

ParanoidAndroid
05-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah....Urlacher played the "lobo" at NM. That was Quincy Black this year. Wendling has a smaller frame than Urlacher does. However, 10 lbs is not out of the question if they wanted to convert him. I would wonder about putting Whitner back at FS and making Wendling the SS.

DraftBoy
05-06-2007, 02:32 PM
what about;

Whitner to CB
Wendling to SS
Simpson stays at FS

ParanoidAndroid
05-06-2007, 04:26 PM
That's another one that ocurred to me also.

Night Train
05-06-2007, 06:05 PM
if this guy beefs up 10-15 more pounds,he'll be pushing for an OLB position.

Yup. I've mentioned it a couple times that his build and playing style mirrors Ellison. He can probably add a few lbs., like Ellison did.

The problem is that he's needed at Safety for now, since only Whitner,Simpson and Leonard show on the depth chart.