PDA

View Full Version : Will we regret passing on Brady Quinn?

happyspermwhale
05-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Call me a pessimist, but I really feel that we made a colussal blunder. First we pass on Jay cutler and leinert last year and now this?

Sorry but we need to wake up and smell reality here.....Losman is 8-16 as a starter and didn't really show much improvement last year either. He's likely a back up calibur QB at best and why did we draft a QB in the 3rd round to replace him when he could have had the next Joe Montana????

Really confused by what's going on with the morons at the bills front office?????

HHURRICANE
05-05-2007, 02:51 PM
:lmao:

Scumbag College
05-05-2007, 03:04 PM
There's a reason Miami, KC, etc. passed on him. I don't think we'll be crying about it ten years down the road.

Mr. Pink
05-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I regret the Browns moving up to draft him. And you're regretting the Bills passing on him? Why?

He's a guy who's never shown up in high profile games. Throws INTs and makes whack decisions. You compare a guy to Joe Montana who lights up Air Force, Army, Navy? Come on now. Fans need to be smarter.

If Marv thought this guy was Montana-esque, he damn well woulda been in a Bills uniform, considering when Levy was in KC he wanted to draft Montana and was outvoted.

The Bills made the right moves on draft day, outside of the Edwards pick, I like it from top to bottom.

Ron Burgundy
05-05-2007, 03:14 PM
What's wrong with Trent Edwards?

happyspermwhale
05-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Nothing but I would have rather had Brady Quinn because he played with Charlie Weis and has the makings of the next great ND superstar like Joe Montana.

Browns are going to be scary good with him.

Mr. Pink
05-05-2007, 03:21 PM

What's right with him? I'll give you he's the third rated passer in this draft by some sources. But it was a pretty weak crop of QB from top to bottom.

Look at his stats, look at his W-L record...plenty of people dissed Cutler for being on a pathetic team but he still had his days where he took over and looked great. Edwards on the very few games I actually saw of him, I'm a junkie and watch whack college matchups on espn, the deuce and the fox sports networks lol, looked like a deer in the headlights constantly. He would hold the ball too long and get drilled.

I understand that his team was garbage, but you gotta learn to throw it away and not try to make something out of nothing. Which he was pretty much unable to do anyways. Great players shine above and beyond the rest of the team...he isn't a guy who really did that.

I understand the need on this team for a third QB, but what we got I don't see as really being much better than what was taken after him. Smith, Palmer, Zebransky, Palko-who wasn't even drafted if memory serves me right. But I'm not gonna harp and say we had a bad draft because we got one guy I didn't like.

Hopefully with some talent around him, if he does ever see the field, he will show why he's supposed to be a talent.

mikemac2001
05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Nothing but I would have rather had Brady Quinn because he played with Charlie Weis and has the makings of the next great ND superstar like Joe Montana.

Browns are going to be scary good with him.

:crazy:

YardRat
05-05-2007, 03:22 PM
I will respectfully disagree. I think Quinn is more comparable to Rick Mirer than Joe Montana.

HHURRICANE
05-05-2007, 03:38 PM
If I've learned one thing from the draft, picking the right QB is nearly impossible. Had the Giants not traded for Eli and just took Rivers how much further along would they be right now?

You just don't know. Trent Edwards, right now, might be the best QB in the draft. You don't know. Tom Brady was taken in what round?

SquishDaFish
05-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I also think Quinn is going to be a great QB better then Russell. But are you on CRACK?? Remember when you smoke the good stuff its Puff,Puff,PASS! JP is our QB get OVER IT!! And how can you say he didnt get better later on in the year right after the OL changes were made. Hes getting better and better and will be in PRo Bowl this year watch and see.

Put down the crack pipe and WALK AWAY!

JJamezz
05-05-2007, 03:56 PM
Losman ... didn't really show much improvement last year either.

Wow... You either don't watch the games, or its time to get a new Rx on those bifocals.. Again, wow!

:coocoo:

ddaryl
05-05-2007, 04:13 PM
the poster has 6 posts.

obviously an imposter stirring the hornets nest some.

Bucky Phillips
05-05-2007, 04:17 PM
Will we regret passing on Brady Quinn?WILL WE STOP TALKING ABOUT PLAYERS WE DON'T HAVE, AND START TALKING ABOUT THE ONES WE DO?

Dr. Lecter
05-05-2007, 04:24 PM

Oh God.

I agree with Burgandy.

Edwards is kinda win-win. JP continues to improve, we can trade Edwards ala Schaub and have a solid back-up for a few years. JP regresses, we have a replacement.

Luisito23
05-05-2007, 05:19 PM
Rookie trying to be cute....:candle: :oops: ......

GO BILLS!!!!!

mikemac2001
05-05-2007, 05:39 PM
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k54/fryman04/coolprofile/Images/Funny_Myspace_Images/images/police.gif

SABURZFAN
05-05-2007, 05:54 PM
Remember when you smoke the good stuff its Puff,Puff,PASS! JP is our QB get OVER IT!!

'ere......... :smoke:

Typ0
05-05-2007, 06:14 PM
according to the bills they had the QB we got rated as high as Quinn. At first I wondered why we passed on the guys last year but figure it was a payroll decision. Had we taken one of the two last year we'd be paying two QBs first pick money on the roster.

gr8slayer
05-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Not a damn thing.

mikemac2001
05-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Not a damn thing.

WHAT HE IS ALWAYS HURT o wait stanford sucked..he will be solid backup for madden to Haha

TigerJ
05-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Brady Quinn is big, smart, athletic, has a strong arm and is inconsistent in terms of accuracy. The fact is Charlie Weiss did not make him into a great QB. When Quinn when head to head with Jamarcus Russell, Russell was head and shoulders better. Now it turns out that Jamarcus Russell is a great QB with off the chart measurables in several areas, but Brady Quinn was the one with the hype, the golden child, the prospect who can't miss. He ended up looking decidedly ordinary in that game and at other times. If Charlie Weiss couldn't do it, someone else is?

Besides which, it is not fair to judge where Losman is now on the basis of total wins and losses. The season coming up will be the first time in his career that he will have the same offensive system and the same QB coach he had the previous season. Buffalo had been experimenting with it's offense, trying to find something that worked since Gregg Williams' first year as head coach. Last season they found it. Part of the problem, of course was Losman. He came out of a bad college program, with mostly bad players around him, bad coaching, and a non-conventional offensive system. You can't blame him for all those things, but they contributed to a long learning curve that got interupted when Mike Mularkey panicked.

We have finally come to a point where we have an athletic, intelligent, instinctive QB with outstanding measurables, who shows both drive and the discipline to work within the system, and you want to dump him for a rookie who had every advantage he could possibly have and still managed to struggle at times. Smart!

bflojohn
05-05-2007, 07:46 PM
I've got it genius, let's draft Brian Brohm and Colt Brennan next year, mortgaging the future just to make you happy! o.K. sport??

bflojohn
05-05-2007, 07:49 PM
Oh, and a question.... how does reality smell? For you, I'm guessing rotten eggs!!

tenplay
05-06-2007, 02:57 AM
It's hard to say anything about this guy except that he really didn't get a chance to flourish at Stanford because of crappy coaches and teams, and numerous injuries from getting sacked so much. Out of high school, he was rated the top qb in the country if I remember correctly. So the potential is there and could pan out if he gets good coaching and isn't still shell-shocked from his bad experiences at Stanford. At least we can assume that he is very intelligent.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2007, 06:16 AM
I believe there is a small group of posters here that will never accept JP as our QB, no matter what he does. If we were to go 19-0 and win a Super Bowl with him, it wouldn't matter.

I'm amazed that some posters ignore his skills, his major improvement last year after being totally mishandled by the previous regime, and his emerging leadership qualities.

X-Era
05-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Call me a pessimist, but I really feel that we made a colussal blunder. First we pass on Jay cutler and leinert last year and now this?

Sorry but we need to wake up and smell reality here.....Losman is 8-16 as a starter and didn't really show much improvement last year either. He's likely a back up calibur QB at best and why did we draft a QB in the 3rd round to replace him when he could have had the next Joe Montana????

Really confused by what's going on with the morons at the bills front office?????

Monumentally stupid post

FlyingDutchman
05-06-2007, 11:02 AM
Sorry but we need to wake up and smell reality here.....Losman is 8-16 as a starter and didn't really show much improvement last year either.

First off, I consider last year his first real year. Second of all he did pretty damn good at 7-9 for a team with a ton of question marks going in, a new system, and douche of an un-productive RB in the backfield...Didnt show improvement?...He was one of the top 10 most effecient QBs in the second half of the season last year. Not to mention of one of the top QBs in passes for 10 or more yards in a system that strives on that. Now you want that inaccurate, product of a good system Quinn here? Youre nuts....

tampabay25690
05-06-2007, 06:52 PM
Quinn never won a big game in ND all the bowl games he was on his A** the hole game...........I would take JP over him any day....

finfan34
05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
montana? i literally just laughed for 2 minutes.....brady quinn is the most over hyped played since brian bozworth. he is certainly a bust

M
05-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Call me a troll

Sure, I can do that.

User Manuel
05-07-2007, 10:02 AM

I love ND, I loved Brady Quinn as ND's QB and the Buffalo Bills will never regret passing on him.

Conversely, I think he will be very good for the Browns. It is all about being in the right place at the right time and Buffalo wasn't that place and this wasn't the time.

As for JP you should watch the game tapes again from the last 8 games of last year. He was actually a pretty good QB. Andd you know what, if he does fail there is always a Trent Green type floating around to replace him.

Cheers