PDA

View Full Version : Cieslak

Marvelous
05-05-2007, 10:37 PM
I made a thread right after the season ended but i put Neufeld down and yadda yadda etc....

-He started at FB against the Ravens and had a few catches. Damien Shelton is a mediocre recieving threat And i think we could use the recieving FB over the mauler Shelton/Gash type. But Shelton is by no means Gash.

-This is why i wanted the kid from Rutgers this year. Oh well....

-I recall Cieslak lighting it up last mini/training camp and really wanna see him get some playing time at FB.. He's not fast enough to be effective as a TE..

-Since our TE situation is looking to mediocre yet again i could see Cieslak being a goto guy for JP, esp when there's a big blitz coming...

Sounds like a simple way to get more overall production from our offense, and a way to get this kid more playing time.. Defenses never prepare for a FB outta the backfield...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/552951

-Larry Centers bailing out Rob Johnson comes to mind. No way will we probably ever see a FB with hands like that but the ideao of a Recieving FB threat is appetizing.... Thoughs guys/gals?

DraftBoy
05-05-2007, 10:54 PM
Cieslak could be a great option at TE, but dont look for him to be a Larry Centers type. We dont profically use the FB in our offense and he would be used sparingly and mainly as only a blocker.

Dozerdog
05-05-2007, 11:45 PM
That kid we Drafted- Schouman I think- He's going to be our H-Back- a TE in the backfield

Marvelous
05-06-2007, 03:42 AM
Cieslak could be a great option at TE, but dont look for him to be a Larry Centers type. We dont profically use the FB in our offense and he would be used sparingly and mainly as only a blocker.
We used Shelton quite a bit last season and i recall 2-3 times he blew it in the redzone.. You speak as though i don't know our offense dude.

That kid we Drafted- Schouman I think- He's going to be our H-Back- a TE in the backfield He is? where'd you hear that? Well if a 7th round pick can replace Cieslak then he must be impressive...woot.. I just want better production recieving wise from the FB position since our TE production is mediocre -average at best..

Night Train
05-06-2007, 04:38 AM
That kid we Drafted- Schouman I think- He's going to be our H-Back- a TE in the backfield

I think the same. Much faster and better hands.

I do think the Bills will run 3 WR, single RB on many plays.

Jan Reimers
05-06-2007, 06:00 AM
He is? where'd you hear that? Well if a 7th round pick can replace Cieslak then he must be impressive...woot..
That wouldn't be a major surprise. Cieslak was a UDFA who has never been too productive.

HHURRICANE
05-06-2007, 08:31 AM
That wouldn't be a major surprise. Cieslak was a UDFA who has never been too productive.

I thought Cieslak looked pretty good last year. I think everyone hasn't been that productive with the crap line we had.

The Spaz
05-06-2007, 08:45 AM
Go H-Backs!:)

DraftBoy
05-06-2007, 02:45 PM
We used Shelton quite a bit last season and i recall 2-3 times he blew it in the redzone.. You speak as though i don't know our offense dude.

Again you arent talking about the same type I am, Center never carried the ball, and we dont throw to our FB like we did when we had Centers. So I wouldnt look for Cieslak to be used as a receiving option out of the backfield, he'd only block. And using Shelton 2-3 times doesnt mean it is a prolific option in our offense.

alohabillsfan
05-07-2007, 07:49 AM
Me thinks the only reason we had a FB last year was the crappy Oline. Me thinks that the Bills base offense this year will be 3 WR,1 TE and 1 RB, ( if the Oline can protect).

Evans Parrish Peters Dockery Fowler Merz Walker Royal Price
JP

Lynch

Marvelous
05-12-2007, 11:06 PM
I was neged for this thread. No wonder i'm in the red..
:lol:

KMA
05-13-2007, 10:20 AM
To me it's disappointing when we are always looking for reasons and ways to fit players that aren't meant for certain roles into them on our team because we don't have the appropriate guys.

B-DON
05-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Everet better step up this year. He could be a huge surprise for us if he ever lives up to any of his potential. He is by far the most athlettically gifted TE we have on this roseter. Plus he is our only TE running under a 5.6 forty. Man our TE's are slow

The Spaz
05-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Schouman should contribute.