PDA

View Full Version : Who Dis? Guess the scouting report-

Dozerdog
05-06-2007, 10:46 AM
Here's two scouting reports One on a guy drafted a bunch of years back(and has a great career going), and we will compare it to the scouting report of a guy we drafted last weekend.

Name the players- first one to get both guys gets 1000 zonebucks

Positives: Terrific all-around athlete with outstanding stamina and endurance. Big, strong, fast and agile. Tough and instinctive with outstanding intangibles. Top competitor. Extremely versatile. Has the best hands on the team and is his team’s best special-teams player and tackler. Was superimpressive at the Combine and was the only one of the potential lottery picks to do all the drills.

Negatives: Did not play against top-flight competition. In a game of specialization, he really has never been locked into a position. Is more of a hybrid type who can play almost everywhere and loves to play all three phases of the game. As a result, he has not fully mastered a position. Would appear to be best suited to be an outside ’backer, but he has never really played there on a full-time basis. May be a little too big for safety in the NFL and has a lot to learn about blocking if you want to play him at tight end.

Strengths: Possesses an outstanding combination of size and straight-line speed. He is thickly built and fills hard versus the run. Shows good closing burst when coming forward. Also can make up some ground when the ball is in the air. He diagnoses plays quickly and shows above average ball skills. A natural playmaker that also seems to come up with clutch plays in crucial situations. Very good starting experience. Has shown good durability throughout his career. He has developed into a leader on and off the field.

Weaknesses: Comes from the mid-major level of competition. Is somewhat stiff in the hips and lacks ideal athletic ability. Shows great speed on a straight-line, but struggles to change directions fluidly in space. He's big but he doesn't play as big as his size would indicate. He is not an explosive striker. He will take some poor angles in run support, which leads to him lunging and missing tackles in space. He also needs to improve his technique as a tackler. He lowers his head too often and seems to be a concussion waiting to happen.

SoCalBillsFan
05-06-2007, 11:10 AM
That's tough...is the first one Sean Taylor or Ed Reed?

I'm guessing the second one is Wendling.

SoCalBillsFan
05-06-2007, 11:12 AM
Actually, the first one is brian urlacher.

Dozerdog
05-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for playing.

$1000 your way!

JJamezz
05-06-2007, 11:15 AM
Actually, the first one is brian urlacher.

Google is your friend!

:D

SoCalBillsFan
05-06-2007, 11:16 AM
Sure is :D hey, the ground rules didn't forbid it!

JJamezz
05-06-2007, 11:18 AM
Sure is :D hey, the ground rules didn't forbid it!

I did the same thing, you just beat me to it! :up:

John Doe
05-06-2007, 12:46 PM
Its surprising that Wendling was available that late.

Pinkerton Security
05-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Google is your friend!

:D

i knew it without google, i've read all sorts of articles about how urlacher was a special teamer and played for the lobos. the only reason i remembered that stuff was bc i was so surprised to find out he did so much in college, as far as returns and stuff goes. wish i had read earlier!

jamze132
05-06-2007, 03:01 PM
Seems to me like ole' Marv knows a thing or two about drafting. But Wendlng has yet to play a down in the NFL so we'll see.

Bling
05-06-2007, 03:11 PM
I know quite a few players that have that exact bio, Dozer. Most of them are selling cars right now.

Ed
05-06-2007, 04:56 PM
I know quite a few players that have that exact bio, Dozer. Most of them are selling cars right now.
Who?

Mr. Miyagi
05-06-2007, 06:10 PM
But why are we comparing Urlacher to Wendling? One is a LB and the other is a safety.

Dozerdog
05-06-2007, 06:31 PM
But why are we comparing Urlacher to Wendling? One is a LB and the other is a safety.They were both safties from the same conference in college.

I'm not saying Wendling will be a perennial pro bowler by any means. I'm just saying both have similar builds, backgrounds, and scouting reports.

Dozerdog
05-06-2007, 06:32 PM

Ex Dolphins?

Dr. Lecter
05-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Ex Dolphins?

Most ex-Dolphins are making the licsense plates that go on cars, not selling cars.