PDA

View Full Version : Tallinder and Lydman

OpIv37
05-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Props to Tallinder for the job he did on Jagr in the series. Jagr had 3 goals, but Tallinder wasn't on the ice on one of them, and one of them was a tip in after Miller didn't completely cover the puck. For the most part, Tallinder played Jagr very well.

Lydman, on the other hand, was totally intimidated by Jagr. On the first Ranger goal today, Tallinder had Jagr shut down twice but Lydman was totally out of position trying to double-team Jagr- that left Nylander wide open. He also took a stupid penalty on Jagr.

What's done is done- I just hope Lydman can avoid getting starstruck for the rest of the playoffs.

YardRat
05-06-2007, 04:06 PM
I thought Lydman played pretty decent throughout the series.

OpIv37
05-06-2007, 04:07 PM
well Jagr definitely got in his head today.

MTBillsFan
05-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Tallinder is stud! He'll be the difference against Ottawa

mchurchfie
05-07-2007, 06:35 AM
For being a wise old veteran Lydman makes some boneheaded plays sometimes.

SkateZilla
05-07-2007, 08:20 AM
erm, looking at my DVR, all but ONE PPGoal was scored vs Tallinder/Lydman, because they both Caved in on the same guy...

Dozerdog
05-07-2007, 08:22 AM
I thought our defense played very well this series. The offense is what dissapeared for 3 games

OpIv37
05-07-2007, 08:39 AM
erm, looking at my DVR, all but ONE PPGoal was scored vs Tallinder/Lydman, because they both Caved in on the same guy...
also at least 2 of their goals were scored by bad clears, and they had at least 2 more scoring opportunities after bad clears but Miller bailed them out.

While I agree with Dozer that the D mostly played well, mistakes like bad clears and congregating on the puck will be costly in the last two rounds.