PDA

View Full Version : West Coast coverage of the Bills

tenplay
05-06-2007, 04:17 PM
The Bills suddenly became my favorite NFL team after they drafted my man Marshawn Lynch. I want to watch him tear up the league this coming season every Sunday. Only problem is that the local networks don't show very many Bill games out here on the West Coast. Is there a DirecTV satellite station that shows all the Bill games? I'm hoping so because I'm locked into dtv for another almost 2 years. Also which online Buffalo newspaper provides the best coverage of the Bills? Thanks. Mike

B-DON
05-06-2007, 04:25 PM
This site has the best bills coverage on the net hands down. You came to the right place.

shelby
05-06-2007, 04:28 PM
DirecTV has the NFL Sunday Ticket:

If Your Team Plays On Sundays, Your Team Plays On NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. See the best plays, last second drives and season defining moments — live on NFL SUNDAY TICKET™. With up to 14 games each week from outside your local area, you can watch your favorite team no matter where you live.†<!-- begin optional target/ordering module -->
<!-- if we have a title, display it-->How to Order

<!-- @integration: backend integration here for dates and discount -->Special Early Bird Offer
Get a head start on the 2007 NFL season by ordering NFL SUNDAY TICKET today for just 5 payments of $49.80. You'll save $20 off the regular season price. Offer ends July 31.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=900044

:welcome: to the Zone!

Don't Panic
05-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Welcome aboard. As for sources (other than this one of course), here are a few:

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?Category=SPORTS03

http://bills.realfootball365.com/

Those two are my favs. The Buffalo News site is good too.

OpIv37
05-06-2007, 06:49 PM
The Bills suddenly became my favorite NFL team after they drafted my man Marshawn Lynch. I want to watch him tear up the league this coming season every Sunday. Only problem is that the local networks don't show very many Bill games out here on the West Coast. Is there a DirecTV satellite station that shows all the Bill games? I'm hoping so because I'm locked into dtv for another almost 2 years. Also which online Buffalo newspaper provides the best coverage of the Bills? Thanks. Mike

welcome.

The only way you're going to get the Bills games on the west coast is buying the Sunday Ticket package. I'm a Bills fan stuck in DC and I've had the ticket for 3 or 4 seasons now- worth every penny.

G. Host
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
I'd check buffalobillsbackers @ BuffaloBills.com - they list bars and other places to watch the game. I'm on West Coast a fair bit and never had trouble catching the game.

Oh and I keep a list of links to Bills news and fan sites:
http://members.cox.net/billswatch/links.html

OpIv37
05-06-2007, 07:04 PM
Well, let me clarify- if you want to watch the games at home, you need DirecTV Sunday ticket. If you want to go to a bar, there should be plenty of places- take G. Host's advice.

G. Host
05-06-2007, 07:11 PM
Nothing wrong with watching the game at home if you have DirectTV already and are willing to shell out the extra money for the ticket. I have watched it at Op's house and he has a nice setup.

I personally do not want to make the decision of TV carrier based on only one thing and since I am a cofounder of a Bills Backers group I do like to view it with other fans.

T-Long
05-06-2007, 09:55 PM
Im the president of the San Jose Bills Backers. If you live near the South Bay, let me know and I can let you in on where we meet for the games.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-06-2007, 10:01 PM
I am President and Founder of the Pumpkin Hook Bills Boosters Club.
PHBBC is now celebrating our 23rd year of existance.
If you cant watch it at a bar the DTV Sunday ticket is the answer.
You can come watch it with us anytime you are in Pumpkin Hook.

(I'm not kiding about Pumpkin Hook)

hammerbillsfan
05-06-2007, 10:02 PM
:welcome: to Billszone tenplay! :cheers:

:gobills:

jpdex12
05-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Man, no one asked the big question yet!

As a big Lynch fan, can you tell us fans who live on the east coast and didn't get a chance to watch his games much just how bad he's gonna rip up the league this year and why you think so?

Most of us have only seen highlights.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

tenplay
05-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Greetings! I am the original poster. Thanks for all the friendly welcomes and helpful info. It looks like I will be moving from Olympia, Washington, down to Sacramento, California (one state capitol to another) this summer because of a job change. So I'd be interested in finding any sports bars and Bill fan groups in the Sacto area.

Re my interest in ML, I've been an avid Cal fan virtually all my life. We suffered through a lot of lean years until the emergence of the exciting Jeff Tedford era. Lynch has been an awesome player for Cal. You will also get excited about his playmaking - running and catching - and his genuinely enthusiastic and humble personality. Sometimes I find it hard to believe myself. But I've been watching the ML show for the past 3 years and am excited to see it continue in Buffalo. My only regret is that the Bills did not pick up CB Daymeion Hughes from Cal in the 3rd round. He would have been much more productive for the Bills than oft-injured Trent Edward from Stanfurd (hated enemy of Cal). Anyway I'm sure a lot more Cal fans will be showing up here as Bills' fans for the same reason as I did. BTW Marv Levy was the Cal head coach way back when (before he learned how to really coach). Go Bears! Go Bills!

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-06-2007, 11:50 PM
What can you tell us specifically about his game? Strengths and weaknesses? And of course welcome to the Zone............

THATHURMANATOR
05-06-2007, 11:54 PM
Welcome Tenplay!

jamze132
05-07-2007, 03:12 AM
I wonder if Lynch can match McGahee's numbers from last year? LOL

SquishDaFish
05-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Welcome to the Zone friend.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
05-07-2007, 05:46 AM
I wonder if Lynch can match McGahee's numbers from last year? LOL

I REALLY want ML to get better numbers then Willis THIS year just so Willis can eat some crow!

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Welcome to the wonderful, heartbreaking, weird, great, etc. world of Buffalo Bills football. You will start to love a football team with as much passion that it will rank right below the love of your family.

G. Host
05-07-2007, 07:36 PM
Greetings! I am the original poster. Thanks for all the friendly welcomes and helpful info. It looks like I will be moving from Olympia, Washington, down to Sacramento, California (one state capitol to another) this summer because of a job change. So I'd be interested in finding any sports bars and Bill fan groups in the Sacto area.

Sundance Bar

5430 Sunrise Blvd
Citrus Heights, CA 95610-7805
916-965-9736
http://www.google.com/maps?hl=en&lr=&q=Sundance+Bar&near=Citrus+Heights,+CA&radius=0.0&cid=38707222,-121280000,17938141007479364019&li=lmd&ie=UTF8&ll=38.666011,-121.272068&spn=0.027343,0.058365&z=14&iwloc=A&om=1

patmoran2006
05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Welcome to the Zone friend.
Are you Bobby Boucher?

mybills
05-08-2007, 06:47 AM
Pat, why do you have jfreeman in your sig? :snicker:

Welcome, ten! :bigwave:

Try to avoid the Raider fans, like I try to avoid Pats fans! :snicker: