PDA

View Full Version : Which rookie are u most excited about drafted or undrafted????

bigbub2352
05-07-2007, 11:38 AM
The Bills this season have a huge rookie class consisting of 23 new bodies for camp this season, which one of these guys do u think will help the Bills this season, and which prospect do u think has the most potential, or do u think has a shot at the Bills opening day roster

I have the obvious of Lynch and Poz, i have stated many times on here about Poz being the Bills pick at 12, and was more than happy when we got him in the 2nd,

as for potential, i really like the Wright pick in the 4th round, he has steal written all over him, just think the options this guys gives us if we go to split backs and send lynch our in the flats, these two will add a whole new and much needed dimension to our ground attack, i would have been happy if we just came out of the draft with Wright as our guy with A-train, now we should have a legitamate 3 headed monster back there, that can pund the ball and get the tuff carries, and move the pile in the redzone and goaline,

any thoughts?

OpIv37
05-07-2007, 11:41 AM
Believe it or not, Poz- because we have so much riding on him. I get the feeling he's going to be a really solid player, but I have my doubts about how long it will take him to adjust to the NFL level- it may be too long for this year.

My sleepers are Wendling and LaRon Harris- those guys are freaks of nature when it comes to physical ability and I really want to see how it translates to football. I suspect Harris might be this year's Martin Nance but I still want to see what he can do.

bigbub2352
05-07-2007, 12:09 PM
Believe it or not, Poz- because we have so much riding on him. I get the feeling he's going to be a really solid player, but I have my doubts about how long it will take him to adjust to the NFL level- it may be too long for this year.

My sleepers are Wendling and LaRon Harris- those guys are freaks of nature when it comes to physical ability and I really want to see how it translates to football. I suspect Harris might be this year's Martin Nance but I still want to see what he can do.

Harris could definetly be the darkhorse of the UDFA's but his lack of production last year scares me a little, but with his size we need him to tie up blockers, Jermaine Cornelius is very intriguing as well and could spell the end to Aiken or Wilson

Don't Panic
05-07-2007, 12:27 PM
Pos is the obvious pick. He will get a great chance to shine from day one. Wright is definitely a dark horse. The CB from Florida could be a surprise (just by making the team).

bigbub2352
05-07-2007, 12:41 PM
Pos is the obvious pick. He will get a great chance to shine from day one. Wright is definitely a dark horse. The CB from Florida could be a surprise (just by making the team).

I think there are 3 Db's from the UDFA's that could get a serious look, Coleman from Clemson, Lewis from FLA, and Stacey Thomas from North Texas i believe, his production was outstanding in college and at 210lbs running a sub 4.5 isnt to shabby, i think 1 CB and 1 Saftey makes the roster for depth purposes and u could see Jim Leonard go bye bye after the Wendling pick

EDS
05-07-2007, 12:58 PM
I think Wendling is a dark hourse candidate to get playing time at both safety and linebacker depending on injuries during the season.

gr8slayer
05-07-2007, 01:01 PM
On our team I'm most excited about Lynch, I have wanted him since the second we let McGahee go.

Most exciting player in the draft to watch will be Ted Ginn. Guy is a threat every time he touches the ball.

patmoran2006
05-07-2007, 01:03 PM
I say POZ.. because not only did we trade up to get him, but we changed the direction of the draft I and nearly everyone else was almost positive we'd go after taking him (no WR or CB).

He really needs to become a star (and maybe he will)

Mr. Pink
05-07-2007, 01:06 PM
On the Bills - Wendling...I think he can be a big difference maker on this team depending on what the coaching staff decides to do with him. Of course, if he's just a special teams demon then this post is utterly useless.

Browns - Eazy E Eric Wright...If he puts his past behind him and concentrates on football, I think he could be the steal of the draft. As much as I hate this draft by Savage and company, I honestly believe that.

NFL - Tie between Patrick Willis and AP, I'm curious if either can live up to their hype. And I want to see what the Browns saw out of AP to justify passing on him.

gr8slayer
05-07-2007, 01:08 PM
On the Bills - Wendling...I think he can be a big difference maker on this team depending on what the coaching staff decides to do with him. Of course, if he's just a special teams demon then this post is utterly useless.

Browns - Eazy E Eric Wright...If he puts his past behind him and concentrates on football, I think he could be the steal of the draft. As much as I hate this draft by Savage and company, I honestly believe that.

NFL - Tie between Patrick Willis and AP, I'm curious if either can live up to their hype. And I want to see what the Browns saw out of AP to justify passing on him.
I can't wait to see Joe Thomas. I think the OL is the most fun position on the field to watch.

TigerJ
05-07-2007, 01:22 PM
I'll go with the obvious one, Marshawn Lynch simply because he has the opportunity to have a bigger impact on the team than any other rookie. I think besides the QB, running back has the greatest potential impact of any player on team fortunes.

I am very much intrigued by LaRon Harris and what he can ppotentially bring to the Bills, but has a lot of competition to even make the team, and I suspect he most likely will end up on the PS this season.

gr8slayer
05-07-2007, 01:23 PM
I'll go with the obvious one, Marshawn Lynch simply because he has the opportunity to have a bigger impact on the team than any other rookie. I think besides the QB, running back has the greatest potential impact of any player on team fortunes.

I am very much intrigued by LaRon Harris and what he can ppotentially bring to the Bills, but has a lot of competition to even make the team, and I suspect he most likely will end up on the PS this season.
I don't think he'll make the team. It's too much of an uphill battle for him. That is unless we do something crazy and release Tripplett or something.

Saratoga Slim
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't think he'll make the team. It's too much of an uphill battle for him. That is unless we do something crazy and release Tripplett or something.

I think Harris is a total long shot as well. I don't think we're even contemplating releasing Triplett, but I think the 5th DT spot is very much up for grabs.

I'd be pumped if Harris or Manny Wright showed enough to unseat Timmy the Tool Time Anderson.

BILLSROCK1212
05-07-2007, 01:37 PM
i am excited about everyone except CJ Ah You

gr8slayer
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
I think Harris is a total long shot as well. I don't think we're even contemplating releasing Triplett, but I think the 5th DT spot is very much up for grabs.

I'd be pumped if Harris or Manny Wright showed enough to unseat Timmy the Tool Time Anderson.
Sadly I don't think Anderson will be gone.

BILLSROCK1212
05-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Sadly I don't think Anderson will be gone.
he doesn't have a bad reputation around the league that's for sure

YardRat
05-07-2007, 01:55 PM
1. Poz.
2. Lynch.
3. Wright.
4. Wendling.
5. Shouman.

LtBillsFan66
05-07-2007, 02:43 PM
Lynch

bigbub2352
05-07-2007, 02:53 PM
i have been reading nothing but good things about the kid we drafted in the 7th round Shouman, i guess he is a Chris Cooley clone, and does all the little things, if u read on buffalobills.com most of the people who did reveiws of our draft pointed him out as an excellent 7th round find

Ebenezer
05-07-2007, 02:54 PM
Lynch
Poz
Shooman

G. Host
05-07-2007, 07:53 PM
John Wendling for I think the cover 2 needs a hard hitting safet. When the WRs go over the middle looking for the sweet spot, the safety is big and strong enough to make the WR think twice and hesitate.

acehole
05-07-2007, 08:22 PM
I think the inside linebacker Washington makes the roster + One of the DT.
Look for the Bills to take best available DB off a practice squad.

TigerJ
05-07-2007, 11:15 PM

I think Buffalo will carry five DTs: Tripplett, Walker, Williams, McCargo, and ?
Anderson is the incumbent. Jason Jefferson is also on the roster, but I think he is a total throwaway, a scrub the Bills will not think twice about letting go. It's conceivable that by putting on the extra weight Anderson will be more effective, but I think he can be considered vulnerable to a challenge. If Manny Wright can keep his head on straight, he probably has the inside track at beating out Anderson, if anyone does. I agree that Harris probably has about as much chance of making the 53 man roster as Jason Jefferson has of beating out Darwin Walker for a roster spot, but if the Bills are sufficiently intrigued by his athleticism, I could see them carrying hime on the PS for a year or so to see if he can develop, kind of like Eric Bassey at CB last year.

Bert102176
05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Lynch is the only guy that won't be a career 2nd and 3rd streengers

DraftBoy
05-08-2007, 11:08 AM
None of our draft guys really excite me, Im more excited about the TC battles and watching our UDFA's battle it out esp Cornelius.

The Spaz
05-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Lynch and Pos baby!!

bigbub2352
05-08-2007, 12:11 PM
I am starting to think that maybe Thadeous Washington is gonna get a shot, he was ranked to be a 4th to 5th round pick in 3 draft books i had, and the Bills brought him in before the draft for an interveiw, he could be a stud ST and depth guy, he was a tackling machine in college, we definetly have a few players that will be worth watching thru TC i agree with u draftboy, it is always fun to see who is the next generations of Jabari greer, Jason peters, John Digirgio

dannyek71
05-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Welding + Edwards. I think Edwards will show things in the preseason.

elltrain22
05-09-2007, 09:35 AM
Well, obviously Lynch & Pos are the most exciteable b/c they are the most marketable names that we drafted, but the #1 guy I am excited to see b/c of his upside is John Wendling. I follow college football very closely, and honestly, I had never heard too much on this guy, so naturally when we drafted this guy, I was initially questioning the pick. The more and more I read on this guy, the more I like him. I can't remember which person posted this, but someone on Billszone posted Urlacher's scouting report as a rook & Wendling's s.r. and they read almost identical. Wendling seems like a freakish athlete, and I also think he is a very smart football player, which carries alot of weight IMO. I also am excited to see how Trent Edwards will do for us. Granted, he won't see the field much this year, but IMO, I like what he brings to the table. I am very satisified w/ Losman as our qb, but its always nice to have an insurance policy.

justasportsfan
05-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Definitely Lynch. I've been waiting for a rb that can run and catch. We've longed for a qb to replace Kelly and although I'm not saying JP is the guy, I've also been waiting for a rb to replace Thurman.

Hopefully Lynch can be what Jones-Drew , Steve Jackson, and LT are to their respective teams. They make life so much easier for their qb's because of their catching ability.

madness
05-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Lynch and Pos baby!!

All the way! It seems these two developed a chemistry even before the Bills drafted them. I think they both are really going to push each other to be better. The battle in TC between these two could be awesome to watch. Remember, Marshawn said he's up 1-0 and I'd expect Poz to even the score pretty quickly.

They both have the potential to be very good players and having that bond to bridge between our offense and defense is always a good thing come game day. It's crazy to even think this, but it's almost like Marv engineered it all to go down that way.