PDA

View Full Version : Culpepper's Adoptive Mother Dies

gr8slayer
05-07-2007, 03:29 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/05/06/bc.fbn.obit.emmaculpepp.ap/index.html

OCALA, Fla. (AP) -- Emma Culpepper, the adoptive mother of Miami Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper, has died. She was 92.

Daunte Culpepper told The Associated Press his adoptive mother died at her home in Ocala on Saturday. The cause of death was not immediately known, but Daunte Culpepper said she suffered from Alzheimer's disease.

He said Emma Culpepper raised as many as 15 children, none of whom was biologically hers.

shelby
05-07-2007, 03:47 PM
:(

Gunzlingr
05-07-2007, 04:09 PM
I hate that ****head, but the woman did a lot of good.

justasportsfan
05-07-2007, 04:11 PM
RIP

gr8slayer
05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
I hate that ****head, but the woman did a lot of good.
Yeah, very sad.

YardRat
05-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Bummer.

Canadian'eh!
05-07-2007, 04:46 PM
She raised 15 kids and none were hers?

The optomist in me says she must have been a wonderful woman.

The pessimist wonders if that was a social assitance scam.

not sure which side wins out in me :(

justasportsfan
05-07-2007, 04:59 PM
She raised 15 kids and none were hers?

The optomist in me says she must have been a wonderful woman.

The pessimist wonders if that was a social assitance scam.

not sure which side wins out in me :(
If it kept those kids out of the streets then more power to women like her.

don137
05-07-2007, 05:09 PM
If she adopted them she gets squat from the state unless she's on welfare or something. IMO she was probably trying to give 15 people better lives. Have to admire someone like that...RIP

HHURRICANE
05-07-2007, 05:31 PM
Kelsay hit Culppepper so hard in week 2 that it killed his mother. Ouch.

jamesiscool
05-07-2007, 05:38 PM

boooooo not cool dood.

have some respect.

altho yea its cool to say kelsay kicked culpepper's ass, which is true, but have some respected for the mans mother regardless of what team he is on.

she did alot of good and we need more people like her in todays world.

RIP

!Papacrunk!
05-07-2007, 06:58 PM

the likely retort is "aww come one it's just a joke" but that was one pretty pathetic joke. Pretty classless man.

Back to the main subject, it's really too bad, especially since it seems like she had Alzheimer's towards the end. Hopefully she passed away peacefully.

!Papacrunk!
05-14-2007, 05:09 PM
Here's a great, but sad article that was recently done on Emma Culpepper (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dauntemom051407,0,678682.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front):

In her 92 years, she raised butchers and bankers and teachers and caregivers and, yes, pro football players. She made such an impact on people's lives that even Randy Moss, Daunte's long, lost teammate, sent five arrangements of flowers Saturday.

And you know the most amazing part of the 17 children she raised? None of them was her own -- at least biologically. She never gave birth; she just gave life. Her children weren't conceived from her womb but from her heart. As the old preacher said Saturday, Emma took rags nobody wanted and turned them into quilts.

"She was our gift from God," says Betty Isaac, her niece. "Without her love, her care and her discipline, who knows what would have happened to us."

Pinkerton Security
05-14-2007, 05:25 PM
great woman, there is a lot of need for adoptive parents out there and not too many want to do it.

rip

justasportsfan
05-14-2007, 05:32 PM
don't be a moran , Hurricane. Not cool.

HHURRICANE
05-14-2007, 05:58 PM
don't be a moran , Hurricane. Not cool.

I was hoping this thread would die, literally. It was a bad joke, in bad form, and I apologize. Unfortunately, Papa resurrected it, again, and I have no way of deleting it or it would be history.

Calling me a moron for something I regret posting doesn't make it any better.

LtFinFan66
05-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Kelsay hit Culppepper so hard in week 2 that it killed his mother. Ouch.get back on your short bus and scribble comments like that in crayon on the back of the seat!:shakeno: