PDA

View Full Version : Bills better than overrated Jets

Bills232
05-07-2007, 08:57 PM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070506/SPORTS0101/705060342

I told you guys..

LETS GO BILLS!!!

OpIv37
05-07-2007, 09:16 PM
it's one guy saying that.

That being said, Matthews tends to be unduly hard on the Bills, so the fact that he's saying it has some credibility.

Devin
05-08-2007, 12:54 AM
We shall see, I certainly hope hes right but the Jets followed up last years draft with another great draft. I think Mangini has them playing very well.

Buffalo I still think needs another year unless Youboty plays better than everyone here expects.

BleedinGreenNC
05-08-2007, 06:09 AM
This guy just keeps trying!

TigerJ
05-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Two of the Jets' wins last season came against the two teams Buffalo didn't play; Cleveland and Oakland. Two of Buffalo's losses came against the two teams Buffalo played instead; Baltimore and San Diego. It's not out of the question to suggest that given how much better Baltimore and San Diego were last season than Cleveland and Oakland, that had Buffalo and the Jets switched, the Jets would have had two more losses and Buffalo two more wins. Given that, plus the fact that the Jets and Bills split their series last season, and you can make the argument that Buffalo and the Jets were pretty close last season. Then add in the fact that Buffalo lost several of their games, including the first game versus the Jets when JP Losman was just getting his feet wet and was being brought along very slowly by the new coaching staff, you could make the argument that by the end of the season Buffalo was actually a better team than the Jets last season. But we shall see.

gr8slayer
05-08-2007, 08:07 AM
I think we are about equal.

EDS
05-08-2007, 08:08 AM
Interesting that he says he likes the Bills wide receivers better. I certaintly think Evans is alot better then anyone the Jets have but the Jets unquestionably have a better collection of wide receivers with Coles, Cotchery and McCairns. Cotchery in particular as a number 2 (unless he has already surpassed Coles making number 2) wideout is leaps and bounds better then anything the Bills have as a number 2 option.

patmoran2006
05-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Insane.

The Jets got a key RB they didnt have last year.. and they got a pair of defenders early in the draft that will instantly upgrade their defense.

The Jets are a team to watch big time this season.. I dont even think they lost a single player this off-season of any importance.

mybills
05-08-2007, 09:08 AM
"I even like Buffalo's uniforms better."

:roflmao:

EDS
05-08-2007, 09:11 AM
YoungMoney - Why did you "groan" me for raising a question about an article? That seems kind of childish.

Mr. Miyagi
05-08-2007, 09:12 AM
We sweep the Jets this season. Guaranteed.

Mad Bomber
05-08-2007, 09:17 AM
People seem to forget this about last year:

One reason the Jets had a better record last season is that they played a significantly softer schedule outside of the AFC East. Buffalo's non-division opponents were a combined 91-69 last season and the Jets' non-division opponents were 70-90.

BleedinGreenNC
05-08-2007, 10:07 AM
Two of the Jets' wins last season came against the two teams Buffalo didn't play; Cleveland and Oakland. Two of Buffalo's losses came against the two teams Buffalo played instead; Baltimore and San Diego. It's not out of the question to suggest that given how much better Baltimore and San Diego were last season than Cleveland and Oakland, that had Buffalo and the Jets switched, the Jets would have had two more losses and Buffalo two more wins. Given that, plus the fact that the Jets and Bills split their series last season, and you can make the argument that Buffalo and the Jets were pretty close last season. Then add in the fact that Buffalo lost several of their games, including the first game versus the Jets when JP Losman was just getting his feet wet and was being brought along very slowly by the new coaching staff, you could make the argument that by the end of the season Buffalo was actually a better team than the Jets last season. But we shall see.

Just to clarify, the Jet's lost against the Brown's on a botched call. I definitely agree that Buffalo was the better team at the end of the season, case in point, the butt whooping that you gave us!!

patmoran2006
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Just to clarify, the Jet's lost against the Brown's on a botched call. I definitely agree that Buffalo was the better team at the end of the season, case in point, the butt whooping that you gave us!!
You must be refering to the 31-13 drubbing we gave NY.

Interestingly, it was a game when our "overated" players played a major role.

Willis McGahee ran for 125 yards, including a 57-yard touchdown run. Nate Clements interecepted a pass and returned it 58 yards for a touchdown... And the "unproductive" London Fletcher had nine tackles and also an interception.

But they're not going to be missed. We are a better team without them.

OpIv37
05-08-2007, 10:34 AM
You must be refering to the 31-13 drubbing we gave NY.

Interestingly, it was a game when our "overated" players played a major role.

Willis McGahee ran for 125 yards, including a 57-yard touchdown run. Nate Clements interecepted a pass and returned it 58 yards for a touchdown... And the "unproductive" London Fletcher had nine tackles and also an interception.

But they're not going to be missed. We are a better team without them.

McGahee will only be missed against the Jets because he did NOTHING against any other team.

The other two will definitely be missed.

DraftBoy
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Jets are the AFCE only hope to contend with the Pats for the division. We are where the Jets were two years ago, we need two good drafts in a row. Watch out for Thomas Jones behind Ferguson and Mangold, thats scary.

TacklingDummy
05-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Did the Jets lose their starting RB and replace him with a rookie?

Did the Jets lose one of the best CB in the NFL and replace him with... (don't really know who)?

Did the Jets lose 2 of their starting LBs?

Realistically the Jets look better than the Bills on paper. But as Chris Berman says..."That's why the play the game".

Personally I think the Jets are overrated and some Bills fans overrated the Bills.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets finished 8-8 or worse. Or if the Bills finished 5-11 or worse.

TigerJ
05-08-2007, 12:51 PM

Oops, my bad.

TigerJ
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Did the Jets lose their starting RB and replace him with a rookie?

Did the Jets lose one of the best CB in the NFL and replace him with... (don't really know who)?

Did the Jets lose 2 of their starting LBs?

Realistically the Jets look better than the Bills on paper. But as Chris Berman says..."That's why the play the game".

Personally I think the Jets are overrated and some Bills fans overrated the Bills.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets finished 8-8 or worse. Or if the Bills finished 5-11 or worse.

Running back is one position where rookies often have a major impact. It's not that experience is of no benefit. It's just that raw talent seems to be a bigger factor there than anywhere else. Lynch is talented by everyone's evaluation. Plus, on paper at least, he should have a much stronger run blocking offensive line.

It is true that Buffalo gave up three veterans who were known quantities on defense, and may struggle finding their way early on. It's also true that Spikes was far from 100% when he did play, and Angelo Crowell at 100% may be quite a bit better than Spikes at whatever level he tried to play at last season. It's also true that Buffalo let Fletcher walk without ever offering a contract. I won't go over the alleged deficiencies in his game that are well known, but obviously the Bills thought he was not a particularly good fit for the defense we are playing, and they thought they could do better. Clements, on the other hand, was all about the money. The contract he got from San Francisco was insane. I would have been in favor of keeping him if it had not been quite so expensive. Youboty is young and an unknown quantity, but that is different from knowing he'll be a lot worse. You and Chris Berman are right. We do have to play the games to know.

CuseJetsFan83
05-08-2007, 01:34 PM
plain and simple, this is why i dont really listen to the experts......

i think the jets will repeat the 10-6 record and split with NE/BUFF

and then probably a few close ones.........

should be alot of parity, although the part that intrigues me is NE..... can all those egos really play as a team....... i'd love to see them go 9-7 and then have buffalo beat them on a interdivisional tiebreaker :-D
thats the win win combo.....

im looking forward to the end of september though....... for my yearly buffalo run, look out :-)

CuseJetsFan83
05-08-2007, 01:38 PM
People seem to forget this about last year: <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> One reason the Jets had a better record last season is that they played a significantly softer schedule outside of the AFC East. Buffalo's non-division opponents were a combined 91-69 last season and the Jets' non-division opponents were 70-90.</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote --><!-- / message --> <!-- sig -->

well you know whats funny is those 2 teams that we played, were cleveland and oakland, where as buffalo had 2 substantially harder teams yes..... but other than those 2 teams, the rest of the schedule was the same...

if this was an arguement of 2 conference teams, but not divisional i'd say that the arguement would have complete merit, but thats like saying..... NE should have the worst record because they had the hardest schedule.....

trust me, i will be one of the first to admit we had an "easy" schedule, but dont forget, that whole NFC north was weak (minus chicago).

patmoran2006
05-08-2007, 04:18 PM
It's all about having your team ready to play.

How else do you explain that Buffalo could come within an eyelash of beating both Indy and SD this year; 2 of the best 3 teams probably in the entire NFL. But they play Detroit and get their asses handed to them (the game wasn't close like the score indicated)

It's about coaching and preparation. Of course, a little luck too.

The Spaz
05-08-2007, 05:05 PM
It's all about having your team ready to play.

How else do you explain that Buffalo could come within an eyelash of beating both Indy and SD this year; 2 of the best 3 teams probably in the entire NFL. But they play Detroit and get their asses handed to them (the game wasn't close like the score indicated)

It's about coaching and preparation. Of course, a little luck too.

Include NE as well.

ParanoidAndroid
05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Running back is one position where rookies often have a major impact. It's not that experience is of no benefit. It's just that raw talent seems to be a bigger factor there than anywhere else. Lynch is talented by everyone's evaluation. Plus, on paper at least, he should have a much stronger run blocking offensive line.

It is true that Buffalo gave up three veterans who were known quantities on defense, and may struggle finding their way early on. It's also true that Spikes was far from 100% when he did play, and Angelo Crowell at 100% may be quite a bit better than Spikes at whatever level he tried to play at last season. It's also true that Buffalo let Fletcher walk without ever offering a contract. I won't go over the alleged deficiencies in his game that are well known, but obviously the Bills thought he was not a particularly good fit for the defense we are playing, and they thought they could do better. Clements, on the other hand, was all about the money. The contract he got from San Francisco was insane. I would have been in favor of keeping him if it had not been quite so expensive. Youboty is young and an unknown quantity, but that is different from knowing he'll be a lot worse. You and Chris Berman are right. We do have to play the games to know.

As a close second to RB, LB is a position where rookies make significant impacts (Lofa Tatupu and Demeco Ryans are recent examples). So, with a little luck and a whole lot of preparation, Lynch and Poz could take the sting out of losing those vets.

ublinkwescore
05-08-2007, 05:39 PM
This guy just keeps trying!

I think we're better than the Jets, but I don't expect a season sweep - I honestly can't remember the last time either team has swept the other - I think it was back when you guys had Parcells.

Or back when we had Gregg Williams - and got swept by you...

patmoran2006
05-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Include NE as well.
Ya definitely NE as well. We were probably one bad (and bull****) penalty call against us away from beating them. On the opposite end, Im not sure it's humanly possible to look worse than the way we played them the second time around.

I think some teams just match up good against other teams.. Ask the Dallas Mavs about Golden State. The rest of the time, its about being prepared and ready to play.