• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

So has it been determined yet

That aliens took over Marv's body after the second round.

I can see taking a flyer on the Boise State guy, but all the other picks baffle me.

Hope you Youboty guys will enjoy seeing the back of his jersey chasing after Randy Moss.
  • YoungMoney
    ~ Greatest Rapper Alive ~
    • May 2007

Re: So has it been determined yet

Any CB we would have taken would have been riding the pine while Youboty played anyways.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

Since we didn't take a CB in the first or second round - and rightfully so, as RB and LB were far greater needs - it would have made little sense to draft one in the third. Youboty was a steal in the third round last year, and I would guess that none of the remaining CBs after 91 picks graded out nearly as high as he did.

He was young and inexperienced when we drafted him, and then missed a large part of camp. He was also behind 2 veteran starters. I don't think there is any reason to believe that Youboty won't be a quality player this season.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        That aliens took over Marv's body after the second round.

I can see taking a flyer on the Boise State guy, but all the other picks baffle me.

Hope you Youboty guys will enjoy seeing the back of his jersey chasing after Randy Moss.
        So a rookie CB we draft in rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 would be more ready to start than last year's 3rd round pick? Or even would be ahead of Thomas?

Later rounds are not about filling needs. They rarely step in year 1 and provide solid play (last year was an anomoly). Take the best player there.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          Since we didn't take a CB in the first or second round - and rightfully so, as RB and LB were far greater needs - it would have made little sense to draft one in the third. Youboty was a steal in the third round last year, and I would guess that none of the remaining CBs after 91 picks graded out nearly as high as he did.

He was young and inexperienced when we drafted him, and then missed a large part of camp. He was also behind 2 veteran starters. I don't think there is any reason to believe that Youboty won't be a quality player this season.
          and you know this because...?

Youboty played nickel in ONE game- that's all the experience he has over Hughes or some other 3rd round CB.

I think we should have drafted Hughes and let him and Youboty fight it out in camp- even if Youboty wins at least we'd have some young depth at the position. Instead we have a 7 year vet with 0 career interceptions, a 2nd year player who played nickel in ONE game, and McGee, who has struggled in 2 of his 3 years at CB.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• YoungMoney
            ~ Greatest Rapper Alive ~
            • May 2007

We have Greer who has more experience then all of them, and the same skills (runs a 4.4)

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YoungMoney
              We have Greer who has more experience then all of them, and the same skills (runs a 4.4)
              if he has the same skills, why was he on the bench while Thomas and Youboty played last year?

Speed is not the same as skill. Antonio Brown ring a bell?
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                • May 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

Youboty played nickel in ONE game- that's all the experience he has over Hughes or some other 3rd round CB.

I think we should have drafted Hughes and let him and Youboty fight it out in camp- even if Youboty wins at least we'd have some young depth at the position. Instead we have a 7 year vet with 0 career interceptions, a 2nd year player who played nickel in ONE game, and McGee, who has struggled in 2 of his 3 years at CB.
                Sorry, Op, I'm just going by what is obvious from what the Bills did - or didn't do - at CB. They must feel that he can handle the job, or they would have drafted someone else.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37

And a rookie would fix all of that!

Youboty also had an entire year of practicing with the team, attending meetings, working with coaches, working with veteran players, and learning the defense, as well as an offseason working with the coaches. To say he only played in one game is entirely 100% inaccurate.

For somebody who *****ed up a storm you did not want rookie starters you sure a re *****ing that we don't have rookie starters.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I was surprised that we traded up for Pos. I believe we could have taken Houston there and picked up a LB with our 3rd.

I don't get the Edwards thing at all. We spent all last year coddling JP telling him that he "won" the QB competition. The guy was just starting to get some confidence in his play, and now he has to look over his shoulder again?

If JP is our guy, we should be extending him now before his contract is up so we don't end up in that Clemens predicament again. Maybe by drafting Edwards they are saying that JP is not our guy.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Sorry, Op, I'm just going by what is obvious from what the Bills did - or didn't do - at CB. They must feel that he can handle the job, or they would have drafted someone else.
                      well I hope they're right because on paper our CB situation is piss-poor.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

I absolutley disagree.

I do agree about RB and LB being needs 1-2 and were rightfully addressed in the first two picks, but CB was a much bigger need than a 2nd or 3rd string QB, and Daymeion Hughes was sitting there. ON top of that, Polian takes him right after us, which almost guarentees he's going to be a good player.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                          Zero for Zero!
                          • Mar 2003

NO drafted a RB. Are they saying Bush is not their guy? Atlanta drafted Schaub after drafting Vick. GB drafted Hasselbeck while they had Favre. Dallas drafted Steve Walsh right after drafting Aikman.

Maybe, just maybe, Edwards was rated so high the Bills could not have passed on him.

Drafting Pos made sense. They needed impact at LB and he was the last impact guy available. I do think they gave up more than they should have, it is not a big deal. What LB could have they taken in round 3?

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            And a rookie would fix all of that!

Youboty also had an entire year of practicing with the team, attending meetings, working with coaches, working with veteran players, and learning the defense, as well as an offseason working with the coaches. To say he only played in one game is entirely 100% inaccurate.

For somebody who *****ed up a storm you did not want rookie starters you sure a re *****ing that we don't have rookie starters.
                            Fix it? No.

Provide depth and provide another option in case Youboty sucks? Absolutely.

When Nate left and we didn't sign someone like Harper, I *****ed about it and everyone said we can find one in the draft. Well, guess what DIDN'T happen?

I'm definitely not a fan of rookie starters but I'm even less of a fan of losing players and not replacing them.

People around here have a LOT of confidence in Youboty for no real reason other than his "first round grade" before he was drafted in the THIRD round.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              • May 2003

No use beating this to death. No one will know until next season whether Youboty will be the man or not.

It just seems to me, judging by their draft, that the Bills are comfortable not only with Youboty, but Ellison and McCargo as well. They're not as quick to give up on young players as some posters here, or to subscribe to "the grass is always greener" scenario, where everyone we've ever heard of is automatically better than anyone we already have.

Comment

Working...
                              X