PDA

View Full Version : We're no longer the cool pick for the ESPN "Experts"

BlackMetalNinja
05-08-2007, 08:30 AM
I guess the fact that we didn't all out destroy the Rangers means we're just not good enough anymore or something...

<table class="tablehead" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="540"><tbody><tr><td class="gamehead" colspan="10" align="center">EXPERT PICKS -- CONFERENCE FINALS</td></tr> <tr class="evenrow" style="text-align: center;"> <td>Series
(Games)</td> <td>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/amber_david_35.jpg
Amber</td> <td>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/buccigross_john_35.jpg
Buccigross</td> <td>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/burnside_scott_35.jpg
Burnside</td> <td>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/cohn_linda_35.jpg
Cohn</td> <td>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/hradek_ej_35.jpg
Hradek</td> <td>http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/melrose_barry_35.jpg
Melrose</td> </tr> <tr class="oddrow" style="text-align: center;"> <td>Buffalo vs. Ottawa
</td> <td>Senators
(win in 6)</td> <td>Sabres
(win in 7)</td> <td>Senators
(win in 6)</td> <td>Senators
(win in 6)</td> <td>Sabres
(win in 7)</td> <td>Sabres
(win in 7)</td> </tr> <tr class="evenrow" style="text-align: center;"> <td>Detroit vs. Anaheim
</td> <td>Ducks
(win in 6)</td> <td>Ducks
(win in 7)</td> <td>Wings
(win in 7)</td> <td>Ducks
(win in 6)</td></tr></tbody></table>

OpIv37
05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I think maybe the fact that the Rangers beat us twice and hung with us in 3 of the 4 victories had something to do with it.

YoungMoney
05-08-2007, 08:32 AM
Yeah i guess since we're coming off our best Playoff game this season, were done for!

Dozerdog
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
First off, it's 50-50 on the poll.

Second- the "experts" on that panel - Hradek (Hockey writer and Sirius Hockey radio host) Melrose (Player & coach) and Buccigross (Long time ESPN Hockey host) all went with the Sabres

Haven't heard of the other two dudes, and Linda Cohn and her 12 toes went with the Sens. So I feel comfortable with who picked whom

Dr. Lecter
05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Maybe it because the Senators destroyed the Devils?

They are playing very, very well.

BTW, Cohn picked the Rangers last series.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-08-2007, 09:16 AM
The only person on that panel that I care about is EJ Hradek. That guy is really good on the NHL show on Sirius. Why isn't anyone giving Detroit a chance? That is a very good team even without Schneider.

ddaryl
05-08-2007, 10:21 AM
I guess the fact that we didn't all out destroy the Rangers means we're just not good enough anymore or something...

We should of destroyed the Rangers, or at least we should have actually played a heluva alot better. I don't feel as warm and fuzzy about the Sabres after the Rangers series. This team needs to dig deeper and play 60+ minutes of hockey or they'll be in rough shape.

don137
05-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I think the Rangers were playing much better than the Devils...Brodeur did not play well at all. I think Lundquist was playing as well as any goalie can play in the playoffs...I think the Sens have more fire power then the Rangers but Lundquist is lights out better than Emery in the playoffs...Buffalo will captialize on those nice fat rebounds Emery is so famous for...Getting past Emery will be easier but team in front of the goalie will be a little tougher than the Rangers.

Bufftp
05-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe it because the Senators destroyed the Devils?

They are playing very, very well.

BTW, Cohn picked the Rangers last series.
While not taking away from the Senators play, New Jersy depends on a 1 or 2 goal game, with Brodeur keeping it close. Brodeur wasoff, awful, and they were not Devils that people expected.

Michael82
05-08-2007, 11:35 AM
We should of destroyed the Rangers, or at least we should have actually played a heluva alot better. I don't feel as warm and fuzzy about the Sabres after the Rangers series. This team needs to dig deeper and play 60+ minutes of hockey or they'll be in rough shape.
I personally feel that the Sabres looked ahead to the ECF instead of giving the Rangers everything that they can. When they realized that they might blow it and lose the series (Game 5), they looked like their dominant self and their offense woke up. Plus.....

Lundqvist >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Emry

I have no doubt that the Sabres will be up for this series and think that they have been saving up for this series and will kick some ass and give it their all each day. I pick Sabres in 5 or 6. :up:

JD
05-08-2007, 11:39 AM
A girl picked the sens..

Sabres will win, as will the Red Wings!

ddaryl
05-08-2007, 12:31 PM
I personally feel that the Sabres looked ahead to the ECF instead of giving the Rangers everything that they can. When they realized that they might blow it and lose the series (Game 5), they looked like their dominant self and their offense woke up. Plus.....

Maybe so but there is no excuse for that, and Lindy is responsible for making sure that attitude never takes hold.

RockStar36
05-08-2007, 01:06 PM
They are all biased. Cohn picked the Rangers last series because she is a huge NYR fan and Buccigross will always pick the Sabres because he wants to have Drury's baby.

CuseJetsFan83
05-08-2007, 01:12 PM
They are all biased. Cohn picked the Rangers last series because she is a huge NYR fan and Buccigross will always pick the Sabres because he wants to have Drury's baby.
ok because he is different than shelby how, as far as druuuuury goes?

RockStar36
05-08-2007, 03:02 PM
ok because he is different than shelby how, as far as druuuuury goes?

I don't know man. I think it's cool that someone on ESPN gives the Sabres credit and everything. I was just simply stating the point that he loves Drury.

shelby
05-08-2007, 04:48 PM
He can't have Druuuuuuuuuuury's babies. That's my job damnit!

i agree with Melrose, Buccigross, and Hradek...Sabres in 7.

YardRat
05-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Linda Cohn has twelve toes?