PDA

View Full Version : Marshawn Lynch is....

elltrain22
05-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Ranked 26th on the Yahoo big board for fantasy football. He is ahead of some very good players. I am sorry I don't have a link, but I am at work, and Yahoo (where I work) is filtered.

elltrain22
05-08-2007, 10:23 AM
if I am not mistaken he is ahead of guys like Edgerin James, Thomas Jones, Adrian Peterson, and Cedric Benson.

Mr. Miyagi
05-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Honestly his fantasy stock shouldn't be much higher than Maroney's last year before the season started. Marshawn isn't going to come in and tear it up right away. I hope he does but I doubt it. If he goes in any higher than the 3rd round it's a major reach.

OpIv37
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Honestly his fantasy stock shouldn't be much higher than Maroney's last year before the season started. Marshawn isn't going to come in and tear it up right away. I hope he does but I doubt it. If he goes in any higher than the 3rd round it's a major reach.

not to mention it remains to be seen whether or not our OL has truly been upgraded. I really like Dockery but I've been excited about OL upgrades in the past only to be disappointed once the season actually started.

Lynch could be a good sleeper pick for fantasy if he's still there a little later but at this point I would grab him as a back up after most of the other positions are set.

BAM
05-08-2007, 10:43 AM
IMO, there's a very high possibility that he starts game 1 of the season....

W1DER1GHT
05-08-2007, 11:06 AM
I think a lot of this has to do with the upgraded offensive line, and the probabilty that Lynch will start in week one. Who knows what will happen with the line, but I really think Lynch will have a pretty good year for a rookie. Only time will tell, but he's probably a bit too high in that fantasy ranking, but that tends to happen with first round skill guys, other than quarterback.

OpIv37
05-08-2007, 11:45 AM
IMO, there's a very high possibility that he starts game 1 of the season....

if he doesn't start he'll definitely see significant action. But we're talking fantasy here- I'd definitely make him my 2nd RB at this point, unless it's a really big league and all the more proven guys get scooped up early. A few years ago I did a league with 16 teams- it was awful.

madness
05-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I'd have no problem taking him as a second or third back. More as a third though since he's going to lose practically all his goal line carries.

Philagape
05-08-2007, 01:13 PM
if I am not mistaken he is ahead of guys like Edgerin James, Thomas Jones, Adrian Peterson, and Cedric Benson.

I'd take Lynch over Peterson and Benson and maybe Jones, but not James.

evol4276
05-08-2007, 02:26 PM
I'd take Lynch over Peterson and Benson and maybe Jones, but not James. even while he's in az?? i kinda assume ml is gunna start (tho i hate assumptions) and i definately believe him to be a decent 2nd rb borderline 3rd for ff. might not get a lot of td's but if he gets a decent amount of carries he can definately get the yards

The Spaz
05-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Lynch is going to be a beast.

ParanoidAndroid
05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
In a league where yards are weighted low against TD's (ex. 20yds = 1pt, TD = 6pts) his value is reduced, but this ranking seems fitting for leagues where yards are weighted higher (10yds = 1pt). I would leave him alone simply because the Bills go up against a slew of tough defenses, especially to start the year. If I'm lucky, he'll be on the waiver wire after the first half of the season, so I can pick him up. He'll go on a late season surge if healthy.

Stewie
05-08-2007, 08:43 PM
he's a starting running back in the nfl, which means he should be one of the top 32 picks for sure, right?

patmoran2006
05-08-2007, 10:08 PM
I think you guys are undervaluing Anthony Thomas' presence on this team, at least for 2007.

I understand lynch was a high pick and he'll get plenty of carries; but I think A-Train is going to start, at least the first half of the season.

I expect Lynch to average around 12-16 carries as a rookie.

elltrain22
05-09-2007, 07:16 AM
I think you guys are undervaluing Anthony Thomas' presence on this team, at least for 2007.

I understand lynch was a high pick and he'll get plenty of carries; but I think A-Train is going to start, at least the first half of the season.

I expect Lynch to average around 12-16 carries as a rookie.

Dude, I love you sig!! More cowbell, more cowbell!!!!

BillsFever21
05-09-2007, 04:10 PM
You guys may be very disapointed when you find out our OL isn't gonna be as great as some of you are thinking. It's a slight upgrade from last year by overpaying for Dockery but that is our only true upgrade. Langston Walker isn't anything special. He never has been once in his career and after giving up 10.5 sacks last year the light isn't gonna all of a sudden turn on in his head.

Dockery is better then what we had before but that is the only improvement. Last year you guys thought our line was improved with the additions of Tutan Reyes and others. Different players doesn't mean the line is better. There are many bad OL in the league today. As bad as our OL has seemed to be they were not the worst players in the league.

The Spaz
05-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Lynch will find the hole quicker unlike McGahee.

Bling
05-09-2007, 09:07 PM
He's a top 25 RB in this league.

happyspermwhale
05-09-2007, 09:16 PM
Ranked 26th on the Yahoo big board for fantasy football. He is ahead of some very good players. I am sorry I don't have a link, but I am at work, and Yahoo (where I work) is filtered.

Fantasy football players beware....I honestly don't see Lynch doing much behind a patchwork oline in buffalo. plus you have to wonder how much playing time he'll see with his negative attitude.

The Spaz
05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Fantasy football players beware....I honestly don't see Lynch doing much behind a patchwork oline in buffalo. plus you have to wonder how much playing time he'll see with his negative attitude.

Do tell about his negative atitude. :candle:

madness
05-10-2007, 08:15 AM
plus you have to wonder how much playing time he'll see with his negative attitude.

http://www.surveystandard.com/images/get_a_clue.gif

YoungMoney
05-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Nothing about his attitude is negative you idiot.