PDA

View Full Version : Lester Moves Up NFL Tenure List

justasportsfan
05-08-2007, 02:40 PM
Lester has had opportunities to leave for other coaching posts in the past, but each time he obviously decided against it.

"I didn't feel right about going to the Jets," said Lester of one opportunity. "I had another chance to go to the Jets under Al Groh. I interviewed with him for the defensive coordinator's job. Bill Parcells when he was head coach didn't know me, but I could have gone there for a linebackers job, but I stayed. I don't know. I never felt an ease in leaving. My heart has always been here. Until we get the Super Bowl for Mr. Wilson that's my goal. That is it, until we get the Super Bowl trophy for this franchise I'm driven."

To hear some of the stories when other coaches talk about things is reassuring," Lester said. "To me we've got the greatest organization around. I was happy for Bill (Polian) when he won the Super Bowl, but when you talk to other guys that have left they tell you they just didn't realize how good things were here. There's a Bills method of handling people, players and how you do things and it works. We're back to the Bills way of doing things."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4774

Gunzlingr
05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Nice!

Earthquake Enyart
05-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Maybe he's the reason that we stink. :::

ParanoidAndroid
05-08-2007, 05:37 PM
:bf1: That is a great article....kinda chokes me up.

The Spaz
05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
Maybe he's the reason that we stink. :::

He was there through the good year's as well.

G. Host
05-08-2007, 07:19 PM
I'd give hm :posrep: if I could

From what I heard from people who worked at organization at various times I am surprised he was not picked up by NFL itself or one of the sports networks.