PDA

View Full Version : 4 lines back to normal

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-08-2007, 05:27 PM
WGRZ Ch2 news Ed Kilgore is reporting that at practice today Lindy has put the original lines back together that means the Sabres number one line Hecht, Briere, Pominville line is back together. He changed that line up in the Rangers series.

YardRat
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
We need scoring from all four if we're going to advance any farther.

Meathead
05-08-2007, 10:45 PM
interesting. the reports were that he was going to keep the modified lines together for a while

not that it really matters. he will do what he thinks will work best at the time. like he says, its a guessing game and you take chances and see if it works

these guys have been playing together for so long and lindy is so good at managing the bench they could switch up all game long and not miss a beat. its awesome having so much talent at the same time

Philagape
05-09-2007, 08:47 AM
The News says the exact opposite today ....

The Sabres changed their forward trios during Game Five of the Eastern Conference semifinals, and the result was seven goals and two straight victories to close out the New York Rangers. The Sabres practiced for the conference finals Tuesday for the first time, and the lines were the same.

Tim Connolly was the center for left wing Daniel Briere and right wing Ales Kotalik. Chris Drury was in the middle of Jochen Hecht and Dainius Zubrus. Derek Roy had Thomas Vanek and Maxim Afinogenov on his wings. Paul Gaustad skated with Adam Mair and Jason Pominville.

“Right now I like the lines,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “I like what I saw of those four lines our last little while.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/71791.html

Michael82
05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
The News says the exact opposite today ....

The Sabres changed their forward trios during Game Five of the Eastern Conference semifinals, and the result was seven goals and two straight victories to close out the New York Rangers. The Sabres practiced for the conference finals Tuesday for the first time, and the lines were the same.

Tim Connolly was the center for left wing Daniel Briere and right wing Ales Kotalik. Chris Drury was in the middle of Jochen Hecht and Dainius Zubrus. Derek Roy had Thomas Vanek and Maxim Afinogenov on his wings. Paul Gaustad skated with Adam Mair and Jason Pominville.

“Right now I like the lines,” Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. “I like what I saw of those four lines our last little while.”

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/71791.html
That actually makes perfect sense! Maybe LOSman WINS misinterpreted it.... :idunno:

Philagape
05-09-2007, 09:18 AM
I like the new lines ... two speed/playmaking lines and two tough checking lines that can score. Nice balance, and its make it easier to play matchups.

Saratoga Slim
05-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Anyone have any update on Hecht's groin pull? apparently he was pulled out of practice yesterday.