PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings

Bills232
05-08-2007, 11:41 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

I don't see how the Cardinals are so high...

Didn't they have a top 5 draftpick?

Mitchy moo
05-08-2007, 11:45 PM
ummm, we're going up that list.

Don't Panic
05-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Four AFC teams at the top... wow. Maybe its a good thing we're not ready for a run this year! To be honest, that's about where I see us... in the 15-20 range. Our only goal this year should be a winning season. Anything more would be gravy. 9-7 this year would set us up nicely to make a move next year. Plus, it will give us one more year tos ee what areas we need to fine tune. Early underdog to win it all: the Saints.

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-09-2007, 06:52 AM
Those rankings are always fun in May.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Well he got one thing right for sure when he said Vince Young played well, but not nearly as well as the hype.

Pinkerton Security
05-09-2007, 07:37 AM
I cant believe the rams are ranked that high, as well as the cards, as someone mentioned. I am obviously biased as an afc fan, but the rams?? come on, their D is putrid. Steven Jackson is an animal, but their offense is aging and they cant stop anyone. I'd rank us ahead of them.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 08:45 AM
I cant believe the rams are ranked that high, as well as the cards, as someone mentioned. I am obviously biased as an afc fan, but the rams?? come on, their D is putrid. Steven Jackson is an animal, but their offense is aging and they cant stop anyone. I'd rank us ahead of them.
Hey we have something in common with them.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-09-2007, 08:55 AM
There is no reason we are ranked that high. We should be ranked no higher than 25th at this point.

That said; who cares what rankings are in May? I would much rather be ranked low (justifiably so) and improve throughout the course of the pre-season and regular season than be ranked high and drop like a rock.

justasportsfan
05-09-2007, 08:59 AM
fins are ranked too high.

Pinkerton Security
05-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Hey we have something in common with them.

while our D is very suspect, id still take it over the rams.

Looking at their depth chart position by position, there is no way I would take any of their Defensive starters over any of ours, except perhaps Witherspoon.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/DepthCharts/

even adding carriker in there, this Defense sucks. bad. even worse than ours!

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 09:03 AM
while our D is very suspect, id still take it over the rams.

Looking at their depth chart position by position, there is no way I would take any of their Defensive starters over any of ours, except perhaps Witherspoon.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/Team/DepthCharts/

even adding carriker in there, this Defense sucks. bad. even worse than ours!I'd take Leonard Little, La'Roi Glover, Witherspoon, Tye Hill, Corey Chavous, and Pisa Tinoisamoa, and John Alston.

Generalissimus Gibby
05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
northwesternfan don't you work the nightshift? Do they really let you have a laptop at the counter. Isn't your boss afraid someone will come in and steal stuff while you're distracted?

Pinkerton Security
05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
I'd take Leonard Little, La'Roi Glover, Witherspoon, Tye Hill, Corey Chavous, and Pisa Tinoisamoa, and John Alston.

well i respect your opinion...

ParanoidAndroid
05-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Every couple of years, the Cards look like they should be ready to move. They get some talent in the draft since they've been picking in the top 10 for the last decade. About every 2 or 3 years they get picked to win their division and then they drop 5 spots on the power rankings every Tuesday during the season. There's a problem with that organization.

TigerJ
05-09-2007, 09:21 AM
To the national media Buffalo's offseason moves looks strange. Granted, a few of them could be debated, but not trading McGahee. He was a malcontent who didn't give full effort. You can't have those on your team, star or not. Fletcher was a liability in run defense and Clements was going to be too expensive any way you cut it. So what do you debate. That Dockery and Langston Walker were over paid? Maybe. That Buffalo could have retained Spikes. Probably. We know Spikes had requested a trade, but we don't know how he put that to the Bills. They might have felt he would be a problem in the locker room, and that combined with the uncertainty of recovery from his achilles surgery must have been enough in the Bills' eyes to question whether his salary was justified. Unless Buffalo's draft turns out to have been spectaular again, Buffalo may have moved mostly sideways this season, but I think they improved somewhat in terms of character and attitude, and that may set the stage for a major improvement in 2008, if the offseason losses aren't too great next season.

Earthquake Enyart
05-09-2007, 09:23 AM
fins are ranked too high.
The Fins are ranked too high every year.

Bulldog
05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
The Giants are way too high. They barley made the playoffs in a weak NFC and lost their team MVP in Tiki Barber. On top of that, Eli is average at best and they're playing for a coach they can't stand. Mark my words, the Giants will be terrible this year.

Gunzlingr
05-09-2007, 10:16 AM
I miss WCF's power rankings. The Dolphags could be 0-8 and he would have them #1.

Bill Brasky
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
is it just me, or is completely assinine to have a power ranking grid before training camps have even started? give me a break.

it is pretty strange we didn't devote 80$/mill to a CB and traded a headcase RB... if NE did that they'd be genius, however.

The last buffalo fan
05-09-2007, 10:40 AM
"I considered moving the Patriots into the top spot, like everybody else has -- including Vegas linemakers -- but the thing that stopped me was I can't get the vision of 32 Colts second-half points in the title game out of my head.
Yes, the Patriots have added some nice offensive pieces and a couple of defensive additions that will help, but I still think there are flaws on that defense. "

Keep their O out of the field, and we have a chance there.

feelthepain
05-09-2007, 01:26 PM
The Fins are ranked too high every year.

So are the Bills, anything above 25 is too high! As a matter of fact you never see the Bills ranked high to start a season and rarely reach the low teens. A little more proof Bill fans always think their teams are better then what everyone else believes.

Crisis
05-09-2007, 01:40 PM
So are the Bills, anything above 25 is too high! As a matter of fact you never see the Bills ranked high to start a season and rarely reach the low teens. A little more proof Bill fans always think their teams are better then what everyone else believes.
And you're the tool who says who cares what experts say about the draft and that the Dolphins didn't "reach" for a glorified special teams player...when a year before all you talked about was us "reaching" for Whitner, because of where the "experts" had him going.

Seriously, you flip flop more than Kerry depending on what the Dolphins do.

As far as your post goes, there's 'a little more proof' that you're the biggest homer on the planet and half ******ed.

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
0-2

gr8slayer
05-09-2007, 02:00 PM
And you're the tool who says who cares what experts say about the draft and that the Dolphins didn't "reach" for a glorified special teams player...when a year before all you talked about was us "reaching" for Whitner, because of where the "experts" had him going.

Seriously, you flip flop more than Kerry depending on what the Dolphins do.

As far as your post goes, there's 'a little more proof' that you're the biggest homer on the planet and half ******ed.
You're too nice.

But hey, what do you know. Members of your family don't follow the Redskins so you don't know a thing about football. FTP knows all because daddy is a Redskins fan and they are the franchise that sets the standard for all other franchises.

TigerJ
05-09-2007, 09:31 PM
I see the Bills are actually up two spots from the last time he did one of these. I'm assuming he felt the offensive line was an upgrade and maybe the Bills helped themselves a little in the draft.