PDA

View Full Version : If the Sabres lost Game 5 to the Rangers would they have lost the series?

Meathead
05-09-2007, 10:17 AM
and please no diving

Bufftp
05-09-2007, 10:23 AM
No. This is team capable of the comeback, whether in a game or in a series. Ye of little faith.

Michael82
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
Yup. Especially if they kept playing the way they played in game 3 and game 4. :ill:

OpIv37
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
yes because their morale would have been crushed. It would have meant they dropped 3 in a row and were completely taken off their game.

don137
05-09-2007, 12:03 PM
No, they don't give up knowing they have just played hockey for the last 7 months to get here and are 2 wins away from advancing. They would of won game 6 regardless IMO.

Michael82
05-09-2007, 12:06 PM
yes because their moral would have been crushed. It would have meant they dropped 3 in a row and were completely taken off their game.
That's exactly my thought. That goal would have taken the wind out of their sails and if Drury never scored the game winner, I don't think they would have been able to come back from that. :(

Bufftp
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
Op and Mikey you do not know this team.

JD
05-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Where is the option for, "WHO THE **** CARES?"

Michael82
05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
Op and Mikey you do not know this team.
I know what I saw. This team looked like they were giving up in game 3 and 4. They were not the Buffalo Sabres. Thats why I could have seen them losing the series if they lost game 5.

CuseJetsFan83
05-09-2007, 01:27 PM
if they would have lost game 5, it would be safe to assume that the momentum and morale of the sabres would have shifted straight to cavemans clutches, but it didn't....

its hard enough to be down 3-2 and then play at their arena for the clincher and try to stave off elimination........ combine that with, look at how lundqvist went from brick wall, to letting everything in that 2nd period........ that only happened because NYR got extremely desperate.

in my heart we could have lost game 5 and then came out and repeated game 6 the way it actually happened, and then duplicate it in game 7, but its not te way it happened, so lets just get ready for those sens!

Meathead
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
were completely taken off their game.
game five was a mismatch. if it ended 1-0 everyone would have known that the rangers completely stole one against a clearly better team

good for them. it woulda put them in place to win the series. but it didnt count as a series win just yet

as tough as it would be for the sabres they could have went into game six with a lot of confidence. and as much respect as i have for how the rangers rallied by giving up their bodies for a stifling defense i still dont think they could have held up under that kind of sabres attack. even the dominator in his prime couldnt stop everything indefinitely, its just a matter of time

look at it this way, with the sabres having just dominated the rangers and now desperate who would you like in game 6? personally id take buffalo there and once they win that game i dont see the rangers coming up with enough in the clincher in bflo

SabreEleven
05-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Where is the option for, "WHO THE **** CARES?"

Exactly.... Is this the Scooby thread of the day? Stupid!!!

Meathead
05-09-2007, 01:44 PM
http://www.popartuk.com/g/l/lgfp1225.jpg