PDA

View Full Version : Bills Rookie Back Has The Wright Stuff

justasportsfan
05-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Throughout his playing career Dwayne Wright has faced detours and roadblocks. Obstacles that have threatened to derail his talent and ability from being on full display. But each time Wright has been able to persevere and it played a factor in why the Bills made him their fourth round pick on draft weekend.

"There were qualities about the man that several of us really liked a lot," said Bills GM Marv Levy.

"He's just a tough hard-nosed between the tackles grind-it-out, pound-on-you type of runner," said Bills scout Terry Wooden. "He's the type of guy where if you put him in there he'll wear you out. He runs hard in the first quarter and he runs hard in the fourth quarter."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4779

We could have one hell of a 1-2 punch if he pans out.

bflojohn
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
When I watched him on tape (highlights), he reminded me an awful lot of Michael Turner! His build and running style are eerily similar to Turner, and if he develops along those lines.... watch out! What a one/two punch with Marshawn Lynch!

justasportsfan
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM
When I watched him on tape (highlights), he reminded me an awful lot of Michael Turner! His build and running style are eerily similar to Turner, and if he develops along those lines.... watch out! What a one/two punch with Marshawn Lynch!

If he turns out to be as good as Turner maybe we can trade him to the chargers for a 1st and 3rd in the future

Saratoga Slim
05-09-2007, 12:54 PM
I'm really excited about our backfield. Lynch and Wright seem like perfect complements. And lets not forget about A-Train either, while I wasn't comfortable with him as the go-to starter, he's a load too. He looked very solid when he filled in for McGahee last season.

I think its got the potential to be the deepest backfield we've had in years (or maybe even ever).